Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Who played harder than Allen Iverson? Ever?

Wasn't the practice he missed on Thanks Giving as well? Dude just wanted to be with his family.

Also people who are comparing Lebrons heart to iversons? Are you trolling or serious?
    Iverson would never go missing, especially in crunch time. Lebron is a great player, but he has no heart.
    Imagine in iverson was blessed with a 6'8 frame

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He has become the antichrist for a new generation of "efficiency" lovers. But lets sit that aside for now please.

If you watched the guy I watched...you have to respect one thing at least.

The desire.

It is a very short list of people you can name in comparison to AI on this issue.

They exist. Im not gonna disregard Bird or...any number of others no doubt about to be mentioned.

But watch a few clips for me....not even the best of him at all. Just a few random examples of what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZhdPXeHQc

^
    Normal play for him. Not a highlight at all. But how many people...ever....get to that ball first and score it? He goes from zero to 100 in half a second. Hes got 2 Knicks ahead of him and hes off before any other nugget is even turned around.

Another game that isnt really of note. Not even highlights. But....a lot of those plays are just off wanting it the most. The swarming defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-rtvkOO0Ak

Talk about swarming defense....

Look at the play at 1:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKoNwyG6ETA

If you dont like that...you dont like basketball.

Im gonna spare you the essay on heart and how underrated hes become because of stat watchers.....ill just say....we need more Allen Iversons not less.

[COLOR="White"]And I assume the 3-4 Rose haters we employ will be along shortly to inject discussion of him where it doesnt belong.[/COLOR]
    Iverson be hustling backwards at times

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Russell Westbrook plays hard on both ends, every single game. We all know he hadn't missed game in his whole life until his recent injury.

He's also dedicated to the franchise and would never skip out on practice and create an embarrassing scene like AI did.

AI was a lazy and insecure idiot. He played hard in games because people were watching, he was always trying to impress people.

What Russ does is much more respectable. The most dedicated athlete in history. No one puts in more effort to their franchise than Russ. No one in history.
    I wish you'd go back to not posting, because you're a f***ng moron. When Westbrook plays hard all game, it's because of his heart and passion. But for Iverson, he was just doing it because people were watching?

You can't be serious? It's more than just you being a fan. You're an obsessive lunatic when it comes to Westbrook.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Russell Westbrook plays hard on both ends, every single game. We all know he hadn't missed game in his whole life until his recent injury.

He's also dedicated to the franchise and would never skip out on practice and create an embarrassing scene like AI did.

AI was a lazy and insecure idiot. He played hard in games because people were watching, he was always trying to impress people.

What Russ does is much more respectable. The most dedicated athlete in history. No one puts in more effort to their franchise than Russ. No one in history.
    LOL. Not many people watched random regular season Sixers - Nets or Sixers - Celtics games in the late 90's.

And even if he did play at 110% in each regular season games just because people were watching, then he still deserves props because that is a whole lot of games and minutes played.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I wish you'd go back to not posting, because you're a f***ng moron. When Westbrook plays hard all game, it's because of his heart and passion. But for Iverson, he was just doing it because people were watching?

You can't be serious? It's more than just you being a fan. You're an obsessive lunatic when it comes to Westbrook.
    You're subconsciously trying to impress people as well. You want to be considered an unbiased respected fan.

You're basically using me to prop yourself up so you can become an even more respected poster.

Gain knowledge about the NBA and it's players and try to organize your posts in a fashion that garners intelligent basketball discussion, not the crap and silliness your posts usually create.

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, just trying to clean this place up. Jeff counts on me and a couple of others to do the dirty work. I sacrifice being considered a "likeable or respectable" poster for the betterment of the site long term.

You're subconsciously trying to impress people as well. You want to be considered an unbiased respected fan.

You're basically using me to prop yourself up so you can become an even more respected poster.
    No, you're just a dumbass who's posting unintelligent, uninformed things to prop-up your favorite player. We've got enough of that crap around here.

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, just trying to clean this place up. Jeff counts on me and a couple of others to do the dirty work. I sacrifice being considered a "likeable or respectable" poster for the betterment of the site long term.

Delusional much? You're a troll. You post ridiculous things, like calling Westbrook the hardest working athlete ever, while saying Iverson only played hard because people were watching. I don't know what kind of "dirty work" that is, and nothing you post is "for the betterment of the site long term".

NBA rookie of the year

KG hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Slide
    Joakim Noah
    Lebron James
    Kevin Garnett
    one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this board

I think some of the guys I have seen who play the hardest are Russell Westbrook and JJ Barea.

LeBron plays hard when he feels like it, which is most of the time, but isn't always, so not sure why he's being listed.

nobody that was good, that's for sure.

I still dunno why people hate the dude.

I'm taking him on my team.

Edit: @ KG, it's not the same as a big, tho.

-Smak

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Ever? Probably Bird. The guy could barely walk towards the end and was still throwing himself around on the court.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this board
    Lebron doesn't take any possessions off.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't be listed on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Slide
    Lebron doesn't take any possessions off.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't be listed on here.
    Rocketsgreatness, truly you are the retard to lead all retards. Lebron once took 6 games off in a row - in the nba finals nonetheless. That was a clinic on how to play disinterested, uninspired and passive basketball

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Rocketsgreatness, truly you are the retard to lead all retards. Lebron once took 6 games off in a row - in the nba finals nonetheless. That was a clinic on how to play disinterested, uninspired and passive basketball
    So because he doesn't always look to score due to double and triple teams, that meant he wasn't playing hard? LMAO, you do realize you can play hard without taking every ****ing shot right? Dude was defending their best player, rebounding like a beast, making timely accurate passes that only he can make, and all sorts of shit.