Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Why do many people here think Jeremy Lin sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    like i have said many times before. an oriental cannot succeed in the nba due to their small eyes, which does not allow them to see as much on the court as other playres.
    kobe has small eyes, no wonder lebron is already better than him on the all time list

Banned

When I finally caught a couple games of Linsanity on TV during that stretch on the Knicks, after the pandomonium had alrdy broken out, I remember seeing his handles and thinking they were so sloppy, and some of the baskets he was scoring looked like very improbably circus shots, and I thought to myself this dude is not really that good, hes just getting a bunch of breaks right now being on a hot streak, in dantoni system, against a lot of bad opponents etc.

Then I didnt really see him on Houston until the playoffs where he ate shit. So that kinda reaffirmed my inital impression for me. Maybe Im off but Ive just never been impressed. And yes, Beverly was a clear upgrade when he subbed in, at least using those playoff games as a sample.

I do think its interesting about Lin tho, cause hes probably about as valuable as a Tyreke Evans. But Evans is more likely to be seen as having more potential, deserving more of a chance bc he could become a superstar (which he wont) but people give Evans the benefit of the doubt because he is black, and its assumed his athletic potential could make him a superstar if he can put it all together. People assume Lin is maxed out potential wise because hes asian, and hes already overachieved just getting this far.

So yeah I do think that has somethin to do with it. I feel like the perception between he and a Tyreke Evans type is the complete opposite, based on basically skin color and little else.

Too hyped up when he was on the linsanity adrenaline with the Knicks. He was dropping 25+ ppg, 8assts

Hew's now underrated. People hates him cause his follower thinks that he's a top 3 PG in the NBA during the linsanity run.

He gets a bad rap for the playoffs but most people fail to point out that he was injured for most of the playoffs. He was no where near 100%. Plus this was his first playoffs ever on a new team and system. I don't think the hype was warranted during Linsanity but he is no scrub. He is a solid player and he still has time to get better. This year will be a huge telling sign of the type of player Lin will be for the rest of his career.

The Lakers should have signed Lin instead of Nash last year - Kobe would have pushed him on defense and developed his game on offense. Harden is no where the passer that Kobe is. Lin and Gasol would work the pick and roll well.

Jeremy Lin to the Lakers for Steve Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Do the playoffs matter at all? Because he was awful to the point they put everyone and anyone out there instead of him.
    This. Go back and watch the games, hell even go through the playoff threads. It was CLEAR that when Lin was on the floor = the Rockets got noticeably worse. I felt really bad for him, even though he was painfully over-hyped, but his game was more painful to watch.

During the season, he was solid. Solid enough to clinch the 8th seed I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    Nash sucked ass last year, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    That's because Kobe, not Nash, always had the ball and the only oops Kobe tosses are to himself, off the backboard.
    False. Howard refused to play PnR (Nash and Mike D'Antoni said so themselves), which in obvious return, lowered the lob rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz

False. Howard refused to play PnR (Nash and Mike D'Antoni said so themselves), which in obvious return, lowered the lob rates.
    Is this really true?
    What kind of a dumbass is Howard?
    What big with his athleticism and playing with a great passer in Nash wouldn't want to play the pick and roll?
    He would have had so many easy baskets.
    He thinks it is below him as a big to play the pick and roll? Did he never hear of Karl Malone?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Is this really true?
    What kind of a dumbass is Howard?
    What big with his athleticism and playing with a great passer in Nash wouldn't want to play the pick and roll?
    He would have had so many easy baskets.
    He thinks it is below him as a big to play the pick and roll? Did he never hear of Karl Malone?
    He wanted to play more in the post, even though he sucked balls.

Like Nash said, he was very frustrated in LA, and it showed. Read an article not to long ago where it talked about how Howard broke offensive sets and went straight to the post area, or tried to, only to eventually screw up or just turn the ball over altogether. Got a good chuckle out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    He wanted to play more in the post, even though he sucked balls.

Like Nash said, he was very frustrated in LA, and it showed.
    Is there a reason he couldn't do both?
    Sometimes LeBron plays outside, sometimes he posts up, sometimes he runs the pick and roll.
    Why couldn't there be variety with Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Is there a reason he couldn't do both?
    Sometimes LeBron plays outside, sometimes he posts up, sometimes he runs the pick and roll.
    Why couldn't there be variety with Howard?
    Frustration, maybe involved his injuries aswell. His smile is not the only thing wrong with his on-court personality, he has a stubborn attitude. He even developed it on the defensive end. Can't count how many times I've seen him screw up on offense, and not run back on defense because he honestly couldn't care less. Saw none of that when I watched him playing for the Magic

Everyone likes to rip Lakers fans as they ridicule Howard, but he kinda deserves it. He didn't want to play for the Lakers, he never really did, and it showed. Used to be one of my favorite players, but I've grown to really dislike him.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

Lin is a solid point guard. Not an allstar but not a scrub. He played really good for us in the second half of the season. He shot 40% from three the last 3 months of the seaso and cut down on turnovers. I think he'll be a great 4th option behind Harden, D12, and Parsons.

Beverly is a solid backup point guard. Great energy guy and defense but I don't think he's a 35mins/82games guy.

Also I don't blame him for the playoffs. He was legitimately injured. he shouldnt have been playing. I do think we could have won game 6 if he didn't play but I see that as more of a coaching decision.
    Last edited by SmackOrH.A.K; 07-29-2013 at 05:30 AM.

D'Antoni-specific point guard.