Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: Explain to me why Rose didn't deserve the 2011 MVP

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    It's hilarious when people use team stats to prop up one player. ****ing idiots.
    Not just propping up, but people have used it to put down other players too.

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypCG...e_gdata_player

D Rose was nasty. Will he ever be this good again?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    you are either really dumb, or you are trolling. you asked for one reason and i gave you 2. now you dont like it?
    That's not a reason though. Being more clutch than LeBron doesn't make you the MVP of the league. Especially when multiple players can make the exact same claim.

If "clutch" is your only criteria for MVP, why would you even give it to Rose of all people? Just because he's more clutch than LeBron? So what? So are other players. Some of the other players were more clutch tha Rose too. Why not just give it to the player who the the most clutch?

Got news for you, it's not even true that rose was more clutch than LeBron. Lets just assume it is though, even though LeBron shot more than 3% better than rose did in clutch situations. Lets pretend rose was more clutch than LeBron.

Kobe had the exact same FG% as Rose in the clutch, but he also scored 2 more points per 48 in the clutch. If being clutch is your only criteria, why the fcuk should rose be ahead of Kobe in the MVP race?

Banned

2011 should have been the first time in NBA History they gave a MVP award to a whole Team. Bulls Team did more than just Rose. Rose just shot jacked to look like a leader. Can't even beat the true MVP, LeBron.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus
    2011 should have been the first time in NBA History they gave a MVP award to a whole Team. Bulls Team did more than just Rose. Rose just shot jacked to look like a leader. Can't even beat the true MVP, LeBron.
    You're a disgrace to all Brits

a) That was the year the media was making LeBron pay for 'taking his talents to South Beach'

b) He has won the previous two years and the media was tired of giving it to the same guy every year (see: Jordan)

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    That's not a reason though. Being more clutch than LeBron doesn't make you the MVP of the league. Especially when multiple players can make the exact same claim.

If "clutch" is your only criteria for MVP, why would you even give it to Rose of all people? Just because he's more clutch than LeBron? So what? So are other players. Some of the other players were more clutch tha Rose too. Why not just give it to the player who the the most clutch?

Got news for you, it's not even true that rose was more clutch than LeBron. Lets just assume it is though, even though LeBron shot more than 3% better than rose did in clutch situations. Lets pretend rose was more clutch than LeBron.

Kobe had the exact same FG% as Rose in the clutch, but he also scored 2 more points per 48 in the clutch. If being clutch is your only criteria, why the fcuk should rose be ahead of Kobe in the MVP race?
    didnt read. anybody that thinks jennings = rose is either really dumb or trolling. actually i will read.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 08-17-2013 at 08:22 PM.

so youre asking me for 1 reason why he deserved the mvp and expect 1 criteria to satisfy that? do you see how dumb you are, there is not 1 criteria in basketball that determines an mvp but thats your whole argument?
    again idiot, i never said being clutch was the one determining factor, thats the one point i made when you asked me to give you one point.
    check the win percentage between rose and lebron in clutch games.
    but but but lebron is efficient but doesnt have a winning record in clutch games. but but but winning games doesnt matter. check derrick roses assist vs lebrons in clutch. even check derrick roses rebounds in the clutch vs lebrons HAHAHAHA
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 08-17-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    a) That was the year the media was making LeBron pay for 'taking his talents to South Beach'

b) He has won the previous two years and the media was tired of giving it to the same guy every year (see: Jordan)
    Who cares Rose won it Lebron cant win it year year just like jordan couldnt win it year year

College superstar

actually, there were only like 3 more games after that and i think it was 2-1 so it would have been 7-13. which is still ridiculous compared to 14-7 with rose. so "indeed", rose makes the bulls a contender and without rose they are not winning anything.
    Regular season games are regular season games and only in the playoffs do elite matchups matter. Period. If you want to cherry pick to that degree I can say with Rose the Bulls were complacent and actually had a worse record against lesser teams.

Without Rose this team still wins playoff series. Without Rose that season they were still +5.1 PTs / 48 min. That would drop them into a virtual tie with Boston for the 2 seed in the East. Without D12 Orlando was -5.4 PTs / 48 which pushes them to #25 in the NBA. In fact without him on the floor Orl gave up 52% FG. And without LeBron Miami was -.1 PTs / 48. Which means they Would have dropped to ~8 seed.

And these are NOT small sample sizes. Each of them has about a 30 game college seasons worth of data.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

why would i debate your statement? i guess lebron doesnt deserve credit for miami heat winning games. theory debunked.

you clearly hate it though since you are a kyrie fan, and he cant lead his team to victory for shit.
    Where did I say I'm not giving him credit? I already told you I think rose was number two that year by barely anything he played great. I just think Dwight was better but the two of them were way ahead of the rest

5-time NBA All-Star

Somethings are results oriented. You play to win the game. If you think Kobe or Lebron were as productive in clutch situations that year you have totally lost it. And then when it came to elite teams the separation got a whole lot bigger. Against the better teams would you say Lebron was a difference maker that year? They lost frequently. Was there not confusion as to who was the leader that year when better teams came at Miami? Not a knock on Lebron but it was still Wade's team and they got in each others way a bit too much.

What player had other coaches talking about their leadership? What star player had more responsibility than Rose? Durant might be the league's greatest scorer ever. When Westbrook went out his game suffered tremendously. Rose played with that type of attention for 81 games. Thibes spent 2 hours of practice on defense and shooting and a half hour on offense. Rose had to improvise a lot of the time. Rarely was there a big game from another offensive player, yet Rose was 3 ppg away from Durant for the scoring lead. Rose was the only scorer getting a lot of assist when he didn't really have finishers or consistent shooters. Lebron had one of the games best scorers helping him out for 70 plus games. Rose didn't know who was going to help him out from night to night.

Just too big a difference when a defense just keys in on one player vs having another unstoppable scorer on your team. Kobe, Wade, Lebron and DH have consistent, skilled scoring threats on their team while the Bulls didn't know who was going to be the secondary threat.

5-time NBA All-Star

So to answer your question about other reasons Rose should have won MVP... Rose because of

A.His timely play against elite teams discrepancy versus DH and Lebron was considerable.

B. His domination of the elite at his position despite the position being abundant with quality players.

C. Leadership which has proven to tax all the elite players (only Durant and Rose can be excluded) in new situations these last three years (Lebron, Wade, Kobe, DH, Nash, Mello, Dirk, Paul, DWill). Not only other greats talking about it but other active coaches as well talking about Rose's leadership that year.

D. The responsibility Rose had offensively was just way more than any other candidate. And he was practically just as productive as the best.

E. As Sdac pointed out - Scored a solid 25% of his teams total regular season points and dished 34% of his teams total assists. More value, more pressure, more responsibility, more expected offensively from him than any of the other candidates. Amazingly he had more wins.

F. His effort and hard play every game just could not be said of other contenders. Lebron, not so much but he definitely went into fogs for a good number of games (was he the leader, was he the villian, didn't know when to step up, he lost his identity several times there). DH had suspensions and just not productive games after March 1st when he was really needed.

G. His team having more obstacles than the contenders. Or simply put, no excuses, we win attitude.

H. Team had one of the best perimeter defenses.

This is off the top of my head. But I will add to it and post it every time this nonsense comes up.