Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: is Anthony Bennett the worst use of a #1 overall pick ever?

Anthony Bennet is a worse pick than Olowokandi or Kwame. Kwame was the same as Dwight. High school center phenom with unlimted potential. One worked, one didn't. Captain Hindsight shit over here. People forget this, but Howard wasn't even projected to go number one. Okafor was. Olowokandi good size, clippers weren't the only team that would pick him first overall. I'm positive Cleveland is the only team that was going to take Anthony Bennet first overall. The least they could have done was trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    He can play the 3.

1-true position is the domain of internet retards, and doesn't mean much in the way basketball is played today.
    2-He becomes very valuable in small ball.
    3-how many GREAT 3s are in the NBA today? We act like the league is rotten with them, when in reality there are only a few, but because the two best players in the league are 3s we automatically assume it is loaded. and those two best (LeBron and KD) have less than ideal body types for the position.
    4-Bennett is long and a good athlete, he can adjust.
    5-he basically played a lot of what a 3 does in college.

This kid could be a Charles Barkley type player and while Barkley is considered a 4 he was mostly a 3 in Philly and those were his best years.

This fat boy at the 3 guarding guys like LeBron, Carmelo, and Durant?

Dont make me laugh. This guy is a 4. His handle is weak, he doesn't have NBA three point range, he is too heavy and slow to guard opposing 3s. This guy is a 4.

Charles Barkley a 3?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Whats so good about the Irving pick? Congratulations the Cavs drafted an offensive savy scoring 6 foot guard who plays no defense that will demand 15M of their cap.

To be fair that draft was pure garbage. If I was the Cavs I would have traded Irving to a team that overvalues little scoring guards that sell jerseys. He will not be taking that team anywhere unless there is a near allstar at every position.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Draymond Green did who is not 1/2 the athlete and similar size if not smaller....Jared Dudley is also smaller and less athletic and has shown he can defend good SF's at a decent rate so I'm not sure what all this he has no chance to defend SF's is.... There was also Adrian Griffin a little while back who was 6'5 and chubby/slow and played excellent defense for the Mavericks and Bulls and didn't have 1/2 the tools Bennett has to defend @SF.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 08-05-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Funny thing is OP will be cheering for Cavs and Bennett in a years time if LeBron takes his talents back to Cleveland.

Now that i think about it Bennett would be a good fit next to LeBron. He can stretch the floor on offense opening things up for him and Lebron would make up for any rebounding lost by playing Bennett at the 4.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

He'll have a better career than Greg Oden and Michael Olawakandi, but worse then Andrea Bargnani.

NBA Superstar

Anthony Bennet is a worse pick than Olowokandi or Kwame. Kwame was the same as Dwight. High school center phenom with unlimted potential. One worked, one didn't. Captain Hindsight shit over here. People forget this, but Howard wasn't even projected to go number one. Okafor was. Olowokandi good size, clippers weren't the only team that would pick him first overall. I'm positive Cleveland is the only team that was going to take Anthony Bennet first overall. The least they could have done was trade down.

Dont make me laugh. This guy is a 4. His handle is weak, he doesn't have NBA three point range, he is too heavy and slow to guard opposing 3s. This guy is a 4.

Charles Barkley a 3?

Whats so good about the Irving pick? Congratulations the Cavs drafted an offensive savy scoring 6 foot guard who plays no defense that will demand 15M of their cap.

To be fair that draft was pure garbage. If I was the Cavs I would have traded Irving to a team that overvalues little scoring guards that sell jerseys. He will not be taking that team anywhere unless there is a near allstar at every position.
    Worse pick than Kwame or Kandi? You my friend are a moron.

So you reiterate my point that the top few SFs are good? Who actually shuts down LBJ and KD anyways?

What is so good about the Irving pick? lemme guess, you wanted Derrick Williams?

Charles Barkley started alongside PFs like Armon Gilliam and Rick Mahorn while in Philly. Do your homework little boy (PS. Mike Gminski and Charles Shackleford were those teams starting 5 man).

Here is an idea, stick to trolling Kobe fans and jerking off to LeBron highlights, that is your value, strength and sole purpose in life.

This is Bennett:

6'8" 240
    7'1" wingspan
    39" vertical (not bad for a 'fatboy')

16/8 as a Freshman while playing half the season injured.
    54/38/71 shooting splits

so basically he has the body, athleticism and in-game pedigree.

add to that a high character, good work ethic, team first player and a natural leader and you have yourself a nice little player.

Irving
    Waiters
    Bennett
    Thompson
    Varajao

This starting five does DAMAGE.

Add Jarrett Jack as 6 man...

Bring on Andrew Bynum and work him in (leaving the door open to package Varajao for more impact).

Cavs made the right choice on Irving (despite the cries for Williams and Kanter), and they made the right choice on Bennett, a future star.

Book it.

Tony Montana = Homosexual troll who knows nothing about basketball (except being an LBJ fanboy) and who loves having long meaty shafts reach the back of his throat.

Banned

^^^^
    Bennet is 6'7 in shoes and his vert was not measured at the combine. 39 could be right but it's not official

Banned

So you reiterate my point that the top few SFs are good? Who actually shuts down LBJ and KD anyways?

What is so good about the Irving pick? lemme guess, you wanted Derrick Williams?

Charles Barkley started alongside PFs like Armon Gilliam and Rick Mahorn while in Philly. Do your homework little boy (PS. Mike Gminski and Charles Shackleford were those teams starting 5 man).

Here is an idea, stick to trolling Kobe fans and jerking off to LeBron highlights, that is your value, strength and sole purpose in life.

This is Bennett:

6'8" 240
    7'1" wingspan

54/38/71 shooting splits

add to that a high character, good work ethic, team first player and a natural leader and you have yourself a nice little player.

Irving
    Waiters
    Bennett
    Thompson
    Varajao

Bring on Andrew Bynum and work him in (leaving the door open to package Varajao for more impact).

Cavs made the right choice on Irving (despite the cries for Williams and Kanter), and they made the right choice on Bennett, a future star.

Book it.

Tony Montana = Homosexual troll who knows nothing about basketball (except being an LBJ fanboy) and who loves having long meaty shafts reach the back of his throat.
    PENlS comments because you cannot argue the content? Thats cool if your into that man. Jason Collins came out the other month.

At the time Kandi/Kwame seemed like alright picks. Noone knew. This pick is disaster from the start. Thats why its a worse pick.

Your starting 5 looks like a late lottery pick or a first round sweep. Waiters and Thompson are just two of the high lottery picks Cleveland has wasted in recent years. They are both awful and noone wants them on their team.

Irving does a good job at scoring, but 6 foot guards that dominate the ball and make no defensive impact are overrated. If I want a ball dominant player I will choose Mr. LeBron James 6'8 270 and is an elite rebounder defender AND playmaker. Was Irving even capable of 6 APG despite having a usage rate that high? Have fun building around him and having the majority of your cap space go to that shit.

Clevelands rebuilding has failed. They are now past the point of having top 5 picks and dont have a true franchise cornerstone to show for it. They have wasted the majority of their high picks, and now they are forced to bank on LeBron returning in 2014 for their team to be relevant.

Whats the plan for Cleveland when LeBron stays in Miami? You think Rudy Gay or Luol Deng is going to make your Irving-Waiters-Thompson-Bennet core a contender? Good luck

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease luckylucy's Avatar

TonyMontana schooling them

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I hope he does well, but he was a throw away pick at #1. The Cavs were trying to prove a point. Lots of pressure on the kid.

Seems to me like he'll be a better, less selfish version of Corey Maggette to me. I'd say that's worth a first pick depending on the draft.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    I hope he does well, but he was a throw away pick at #1. The Cavs were trying to prove a point. Lots of pressure on the kid.
    Say what?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Charles Barkley a 3?

Let me preface this by saying i have always maintaned that i want to see AB at the four. I don't think he can play the 3, and i don't think he should. With that said, How many guys in the league can successfully guard Lebron, KD, and Melo?

I mean it doesn't take a genius analayst to come out and say a rookie PF can't guard the top 3 SFs in the league

AB is going to be good in this league. There aren't too many prospects with his size, bounce, rebounding ability and natural offensive talent. He can truly score in a variety of ways.

This dude took years off of playing as a teen and still wound up as a lottery pick. He'll be fine. Will he be the best player in the draft? I have no idea.

This is Bennett:

6'8" 240
    7'1" wingspan

54/38/71 shooting splits

Irving
    Waiters
    Bennett
    Thompson
    Varajao

Book it.

Great post

Montana was squirming every word he read of that

Montana don't fck with the Cavs fans, that's what you should take from this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He's definitely up there. He had no real business being the #1 pick. If Noel didn't bust up his knee, he surely would have been #1.

Decent college freshman

Bennett and Waiters will be the fattest 2/3 combo in the L.
    Last edited by B-Easy8; 08-05-2013 at 09:10 AM.