Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Old school racist ads

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/41-mi...u-need-to-see/

Wow I cant believe these ads used to appeal to people.
    We have come so far as a nation

Default Re: Old school racist ads

wtf....?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

some of those are much more racist than others...they are all really interesting though

and yeah I had to pause at the goose biting down on the black kid's dck...wtf?...I don't even see what that ad is trying to sell

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    some of those are much more racist than others...they are all really interesting though

and yeah I had to pause at the goose biting down on the black kid's dck...wtf?...I don't even see what that ad is trying to sell
    Bob's bar and than an address.

I am guess its a bar? Where they are super racist i guess

Banned

Only ad that promoted blacks in a good way from that site was Aunt Jemima.

They portrayed her very well besides her being a cook or a slave but slavery was normal at the time.

Some of the other ads were very bad but you have to remember the country was split at the time. There were those that believed blacks should be slaves and the others that didn't.

Therefore, the companies had to sell their products to certain groups. If it was down South, there would be more racist ads depicting blacks. If it was up North, there would be regular ads too.

Banned

Japs getting smart and white folks do anything for their corn flakes. Hence, why the "Japs" lured the white troops with it. Double stereotype here.

Wheaties owned by black or indians?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

They portrayed her very well besides her being a cook or a slave but slavery was normal at the time.

Some of the other ads were very bad but you have to remember the country was split at the time. There were those that believed blacks should be slaves and the others that didn't.

Therefore, the companies had to sell their products to certain groups. If it was down South, there would be more racist ads depicting blacks. If it was up North, there would be regular ads too.

this one

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Slavery ended in america with the passage of the 13th amendment enacted on December 6, 1865

I believe all of these ads were after slavery was illegal.
    I think your trolling, but just because it should be said:

These ads showed how deeply ingrained racism used to be in America. Ads are a good representative of what society deems as appropriate. Marketing departs are eager to portray their products as mainstream and to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and/or the largest amount of consumer dollars possible (for high end products). Most companies would shy away from associating with something they believe society would deem offensive because they would be afraid of alienating customers.

These ads showed what was acceptable to view blacks, asians, hispanics, and native americans as at one time in america.

Any company that did something like these ads today would be run out of business.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Holy shi..!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Slavery ended in america with the passage of the 13th amendment enacted on December 6, 1865

I believe all of these ads were after slavery was illegal.
    I think your trolling, but just because it should be said:

These ads showed how deeply ingrained racism used to be in America. Ads are a good representative of what society deems as appropriate. Marketing departs are eager to portray their products as mainstream and to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and/or the largest amount of consumer dollars possible (for high end products). Most companies would shy away from associating with something they believe society would deem offensive because they would be afraid of alienating customers.

These ads showed what was acceptable to view blacks, asians, hispanics, and native americans as at one time in america.

Any company that did something like these ads today would be run out of business.
    Yes, some of those ads were very racist but a majority of them are just stereotyping a race.

There's a difference between hating a race and stereotyping them.

If I had to say, the majority of them were just stereotypes.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

You don't need to go old school. Here's the modern day aunt jemima still active in 2013!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2et-dCn1x0

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    You don't need to go old school. Here's the modern day aunt jemima still active in 2013!

Basically this. This is 2013 and there are so many ads today that can be interpreted as racist or stereotyping.

It's just back in the days, they were more blunt about it.

How about all those Old Spice commercials, does it mean black people smell? Does it mean black people don't know how to ride horses?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust

Thats not nearly as bad as any of those old school ads. Come on man you are underselling how bad those old ads are by comparing them to this one.

"Dis sho' am good"

"I'se sure got a good job now"

I mean come on balance of reason.

F*ck you whitey.