Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hakeem or Kobe?

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Hakeem or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

idiots always use the "absolute best year who you'd draft first vs absolute best year who you'd draft first formula" when its kobe vs whoever

but only when its about kobe. cause its a matter of biased opinion and not fact.

they like to use that formula cause they could use practically anyone whom they like and say theyre better than kobe

but if you used this crap then you have to use to for everyone else.

and if it really was just about 1 or 2 seasons then jordan isnt even a top 5 player all time

you could literally argue elgin baylor, hakeem olajuwon, wilt chamberlain, shaquille o'neal and oscar robertson as the top 5 players ever

I WIN AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!
    How exactly are you "winning?"

You're not convincing a single person who doesn't already buy into you disgusting Kobe worship.

Hakeem the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    +1. They are pretty close on the list (Hakeem 7th and Kobe 10th), but Dream's two-way dominance (easily rivaling the best performances of Jordan or Shaq) and steep uphill battle to championships makes it a fairly obvious choice.
    Who the hell has Hakeem at 7? You have Hakeem over Duncan and Shaq?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    How exactly are you "winning?"

You're not convincing a single person who doesn't already buy into you disgusting Kobe worship.
    Shhhh, let him have his moment.

Kobe has the better career resume but Hakeem was the better and more impactful player.

Surprised by the amount of "Hakeem easily" responses. Lot of people had Kobe at 9 in the past couple years. Seems like there's been a growing trend by younger fans to cross out Kobe's first 3 titles
    Last edited by chazzy; 07-28-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Hakeem had a bigger two way impact on the game than Kobe did. This is unquestionable.

Hakeem easily.
    Thank you.

/thread

College star

Hakeem easy and it's not even close.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52

Robinson is easily >>> Kobe.

Oh, wait, wait.

"rings ddeuuuhhh he won da ringssssszzzerers"

You don't know basketball.

Frankly, I find it strange you'd even spend your time on a message board discussing it. You clearly just watch the ESPN televitz, memorize their doctrine which revolves around aggrandizing explosive swing players in order to draw ratings, you come here and mindlessly repeat it... I guess I don't see what the point is. Theres maybe 5% of this board who thinks about the game for themselves and enjoys coming here to exchange ideas with others. The rest of you (and you specifically) are just pea-brained drones. I don't understand it. Why do you even bother??

Let me guess, you have Kobe >>>> Duncan too, right?

RINGS DERRRRR KOBE HAS 5 RINGSSS HURRRRRRRRR

But Fisher has 5 rings too, Kobe hasn't won anything without him! What a stupid way to judge and compare players!

NAH UH BECAUSE FIRST OPTION AS THE MAN MEANS YOU HAVE THE RINGS WHICH IS YOUR KILLER INSTINCT ASSASSIN FIRST BANANA HES THE BATMAN PAU IS ROBIN KOBE HAS 5 RINGS..... I KNOW TEH BASKERTBALLING!
    LOL, good post.

I've always believed peak for peak Robinson > Kobe, and that goes for most of the great bigs to be honest.

That includes Shaq, Kareem, Hakeem, Russell, D-Rob, Wilt and Duncan. Scored as much on better efficiency, much greater defensive impact and were just better at their peaks than Kobe ever was at any point in his career.

Kobe just has better longevity.

I agree with the people saying Kobe has a better resume but Hakeem was the better player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Kobe has the better career resume but Hakeem was the better and more impactful player.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I agree with the people saying Kobe has a better resume but Hakeem was the better player.

its funny how the only way to keep kobe out of the top 5 all time is to say dumb things like

"ya kobes better. but he wasn't cause i said so"

like i said... i could use that argument to say jordan isnt even top 5 all time

I have Hakeem at #9, and Kobe at #10... so very close. LeBron will probably pass them both with another title.

Local High School Star

Hakeem wins the peak battle
    Kobe wins the longevity battle

Your call.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Slide
    Hakeem wins the peak battle
    Kobe wins the longevity battle

Your call.

you could argue hakeems best season or seasons are better than any of jordans,magics, birds, russells

but like kobe. theyre all ahead of hakeem

its all a matter of opinion based on dominating a weak couple of years in a league that didnt even have its best player at the time

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe makes 1st team all nba = "its cause of popularity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

jamaal mashburn makes 3rd team all nba over MICHAEL JORDAN.........." ummm.... wut"

kobe makes 1st team all nba = "its cause of popularity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lebron stan: 4 MVP bitch!!! 4 MVP > 5 ring, even if lebron didnt win any ring, 4 MVP > 2 FMVP and 3 rings gifted by shaq

kobe is absolute beast on defense 01-03:
    06-07 was his peak but was wasted playin with crappy teammates where he must focus solely in offense, or they wont score any,
    he score goddamn 81 point againt raptor in god efficiency yet trailing most of the game, thats how good his teammate was

so yeah, talk about luck,
    hakeems peak while the best player in the league suddenly retired
    Last edited by VIntageNOvel; 07-29-2013 at 01:31 AM.