Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Why/how is this a 'weak' era?

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Wade is not top 50.
    Lay down the crack pipie, old timer.

Decent college freshman

Go on, list the players from this era who will be included in the top 50 all time.

I'll start:

LeBron
    Kobe
    Duncan

*** I'm drawing blanks already. Can't include Shaq since his career started in like 1992.

Dirk? Nah. Close but not Top 50

No Durant either since we don't know if he'll have a major injury which will stop his career.

Wade is not top 50.

I really want to know who the players from the current era will be included in the Top 50 when they change it in the next 50th anniversary.
    Well sure if you cancel out all the players who are legitimately top 50 and then ask me to name more, that makes it tough lol.

Dirk,Durant and Wade are easy ones. You never know with Durant or other younger players, but I'm not sure what you'd like me to do there. Of course I can't prove what will happen in the future.

Most likely the following will be included

Lebron,Wade,Paul,Dirk,Durant,Kobe,Duncan and Garnett are the easy ones. Guys like Pierce,Manu,Nash,Gasol,Parker and others are worth consideration and I consider guys like Kidd and Shaq part of this era. I'm really talking about post 2000 when I talk about this era.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Golden age of pgs?

You mean shot jackers that can't even feed the post or run pick and rolls right?

Explosivness and quickness "deemed incomprehensible" in previous decades? are you f*ckin serious?

More like the rules allow them to explode.

Give other pgs from the past the same rules and they'll appear as explosive.
    I'd like to be the one who shows you your first NBA game if you wouldn't mind giving me the honor.

Go on, list the players from this era who will be included in the top 50 all time.

I'll start:

LeBron
    Kobe
    Duncan

*** I'm drawing blanks already. Can't include Shaq since his career started in like 1992.

Dirk? Maybe.

No Durant either since we don't know if he'll have a major injury which will stop his career.

Wade is not top 50.

I really want to know who the players from the current era will be included in the Top 50 when they change it in the next 50th anniversary.

So Pippen, who is no where near as good as Wade, is somehow included in the top 50 of all time, but Wade isn't?
    Wade is top 25 on most peoples list already.

Dirk, easily.
    Durant is included, since he will most definitely make it. Chris Paul, as well as probably Rose. Plenty of players.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I thought handchecking wasn't allowed in this era?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg

How come every time Lebron gets into the paint in this video, there are hands all over him and no calls? Look at Rondo at 2:32ish...

Old, "back in my day" fans are the worst thing on this board. You're worse than the Lebron/Kobe/Durant fans.

You think that's handchecking?

That is the definition of handchecking.

Let me guess, it was prison ball back in the day. No blood, no foul.

Fact is, in Jordan's day, the rule had changed that the hand was only allowed to be on the body, like what you see in the video. It wasn't allowed to impede progress to the basket. But, let me guess, it was much tougher handchecking back in Jordan's day?

You're one of the biggest idiots on here, so I don't expect a decent answer from you. I expect another vague comment with no substance and no informational value.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

I'll start:

LeBron
    Kobe
    Duncan

Dirk? Maybe.

Wade is not top 50.

Wade absolutely is top 50. So are Dirk and KG. If I ever did a list this big, I'd have all three in at least my top 30. Durant's probably already borderline top 50.

MANY if not ALL superstars' games from the 80's and 90's would translate today... but the league as a whole? Nah. Players and athletes today are simply better.

If there was ever a down point in talent, it would have to be in the late 90's. With expansion, there just wasn't a whole lot there.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

That is the definition of handchecking.

Let me guess, it was prison ball back in the day. No blood, no foul.

Fact is, in Jordan's day, the rule had changed that the hand was only allowed to be on the body, like what you see in the video. It wasn't allowed to impede progress to the basket. But, let me guess, it was much tougher handchecking back in Jordan's day?

You're one of the biggest idiots on here, so I don't expect a decent answer from you. I expect another vague comment with no substance and no informational value.
    http://youtu.be/adusCcba89o?t=10m33s

Go finish sucking some d*ck.

Old, "back in my day" fans are the worst thing on this board. You're worse than the Lebron/Kobe/Durant fans.
    Are you seriously putting Durant fans in the same class as Kobe and LeBron fans?

It's a weak era in terms of superstars/top 5 players IMO. People were seriously considering Tony Parker or Melo as top 5 players at one point. Compare that to 1990 where Isiah Thomas wasn't even making all NBA 3rd teams. The spots where people were ranking Melo or Parker in 2013 MVP voting were the same spots people were ranking Ewing and Robinson in 1990 MVP voting. SMH.

http://youtu.be/adusCcba89o?t=10m33s

Just finished sucking some d*ck.
    Hmmm, so you can't show me what real handchecking looks like.

You just point to a random quote, completely unrelated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    It's a weak era in terms of superstars/top 5 players IMO. People were seriously considering Tony Parker or Melo as top 5 players at one point. Compare that to 1990 where Isiah Thomas wasn't even making all NBA 3rd teams. The spots where people were ranking Melo or Parker in 2013 MVP voting were the same spots people were ranking Ewing and Robinson in 1990 MVP voting. SMH.
    Pretty much this. The only players that wold be top 5 in almost any given year in the past are LeBron and Durant. But after that you've got some players that should be top 10 or top 15 in the league that are considered top 5 or top 10.

There might be mmore quality depth in the top 25-50 players or whatever, but I feel like the top end/superstar talent is severely lacking right now.

blatant flopping, lack of interior offense, 3pt jacking, sissy foul calls, forget weak era - i think the league has taken a big dip as a whole.