Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Hakeem or Kobe?

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Hakeem or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    No one would take Michael Jordan over Kareem Abdul Jabbar either to start a team, but it doesn't make KAJ better.
    Actually, that's more debatable, due to the absurd scoring efficiency in which Jordan scored at in his prime.

Kobe and Hakeem isn't debatable. Not even a little bit.
    Last edited by PJR; 07-29-2013 at 03:41 PM.

"By by enough that there is virtually no realistic situation id choose Kobe." Yet you'd think about choosing Duncan, the same guy who got thoroughly destroyed by Kobe in the playoffs far too often.
    I must have missed the moments when Duncan was guarding Kobe out on the perimeter and Kobe was defending Duncan in the post. All one vs one. Not that this is at all relevant.

Everything KBlaze said is correct. And you're frankly ignorant of the game if you choose Kobe over Hakeem.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

PJR & Xerxes, both Bulls fans right?

PJR is a Heat fan. K Xerxes is a Bulls fan.

NBA rookie of the year

Bulls fan? lol. Not even close.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I must have missed the moments when Duncan was guarding Kobe out on the perimeter and Kobe was defending Duncan in the post. All one vs one. Not that this is at all relevant.

Everything KBlaze said is correct. And you're frankly ignorant of the game if you choose Kobe over Hakeem.
    I'd probably choose Hakeem over Kobe via a draft selection, but I don't think in any way has Hakeem had a better career then Kobe or is a better player. He is a big man and it's only logical to pick him due to his position.

KBlaze, as per usual, makes it sound so one-sided unfavouring Kobe.
    Dude is maybe the most modestly biased poster on this forum, no, he definitely is. Usually ignore everything he writes, but had to chuckle one more time. Dude is so condescending yet has writing skills of a 15 year old.

Here's how I see the comparison:

Peak: Hakeem
    Draft: Hakeem
    All-Time Place: Kobe, can not ignore his skill set, longevity and accolades. I don't care if he's a guard. Kobe achieved more in less then a decade then Hakeem has in his entire career. Longevity, and accolades put Kobe over Hakeem as far as career is concerned and both of them are two of the most skilled basketball players we've seen and will ever see.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 07-29-2013 at 03:46 PM.

I don't agree w/ everything KBlaze posts (especially his opinion of Reggie Miller), but he's right about Hakeem and Kobe.

Olajuwon was a complete player.... statistically ELITE in just about every category. Hard to pick against that.

Bulls fan, but Hakeem is probably my second favorite player of all time (behind MJ) speaking as a basketball purist.

I'd probably choose Hakeem over Kobe via a draft selection, but I don't think in any way has Hakeem had a better career then Kobe or is a better player. He is a big man and it's only logical to pick him due to his position.

KBlaze, as per usual, makes it sound so one-sided unfavouring Kobe.
    Dude is maybe the most modestly biased poster on this forum, no, he definitely is. Usually ignore everything he writes, but had to chuckle one more time. Dude is so condescending yet has writing skills of a 15 year old.

Here's how I see the comparison:

Peak: Hakeem
    Draft: Hakeem
    All-Time Place: Kobe, can not ignore his skill set, longevity and accolades. I don't care if he's a guard. Kobe achieved more in less then a decade then Hakeem has in his entire career. Longevity, and accolades put Kobe over Hakeem as far as career is concerned and both of them are two of the most skilled basketball players we've seen and will ever see.
    Accolades favor Kobe without a doubt, but I don't believe they indicate who the better players are. In terms of skill set... that's probably a wash. They are without question two of the most skilled players of all time, and will leave you with jaw dropping moves in games. Longevity favors Kobe too (but you have to remember that Hakeem was more dominant right into the NBA and it took a few years for Kobe to really reach that level). Career-wise is dependent on how you view it as I believe Hakeem was less fortunate in terms of team make up than everyone else in the consensus top 11, so I feel that his inferior career resume isn't necessarily down to him. What he did with those 94 and 95 teams were undeniably all time top tier great.

However, in terms of two way impact on the game... it's Hakeem. Whether he's a big - or whatever other reason - doesn't change that fact. And that's what defines a better player as they will contribute more to victories. I'm not in the business of pitying players because they're smaller and have other-worldly skills; if a big guy has more impact on the game because he's bigger, then I take him 10/10.

I rule the local playground

but big men are said to have the greatest impact on the game
    how do you lose with a player that's putting up 55/27
    how does this guy never get past the 2nd round

contrarily , give kobe a player half as talented as hakeem
    you get 3 straight finals and back-to-back titles

and it's not like the league was all that hella either

check the all star game

kenny anderson - mookie blaylock - bj armstrong - d coleman
    ho grant - oakley - starks - cliff robinson - danny manning

up for scoring title during that era