Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dez Bryant: LeBron would be 'beast' in NFL

No free throws in the NFL, though

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    A dude like John Lynch would make LeBron spit out his own teeth.
    Good thing John Lynch is retired and the NFL is slowly turning into a two hand touch league. They're eliminating big hits from the NFL, where have you been?

LeBron would be like Jimmy Graham on crack.. Jimmy Graham had 99 receptions, 1310 yards and 11 TDs in 2011. I think it's safe to say LeBron could have a 110 receptions, 1500 yards 15 TDs type season if he played with a good QB.

But LeBron made the right decision in playing basketball, it's where the money was and the potential to be a goat.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Trucking people at 6'8..? So much leg room to easily tackle him. I mean unless he's hurdling everyone then that would be a problem lol
    LeBron is 6'7 without shoes, Jimmy Graham TE for the Saints is 6'7, Rob Gronkowski is 6'6 and they truck people just fine.

Current Lebron would have to play WR though, no way this dude could block DE/LB's. He would need to put on around 15 pounds of muscle before he could play TE.

I think he's to big and tall to run crisp enough nfl routes to be as good as megatron. He wouldn't be able to get great separation from a corner but I mean he'd still be successful because he could be more of a receiver that uses his body to get open like a Fitzgerald. But I think he'd be way more suited to be a pass rusher, and his talents wouldn't be "wasted" cause that's a more important position.
    James tends to struggle in the half court when matched up against a bigger body. People want him to shoot but he always wants to drive so the bigger bodies give him lots of space. This is just in basketball though. I have no idea how it would translate for him in football as a pass rusher because all he has to do is rush the QB with a big ass OL in the way, instead of in basketball where he is always seemingly torn to shoot or drive when mis matched.

LBJ has played reciever before so i think his talent is best utilized in something he has previous experience and thus can build off it. plus he would be free running most of the time against really small CBs or secondary defenders giving him a lot of advantage.

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Reciever? Yeah right lol

I'm putting that monster at defensive end
    Lol he would get abused bad playing d end. Put him at receiver where he could use his speed and leaping ability

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    You are obviously now biased against Lebron as much as you were biased to him before.

Lebron would be an all pro WR/TE in the NFL after a year getting used to the game. He is just that talented and physically talented. People saying he would get popped and cry...guy is 6"8 260 and this is while training for basketball. More than likely he is gonna be running over people like the freak of nature that he is...

You've never seen him play football. I have.

He made the right decision with basketball. Maurice Clarett was 10x the player James was at the same grade level. That's just a fact and anyone who saw both guys wouldn't argue with it.

You are imagining what James would be on a football field. I saw it.

And, I said the same things back when this topic came up while he was in Cleveland (and it did... often). He wasn't cut out for football the way he was for basketball. He was still very good for a high school player, but nothing like you're envisioning.

Kobelicious

carry/travelling is legal in football so yes

Decent college freshman

Today right now I could only see him playing WR. I don't think he's strong enough to block in order to play TE, and he's no where near strong enough to play DE. He's obviously not weak but he's not "NFL strong" without training for it.

If he had been playing football all his life and training for it, with his genetics he could be a beast at DE or TE.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

You've never seen him play football. I have.

He made the right decision with basketball. Maurice Clarett was 10x the player James was at the same grade level. That's just a fact and anyone who saw both guys wouldn't argue with it.

You are imagining what James would be on a football field. I saw it.

And, I said the same things back when this topic came up while he was in Cleveland (and it did... often). He wasn't cut out for football the way he was for basketball. He was still very good for a high school player, but nothing like you're envisioning.
    Why would I care how good 15 year old Lebron was at playing football compared to another highly touted guy tho. Lebron turned out to be one of the biggest physical freaks in the history of man kind. As long as he could end up being fundamentally sound he is an all pro WR. He is too big, too strong and fast(in some combination for 99 % of the players in the NFL, and I'm being generous by only saying 99%).

Is Diaw giving him a ten yard cushion off the line?

We are talking about the same guy who complained when Kirk Heinrich tackled him, right?

But seriously, jumping from one professional sport to another is no easy task. You think the NFL hasn't seen it's share of physical freaks who couldn't make it? Lebron hasn't been playing football while pursuing his basketball career, and now he's just going to be great because he's physically gifted? Please. The NFL is a different animal than basketball.

Consider that Brock Lesner tried out for the Vikings and couldn't make it.

Why would I care how good 15 year old Lebron was at playing football compared to another highly touted guy tho. Lebron turned out to be one of the biggest physical freaks in the history of man kind. As long as he could end up being fundamentally sound he is an all pro WR. He is too big, too strong and fast(in some combination for 99 % of the players in the NFL, and I'm being generous by only saying 99%).
    Please explain why he wouldn't be an all pro wide out. Are teams going to be able to single cover this 6"8 freak of nature with hands, agility, speed and insane jumping ability? He is just too big and too talented.

Edit: opps meant to add on to the other post.

He's not faster than the secondary guys. And he's not faster than all the LBs. Plus, we're talking football speed in full gear, not court speed. We're talking being able to run routes with precise timing. We're talking being able to take hits. Is Lebron used to being hit? Really hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Is Diaw giving him a ten yard cushion off the line?

We are talking about the same guy who complained when Kirk Heinrich tackled him, right?

But seriously, jumping from one professional sport to another is no easy task. You think the NFL hasn't seen it's share of physical freaks who couldn't make it? Lebron hasn't been playing football while pursuing his basketball career, and now he's just going to be great because he's physically gifted? Please. The NFL is a different animal than basketball.

Consider that Brock Lesner tried out for the Vikings and couldn't make it.
    You can't really look at precedent when talking about Lebron James because there isn't another person like him on this earth.

Maybe we should put Usain Bolt on the other side of the field. What a duo at WR. They can't run routes for shit, but man do they tear up defenses.

You can't really look at precedent when talking about Lebron James because there isn't another person like him on this earth.
    There's no other person like him out of the seven billion? Okay.