Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: Will we ever see another Wilt?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Shaq wasn't as dominant as Wilt though.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Something funny?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Something funny?

GOAT Wilt Stan

Home of the 16

The way I see Wilt is that he was just steps ahead of everybody in his Era. With the way how Athletic everyone is now, I really doubt he'll average the same numbers as he did back then. PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO LET GO. Face it, the game has evolved & there's a reason for it.

Shaq Or Hakeem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    maybe if you can imagine a muscular 8ft tall and coordinated fantasy player, he'll average 50+/ game.

keyword: fantasy
    Sadly this is the truth. No your question, OP.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Wilt sure didn't win a lot for playing in the weakest era in NBA history. I don't even think rings are all that. But how do you let your biggest competitor beat you in championships 11-2? Russell really seemed to own his soul. And Russell in this era wouldn't even be good enough to play in the NBA. I think its safe to say Wilt just wasn't much of a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Yeah, McGee.

Keep in mind the reasons why Wilt was so dominant in his era:

* More athletic than everybody else (league back then was full of non-athletic white guys)
    * Taller than everybody else (there were like only 2 or 3 7-footers back in the day)

McGee fits the bill. He can replicate what Wilt did if you put him in the 60s and 70s playing against 6-9 white guys who can barely jump 2 inches.

On the other hand, put Wilt in this era. AT BEST he's a 20-10 guy solely because of the lack of quality centers in today's game. Put him in the 90s era (Olajuwon, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, etc.) and he's a 15-8 guy.

Wilt's dominance is largely based on the fact that he was so athletically and physically more gifted than his opponents.
    pretty much this..

no ones ever gona score 100 points in a game or avg 40 points a season

just not possible with how the league has developed into

this is a dumb topic..

Yeah, McGee.

* More athletic than everybody else (league back then was full of non-athletic white guys)
    * Taller than everybody else (there were like only 2 or 3 7-footers back in the day)

McGee fits the bill. He can replicate what Wilt did if you put him in the 60s and 70s playing against 6-9 white guys who can barely jump 2 inches.

On the other hand, put Wilt in this era. AT BEST he's a 20-10 guy solely because of the lack of quality centers in today's game. Put him in the 90s era (Olajuwon, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, etc.) and he's a 15-8 guy.

Wilt's dominance is largely based on the fact that he was so athletically and physically more gifted than his opponents.
    That's why I love seeing Jlauber's walls of text posted time and time again and basically destroying threads. Because garbage like this never ceases.
    15/8 in the 90's he says. Danny Schayes was exactly what you were bashing earlier (a white guy who could jump 2 inches) and he averaged close to 10/7 in less than a half and close to 11/7 in 27 mins in the "holy 90's". Kevin Duckworth averaged 18/8 in 34 mins playing against many of the same centers.
    I can only imagine Wilt's coach in the 90's saying to him "watch out, Wilt, Danny Schayes is coming for your soul tonight! Wilt would probably give him 50+ if this was a real scenario (and 60+ if they played in the 60's and Wilt didn't rest).

Why laugh, the adjective is "dominant", not "dominate". I'd expect people to have learned this.

The way I see Wilt is that he was just steps ahead of everybody in his Era. With the way how Athletic everyone is now, I really doubt he'll average the same numbers as he did back then. PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO LET GO. Face it, the game has evolved & there's a reason for it.

Shaq Or Hakeem.
    Right, EVERY center in the league today is equipped with a gifted basketball mind, a hyper competitive drive, stands 7-1 w/o shoes, is equipped with a 7-8 wingspan, and has conditioned themselves with track and field athleticism and bodybuilder strength. Wilt had those tools and it made him only good for his time. Silly me

Wilt would be 6-7 Joel Anthony today, he'd actually shrink and get dumber and less athletic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E51h4JsOa0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5VfVMo1r0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvdsi6gLl8

Yeah, McGee.

I can see what you're getting at, but I am talking about a modern or future player doing it in their own era.

I will say that there will be one player that will do it in the next 30 years..

For hypothetical sake, Mcgee would find a way to fck it up if he ever got close, like he would get to 49 and 30, then brick an open dunk in the last minute

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    pretty much this..

this is a dumb topic..
    Yeah, because it stands to reason that the notch below "Wilt's dominance" is "15/8 guy", like he wrote...

LMAO whats so special about Wilt barely a top 10 player all time.
    Better question is will we see another Lebron James?
    Even if Wilt was only a top-10 player of all-time (he's obviously better), you're seriously asking what's special with a top-10 player of all-time?
    Yeah, what's so special with a player greater than 99.5%+ of all players in NBA history...?

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    pretty much this..

this is a dumb topic..

I'm fine if you don't like the topic, but I tried to create one that was kind of original.

I just think we have had enough of Jordan vs Lebron vs Kobe threads for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Haks
    LMAO whats so special about Wilt barely a top 10 player all time.
    Better question is will we see another Lebron James?
    What has Lebron done that Wilt didn't do? Or Magic or Oscar or Bird. On the other hand, there's lots of things Lebron hasn't done that Wilt has.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    nd Russell in this era wouldn't even be good enough to play in the NBA.
    That's horseshit. Are you telling me Russell wouldn't be a great defender, rebounder, and competitor in this era? Based on what? That he was 6'10"? That he was athletic like Wilt was? That he won at every level?