Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: BREAKING: Luis Scola to Pacers, Danny Granger to Suns ?

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    He wouldnt need to have the same impact. He is on a team where they have established themselves without him. Anything he can bring would be a added bonus. He will supplement a already established core.

Granger has never shown to be a headcase, and with the success they had I do not think he would become a disgruntled player.

Its not like the Pacers are going to live or die by him. If he can give a solid 18 mpg, that is huge. If he cant, then they can continue without him.
    This is a great point. Danny has never been anything but a class guy with the pacers. If he can come back at 80% of what he was it will have a hugh impact on a already great team.

If you don't follow the pacers, you just can't know how bad out bench was last year. Add either Stephen or Granger to that bench with the other starting along with Scola and the Pacers become scary good.

Champs baby

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Pacers with Granger in 2012 - 7th best offense
    Pacers without Granger the next year - 20th offense

I think he can be effective in a 6th man role. Indiana played way above their level offensively against Miami, they aren't usually that proficient. He's not a great player by any means, but maybe seeing how successful they were as a team without him and the emergence of PG will humble him a bit and allow him to accept a lesser role as a reserve scorer. Having him and Scola along with Watson now helps shore up a struggling bench that looked completely anemic offensively.
    Just too much of a different team now for that to mean anything in my opinion. George is just a completely different player than he was in 12. Stephenson was a non factor...and that team was playing Collison and Barbosa significant minutes in the playoffs.

They were the 9th best defense in 12 and were the best defense in 13. I think it's more of a style thing...not blaming Granger for the defensive difference.

I definitely agree that their offense needs to get better. I just don't think Granger is what fits best now or in the future. Who do you want shooting less on the Pacers? You definitely want PG taking more than 14.6 shots a game next year in the playoffs. So his shot total should go up and that is best for the Pacers. Hibbert and West should stay where they are at 12 to 13. I guess you'd say you would rather have Hill and Stephenson take less, but they were only taking 20 shots between them. Even if you reduce that by 25%...you are still only left with 5 extra shots...and that is without accounting for PG...who should be taking around 17 shots a game in the playoffs at minimum. Then you have Scola, Copeland, and Watson to account for as well.

The last thing the Pacers need is a guy like Granger out there in a contract year. It's not fair to Granger or the team. Trade him now and fill some needs and avoid the headache and potential chemistry issues a player that you know you aren't keeping for the future might cause.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colts19
    This is a great point. Danny has never been anything but a class guy with the pacers. If he can come back at 80% of what he was it will have a hugh impact on a already great team.

If you don't follow the pacers, you just can't know how bad out bench was last year. Add either Stephen or Granger to that bench with the other starting along with Scola and the Pacers become scary good.

Champs baby
    You are asking a lot from a player in a contract year.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    Suns are hoarding them picks!! MCD doin work.
    I'm curious what the protection on it is. It's interesting b/c one can assume Pacers won't be picking #1-20 any time soon.

edit:
    nvm, I see - lotto protected