Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

6 rings .... blah

all nba teams......meh

all defensive teams.... hah

i'l admit jordan has it all.. probably the most balanced all around resume. but would i draft him first?

heck no

and thats all that really matters... peak and dominance/value

ya jordan is great at defense. he might have gotten a few 1st team defenses gifted to him though. i have no evidence of this. but its my opinion and thats fact as far as i'm concerned

whats legitimate is that jordan cant anchor a defense

and if you asked me who is more valuable and can give a bigger impact in their peak seasons ( which is obviously the determination of whos the better player DEEEUUUR )

i'l go with

#1 shaquille O'neal ( i think its a given on ISH that we all can agree in his prime he was by far the most dominant ever. )

#2 Wilt Chamberlain ( the ultimate athlete.. most dominant ever before shaq came along )

#3 oscar robertson ( averaged a triple double. definitely more valuable than MJ )

#4 hakeem olajuwon ( anchored a defense. best defensive player in the nba. most offensively skilled big man ever. in his prime he was much more valuable to a team than MJ. gotta draft him over MJ. who cares if he accomplished less in his life than a half wit like Kobe from 2005-2013 )

#5 Lebron James ( now i know his career isnt over yet. but he has to be drafted ahead of MJ... i mean we all know team accomplishments dont matter. so the only thing MJ has over him is 1 mvp and a few ppg. while james can defend all 5 positions and play point guard while scoring pretty much the same )

heck i might even take elgin baylor over MJ.. maybe jordan could be pushed to 7th

Local High School Star

Default Re: MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

where is kobe?

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: MJ might have the best resume ever. but peak for peak. who'd i draft? hes 6th alltime

I can certainly understand taking a dominant big man over MJ, but Lebron or Robertson? Not to belittle their greatness, but no.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    I can certainly understand taking a dominant big man over MJ, but Lebron or Robertson? Not to belittle their greatness, but no.
    why not

all jordan has over lebron is success... that doesnt count

its about who's got more to offer

james and robertson did more all around for their teams. so it doesnt matter whos the better player

peak for peak

value for value

no rings allowed

no resumes allowed

just think with your brain moron

havent you seen the hakeem vs kobe thread.

OP has neither a d1ck nor a brain.

Mods, delete this thread. Ban this sorry excuse for a troll.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    OP has neither a d1ck nor a brain.

Mods, delete this thread. Ban this sorry excuse for a troll.

common man. guys like you were just using this method to diss kobe

why can't i use it against mj?

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Slide
    where is kobe?
    Hahaha yeah I was expecting to see Kobe at the first spot. I still wouldn't take LeBron or Oscar over MJ though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kobeef24
    Hahaha yeah I was expecting to see Kobe at the first spot. I still wouldn't take LeBron or Oscar over MJ though.
    havent you ever heard of the hakeem formula though?

resumes dont matter

how would you know mj was better if you never saw what he did!

you're not allowed knowing damnit!!! pretend its just guys and you knew what they could do in their peak seasons n such... mhmmmmm

french fried putaters

I agree for the most part but LeBron should be one

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    why not

all jordan has over lebron is success... that doesnt count

its about who's got more to offer

james and robertson did more all around for their teams. so it doesnt matter whos the better player

peak for peak

value for value

no rings allowed

no resumes allowed

just think with your brain moron

havent you seen the hakeem vs kobe thread.
    I would seriously advise you to stop throwing these tantrums just because people disagree with you.

We get it, you think Kobe Bryant is the greatest thing that has ever happened to to the universe. Almost everybody with a brain disagrees with you, but hey, these are all ultimately opinions that can't be proven.

So why do invest your self so deeply, and why do you devote so much of your time, into launching these pathetic diatribes of any player who could possibly compare with Kobe?

Making an imbecile of yourself (along with your buddy 9er, although he is honestly far more disgusting) only discredits your viewpoint. Ever wondered why there are so many irrational Kobe haters? Well, maybe it's because there are so many equally irrational Kobe lovers.

Why can't you just espouse your admiration of Kobe, and discuss the things that make him great, without attacking other equally great players? Accept that people disagree with a lot of the ridiculous things you say, and move on.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

even when kobe's name isn't mentioned OP's sucking his c0ck

Kobelicious

errr while once in 100 thread theres an rare occurrence when kenneth didnt bring kobe, you guys still mentioning kobe a lot, i dont know whos more insecure here, granted hes makin this thread to prove his point: peak wise hakeem is better than kobe, but doesnt mean higher in goat list (from hakeem vs kobe thread)

but he makin a reasonable thread here, a valid statement and arguably right, without sucking kobe dick, and you guys goin ham about kobe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    I would seriously advise you to stop throwing these tantrums just because people disagree with you.

We get it, you think Kobe Bryant is the greatest thing that has ever happened to to the universe. Almost everybody with a brain disagrees with you, but hey, these are all ultimately opinions that can't be proven.

So why do invest your self so deeply, and why do you devote so much of your time, into launching these pathetic diatribes of any player who could possibly compare with Kobe?

Making an imbecile of yourself (along with your buddy 9er, although he is honestly far more disgusting) only discredits your viewpoint. Ever wondered why there are so many irrational Kobe haters? Well, maybe it's because there are so many equally irrational Kobe lovers.

Why can't you just espouse your admiration of Kobe, and discuss the things that make him great, without attacking other equally great players? Accept that people disagree with a lot of the ridiculous things you say, and move on.

kobe sucks though. hes not even a top 20 player all time based on the peak for peak personal opinion formula without resume/team accomplishments counting

so i don't have a clue where you're coming up with this idea that i think kobe is anything better than a chucking brick layer

hakeem > lebron > .... like this spot matters > mj > who cares >>>>>>>> kobe

for

Last edited by kennethgriffin; 07-29-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

I'd draft Wilt, Kareem, Shaq and Magic over MJ

I rule the local playground

I don't buy the argument that prime Shaq > prime MJ and I never did. Shaq always could've been beaten. And he almost was in 2000. Took some miracle shots from Kobe against the Suns and Blazers that year to carry the Lakers and that's the year when Shaq was in his prime, Suns and Blazers weren't all that, cerainly not to threaten the most dominant ever and Kobe still wasn't superstar level. He was in fact a sidekick that year. Something he wasn't ever again.

In MJ's prime, he wasn't beaten, he could not have been beaten. He was just better. It's just the case of overrating big men. Happens here all the time.