Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Superstar

Default KG hints towards leaving Minnesota

By doing nothing at the NBA trading deadline Thursday, the Timberwolves actually might have done a whole lot of something to alter their team.
    Kevin Garnett, the Wolves' All-Star forward, made it pretty clear after the shootaround Friday morning that he was not happy with the stand-pat approach.

"We made no moves. Typical," Garnett said in a raspy voice, apparently fighting a cold.

Asked if he had been hoping for a trade to boost the team's playoff chances, Garnett responded: "We're trying to get better, right? It is what it is."

A couple of minutes later, after some comments about Phoenix, he offered a glimpse at how "not happy" he really was.

"Thank God for opt-outs," Garnett said as he wrapped up the brief interview.

The 7-foot franchise player has an opt-out clause in his contract after the 2007-08 season, before the final year of his current contract.

Assistant general manager Fred Hoiberg said he spoke with Garnett after the deadline passed, however, and that the player's mood was "good."
    http://www.startribune.com/511/story/1022668.html

Sounds real pissed here. Dude has given it his all every minute hes out there, shame its come down to this.

I really think we're going to see KG move this summer. Chicago is probably where he would go...being that its his hometown, he would be the #1 option and would make them instant heavy contenders
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 02-24-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Default Re: KG hints towards leaving Minnesota

I agree. I think its the beginning of the end of KG's run in Minnesota. You can only be loyal for so long.

Local High School Star

See, thats why Chicago was so hesistant to pull the trigger on Pau Gasol, they want KG.

Excellent....

Chicago to be champions for 2008...

Good for KG, as long as he signs with the Knicks.

This is where you move Bynum AND Odom

I rule the local playground

I've said this before. KG could use his opt out much like Shaq did.

He could not only demand a trade, but demand a trade to the team he wants to go to and say that if anyone else trades for him, he will opt out and leave.

If the Lakers make a proposal, it will involve Odom, Brown, and first round picks. Chicago won't give up Deng and they shouldn't.

It will be interesting to see what kind of trade offers Minnesota would get. They won't be as good and T'Wolves fans want them to be, especially if KG starts making demands.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If the Cs get the top pick I'd love to see the team go after Garnett. Pierce, KG, and Big Al=best frontcourt in the NBA.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If the Cs get the top pick I'd love to see the team go after Garnett. Pierce, KG, and Big Al=best frontcourt in the NBA.
    If Durant and/or Oden declares for the draft, you keep the top pick. If both stay in school, I would consider trading it, but it's value drops significantly. Then you have Brandan Wright, who could stay, and Noah, who is solid, but won't be the big star Oden and Durant will be.

opt out and go tot Dallas KG!

HeartHustleHope

He should run from minneosota as fast as he can.

Please K.G. come back home to Chicago you'd be the final piece in order for us to really become a contender and I'm sure we'd be the number 1 team in the east. The Bulls would have a chance to get their seventh championship by 2010, maybe even 2008, anything could happen.
    Last edited by Crazy Style; 02-24-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traditionone
    If Durant and/or Oden declares for the draft, you keep the top pick. If both stay in school, I would consider trading it, but it's value drops significantly. Then you have Brandan Wright, who could stay, and Noah, who is solid, but won't be the big star Oden and Durant will be.
    Oden and Durant both look very talented but Pierce is 30 so it's time to go for a Championship for him, if he's ever going to win one as a star player. Oden and Durant may not be great for another three or four seasons. Pierce has already shown great patience waiting for guys like Jefferson and West to develop, but I'm a little concerned that if the team continues to get younger he's going to want out. But if Ainge puts Pierce and KG, together that would keep Pierce happy and along with Jefferson, Delonte West, and more experienced versions of Gerald Green and Rajon Rondo this team could win the East and with a little luck, a Championship. It would be the best chance to win a title the Cs have had in about two decades. Shouldn't pass that chance up.

Enough already! KG needs to follow the example of AI and just bolt to a team that actually has a chance. He can hint at leaving all he wants but unless he specifically says "I want out" it's not gonna help him. He's just gonna have another lottery year before he can opt out.

Good college starter

Why would any team give up anything of strong value for a guy that will now most likely opt out of his contract?

The T-Wolves are screwed. The best they might get now from the Bulls would be Thomas and the Knicks pick (top 3 protected). And that might be too much now that the cat's out of the bag.

And why haven't they fired McHale yet? I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.