Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Default Re: MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    why not

all jordan has over lebron is success... that doesnt count

its about who's got more to offer

james and robertson did more all around for their teams. so it doesnt matter whos the better player

peak for peak

value for value

no rings allowed

no resumes allowed

just think with your brain moron

havent you seen the hakeem vs kobe thread.
    Success is all Jordan has over Lebron?

I assume you're trolling?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

I think he's been hacked. Kenneth never acts this rational, on top of that not so much as touching Kobe's nuts.

I'm 99.99999% sure Griff made this thread as a joke because he's constantly bitching about people saying _______ had a better peak than Kobe, saying how stupid and little sense it makes to use that in an argument.

If he's being serious, though, then he turned a complete 180 in just a few hours, because he was just bitching a few hours ago about posters saying Hakeem had a better peak than Kobe in the Kobe and Hakeem thread.

havent you ever heard of the hakeem formula though?

resumes dont matter

how would you know mj was better if you never saw what he did!

you're not allowed knowing damnit!!! pretend its just guys and you knew what they could do in their peak seasons n such... mhmmmmm

french fried putaters

I should have realized you had an agenda. I was actually able to tolerate your trolling for a while and it was funny at times, but now it's getting out of hand and you're just becoming annoying again.

Griff - I know you're kidding but Oscar aside (and I'm a huge huge fan of his), I agree with what you're saying. Resume means nothing to me, only impact (not just peak, but the degree to which you improve your team's chances of winning and for how many seasons you play at that top level). I don't know who my top five would be in a draft but it might very well be all bigs.

I'd recommend you go to the RealGM PC board and look at the stickied thread about a project ElGee is doing. Forces you to evaluate players systematically, and changes the way you think about greats.

This isn't even about slighting Kobe. If you think he gives you the best chance of winning everything else being equal, he's your guy. Same with Hakeem, etc.

Even trolling im a bit surprised to see you didn't list Kareem. Maybe it's because you're trolling that you didn't include him?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Griff - I know you're kidding but Oscar aside (and I'm a huge huge fan of his), I agree with what you're saying. Resume means nothing to me, only impact (not just peak, but the degree to which you improve your team's chances of winning and for how many seasons you play at that top level). I don't know who my top five would be in a draft but it might very well be all bigs.

I'd recommend you go to the RealGM PC board and look at the stickied thread about a project ElGee is doing. Forces you to evaluate players systematically, and changes the way you think about greats.

This isn't even about slighting Kobe. If you think he gives you the best chance of winning everything else being equal, he's your guy. Same with Hakeem, etc.

sometimes players sacrifice to win

sometimes players are clutch

sometimes players are chokers

sometimes players have no heart

sometimes players have more will to win

sometimes players are only good for a short period of time

sometimes players have a few fluke years based on the era, team, situation, refs

all i know is that resumes do count. theyre used to give a bit of hindsight to clarify who's better between 2 similar players

ofcourse this thread was bs. it was made to show just how much people on here will change their agenda, flip flop to put kobe down. while they themselves are mostly people who say jordan is the end all be all goat bar none. and they cant even stick to their own formula when it comes to jordan vs everyone else. then resumes all of a sudden do count.

people are just f*cking morons on here and i felt like pointing it out

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

sometimes players sacrifice to win

sometimes players are clutch

sometimes players are chokers

sometimes players have no heart

sometimes players have more will to win

sometimes players are only good for a short period of time

sometimes players have a few fluke years based on the era, team, situation, refs

all i know is that resumes do count. theyre used to give a bit of hindsight to clarify who's better between 2 similar players

ofcourse this thread was bs. it was made to show just how much people on here will change their agenda, flip flop to put kobe down. while they themselves are mostly people who say jordan is the end all be all goat bar none. and they cant even stick to their own formula when it comes to jordan vs everyone else. then resumes all of a sudden do count.

people are just f*cking morons on here and i felt like pointing it out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAmazing
    ya lebrons entire resume looks pretty good compared to half of kobes

Banned

Oscar Robertson blows...

You see his jumpshot form? Terrible. His stats are inflated because of the pace and possessions teams played in that era.

When you adjust his pace and possessions and compare it to the present counterpart(LeBron) you realize just how inferior he really is.

Oscar Robertson 1961-62:

18.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 6.9 apg in 100 poss. per game. & 40 mpg.

30.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 11.4 apg in his ~150 poss. per game. & 44.3 mpg.

LeBron James 2009-10::

33.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 9.6 apg in 100 poss. per game & 40 mpg

29.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 8.6 apg in his 91.4 poss. per game & 39.0 mpg.

As you can see in the set amount(100 possessions and 40 MPG) you see LeBron is WORLDS better than Oscar Robertson, a guy who could hardly dribble without staring at the floor.

The Real Top 5
    1. Shaq
    ---
    ---
    ---
    2. Duncan
    3. LeBron
    4. Bird
    5. Wilt

LeBron has quickly moved up the leaderboard. He is definite top 5 now with 2 titles with weak casts, two Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, and still only 28 years old. LeBron is perhaps the only player in NBA History you can put 4 scrubs with and be a contender. Still not as dominant as Prime Shaq, and he still needs a few more years to pass Timmy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Oscar Robertson blows...

You see his jumpshot form? Terrible. His stats are inflated because of the pace and possessions teams played in that era.

When you adjust his pace and possessions and compare it to the present counterpart(LeBron) you realize just how inferior he really is.

Oscar Robertson 1961-62:

As you can see in the set amount(100 possessions and 40 MPG) you see LeBron is WORLDS better than Oscar Robertson, a guy who could hardly dribble without staring at the floor.

The Real Top 5
    1. Shaq
    ---
    ---
    ---
    2. Duncan
    3. LeBron
    4. Bird
    5. Wilt

LeBron has quickly moved up the leaderboard. He is definite top 5 now with 2 titles with weak casts, two Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, and still only 28 years old. LeBron is perhaps the only player in NBA History you can put 4 scrubs with and be a contender. Still not as dominant as Prime Shaq, and he still needs a few more years to pass Timmy.

dude.. did you just make a peak vs peak no accomplishment ranking formula and list his accomplishments as part of your reasoning

idiot

Oscar Robertson blows...

Oscar Robertson 1961-62:

The Real Top 5
    1. Shaq
    ---
    ---
    ---
    2. Duncan
    3. LeBron
    4. Bird
    5. Wilt

Hook, line, and sinker.

Banned

dude.. did you just make a peak vs peak no accomplishment ranking formula and list his accomplishments as part of your reasoning

idiot
    pwned.

You messin' with rookies here. They not on your level.

Banned

idiot
    Reminding the uneducated of what LeBron has accomplished.

LeBron is winning every "youngest player to _____" award. He will have all of the longevity awards when his career is over to go along with his all-time GOAT peak play so it doesn't matter which way you slice it. Only player to win a title without a frontcourt(2 in a row). The King goes for his threepeat with no frontcourt.

Reminding the uneducated of what LeBron has accomplished.

LeBron is winning every "youngest player to _____" award. He will have all of the longevity awards when his career is over to go along with his all-time GOAT peak play so it doesn't matter which way you slice it. Only player to win a title without a frontcourt(2 in a row). The King goes for his threepeat with no frontcourt.
    Does Bosh not count as part of the Heat front court? I admit I wasn't able to watch EVERY Heat playoff game the last 2 playoff runs, but didn't Bosh win a series or two for Miami? No Bosh, no rings, correct?