Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Default Re: Higher all-time: Dirk vs. Kobe

DMAVS, are you really this naive? Phil Jackson writes a book about how hard it was to coach Kobe only to..................................come back a couple years later to coach Kobe. He was selling books. Lol at how gullible and naive you people are. HE CAME BACK TO COACH HIM. Lolololol

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Calvin Booth, Raef LaFrentz, Dampier, and Diop. That's quite a murder's row. First time he plays with a decent center and he wins a championship.

edit: I forgot the immortal Shawn Bradley
    What about the rest of his teams? A bunch of scrubs huh? Poor dirk, never had any good teammates

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    DMAVS, are you really this naive? Phil Jackson writes a book about how hard it was to coach Kobe only to..................................come back a couple years later to coach Kobe. He was selling books. Lol at how gullible and naive you people are. HE CAME BACK TO COACH HIM. Lolololol
    No he came back to coach Smush and Kwame!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    2006 finals ring a bell?
    I hope you aren't implying that Dirk was as bad as Kobe in 06...please tell me you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    So what? He still wrote the book. Kobe still did the things I said he did. It doesn't matter how much attention he gets. That means nothing when comparing two basketball players.

You argued that Dirk isn't on his level because of 1 series. Well. I just flipped the argument. Dirk has never lost a game 7...and never given up on his team in such a game. Kobe has.

Using your logic. Therefore it is absurd to compare them...Dirk wins.

It's terrible logic.

Banned

Dirk. Easy choice.

Heres what it comes down to...

If you have Dirk on your team, your squad is going to be a threat no matter what(Prime Dirk of course not the 35 year old one). His best teammate was Jason Terry for years and Dallas was always winning 50+ games and playoff rounds. That is LeBron-MoWilliams-esque right there.

When Kobe didn't have the most stacked frontcourt in the league they either missed the playoffs or got raped in the first round. This was in their prime. It wasn't until they got another hall of fame center in his prime that LA became relevant again. Kobe is not the only common factor, the dominant frontcourt and Phil Jackson is. With Dallas Dirk is THE ONLY common factor and they have always been elite.

Dirk is one of the absolute best offensive players ever. He is INCREDIBLY efficient. He can get to the rim, he can shoot from anywhere, all at an incredible level. Thankfully that soft level is gone now that he won a championship, but he was never soft. Dirk always got to the rim and played hard. Steps his rebounding up in the playoffs just like the other great players of this generation do(Shaq,Duncan,Dirk,LeBron). All elite rebounders when it comes to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I hope you aren't implying that Dirk was as bad as Kobe in 06...please tell me you aren't.
    23ppg 39% vs the Heat...
    vs
    23ppg 38% against the an all time great defensive team

i'm not implying, I'm saying that it's a fact.

and the correct sentence you should have used is: "I hope you aren't implying that Kobe was as bad as Dirk in 06...please tell me you aren't."

23ppg 39% vs the Heat...
    vs
    23ppg 38% against the an all time great defensive team

i'm not implying, I'm saying that it's a fact.

and the correct sentence you should have used is: "I hope you aren't implying that Kobe was as bad as Dirk in 06...please tell me you aren't."
    If you want to go off solely numbers...please include full stats and overall efficiency.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If you want to go off solely numbers...please include full stats and overall efficiency.

Thanks.
    great, Dirk had 10+ rebounds a game, that suddenly puts his performance better than Kobe's.
    lol...

great, Dirk had 10+ rebounds a game, that suddenly puts his performance better than Kobe's.
    lol...
    Dirk averaged something like 23/11/3 and I'd bet on much better overall efficiency. So please include the TS percentages for both while you are at it.

By all means. You opened up this door...please include all the numbers.

And keep in mind...this is before we even account for Kobe's total lack of team play.

Banned

Kobe Bryant in Elmination Games
    22.3 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.2 SPG, .6 BPG, 3.0 TOPG, 41.4 FG%, 27.5 3P%, 77.9 FT%
    Dirk in Elimination Games
    28.4 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.2 BPG, 1.8 TPG, 48.4 FG%, 41.9 3PT%, 90.7 FT%

Kobe Bryant in Game 7s
    21.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 5.1 APG, .9 SPG, 1.6 BPG, 2.0 TOPG, 39.5 FG%, 32.4 3P%, 70.2 FT%
    -W/out Game 5