Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    What? No Kareem in your top 5? And how is Duncan's resume better than Magic's?
    Don't argue with him. He's a moron.

Default Re: MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    MJ's peak from spring of 1989 - fall of 1993 is the BEST peak of all-time. No questions asked. Everyone else comes in 2nd place. Including Shaq, Bird, Magic, LeBron, Kobe, Wilt, Kareem, West ... you name it, and MJ was better.
    Pretty much this though Shaq had the second most dominant peak I've ever seen.

Im shocked that I agree with you. Now I dont really agree on the five players or the order they are listed but overall, good post.

r u trying to start a quality thread, or just troll jordan?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I might take peak Shaq over peak MJ. And that'd be about it.

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Kareem had some prime years where he didn't even make the playoffs. That moves him down.

Duncans took an organization that never won shit and has them winning 50+ games every year for over 15 years. Had David Robinson to start his career, but even after he declined SAS didn't miss a beat. Even at age 37 he is the the third best player in the NBA.

Magic forced his way to LA because he wanted to play on LA with Kareem and on a stacked team. If Chicago drafted him he threatened not to come out. That moves him down compared to guys like Bird/Duncan(Bird turning a 20something win team into a 61 win juggernaut).

If Magic played today he'd probably play SF and be similar to LeBron. Similar players except I see LeBron as faster, stronger, more athletic, better scorer, much better defensive player, just a superior version of Magic. Maybe the vision isn't as good as Magics, but you got to think if LeBron had the Showtime Lakers he would play more like that rather than being forced to score 30+ for his teams to win. You gotta look at LeBron almost losing to 37 year old Tim Duncans team. If Tim Duncan is in his prime and playing elite 40 minutes the Spurs win easily. That puts him above both Magic and LeBron.

Part of the reason the Spurs turn nobodies into contributors is because of the system built around Duncan. Him and Dirk are the most underrated players ever.
    How did magic force his way to LA?

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

" if magic played today he would be a SF " lol wtf

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm 99.99999% sure Griff made this thread as a joke because he's constantly bitching about people saying _______ had a better peak than Kobe, saying how stupid and little sense it makes to use that in an argument.

If he's being serious, though, then he turned a complete 180 in just a few hours, because he was just bitching a few hours ago about posters saying Hakeem had a better peak than Kobe in the Kobe and Hakeem thread.