Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: MJ better mid range shooter then Prime Kobe and LJ

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yeah, I guess it had nothing to do with the two extra feet.

I'm confident to assume that Jordan's numbers pre the line being shortened are similar to that 98 numbers, rather than closer to the 97 one. In fact, I'd wager Jordan wouldn't have had more than 3 better shooting seasons outside that 98 one. Would be interesting if someone could find the numbers.
    I agree with this, I made the same point a couple of pages ago.

Play-by-play data only exists going back to the 96-97 season, so there's no way of checking. Since all of his playoff games are available, somebody could track his shooting game-by-game, but that's a tremendous project.

I do think he's in the conversation for GOAT midrange j due to his volume and likely consistency, but unless somebody rewatches all of his playoff games and reproduces the data, there's no way to tell.

MJ's a better, more consistent shooter than both Kobe and LeBron. Better scorer, too. We're talking without his garbage old man Wizards years ... he's a 32 ppg scorer, that's 5 - 7 more ppg than Kobe (if you want to remove his first two seasons) ... that's MAJOR difference for elite volume all-time scorers.

MJ has LeBron beat by 5 ppg for his career as well, and then LeBron's ppg is dipping steadily in Miami. So by the time he retires, MJ will have a significant advantage.

Kobe has more consistent range on his long ball than Jordan, but is also hero ball worshipping stupid enough to take as many as he does. When they miss he looks like a better version of Jamal Crawford, when he hits he gets his LA stans fooled into thinking he's GOAT.

LeBron can hit the wide open 3 since 2009 when the defense is absolutely begging him to take it. But he's inferior to both MJ and Kobe as a shooter, and scorer. Clearly.

Prime Kobe: 44%
    Prime Lebron: 43%

Old, fat, 40 year old, injured, Wizards MJ: 43%

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Prime Kobe: 44%
    Prime Lebron: 43%

Old, fat, 40 year old, injured, Wizards MJ: 43%

You forgot one knee in there as well, bro.