Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kyrie Irving is going to be the 2013-2014 NBA MVP

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    No PG in modern NBA history has EVER deserved a MVP except for Magic who was not really a PG any ways but more of a freak. The closest one has come has been Nash, who was still a bad choice with players like Shaq, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Lebron there but he was certainly miles above of the selection of Rose.

Stop with this PGs getting MVP trash. PGs are so damn overrated and do not impact the game nearly as much as people think....aka they are not anywhere as good as people think.
    I don't understand where you are coming up with this?

Does the pg not touch the ball EVERY possession? Set up and navigate the offense? Relied on to get teammates involved?

Obviously some of the worse pg's don't do as much, and if you have LBJ on your team you don't have to do as much. But your trying to say CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, Rondo, John Wall, Lillard etc etc don't impact the game very much? And their not as good as people think?

Id be surprised, if Kyrie didnt win an MVP award during his career, but its not gonna be next season

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    No, he's not. And no, he doesn't.
    He is. He was actually leading his team to a .500 record with him playing. Not like his team is any better than the Cavs one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    We'll see what? You're the one comparing a potential Rose MVP season comeback to Adrian Peterson coming back after tearing his ACL and winning an MVP. There's a HUGE difference, though, that you're apparently failing to acknowledge. Peterson came back less than a year later and rushed for 2,000 yards en route to winning MVP. Rose is gonna be 18 months post surgery by the time he plays his first game this season.
    We'll see how the narrative goes. Trust me. They'll praise him if we get a top 2 seed, and him getting the MVP award after coming back from an ACL tear will be huge. 18+ months of not playing NBA level basketball, coming back from an ACL injury, and leading us to a top 2 seed.

If LeBron doesn't win it has to be Durant.

I can see Durant winning it if he leads OKC to a 1st seed with Westbrook struggling to regain his form in the first 3 months of the season coming back from injury.

Lets get one thing straight here. Adrian Peterson is the best athlete in all of sports right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Former Cavs fan, now a Heat fan, still rooting for the Cavs deep down inside.

It's a like a broken record here on ISH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Former Cavs fan, now a Heat fan, still rooting for the Cavs deep down inside.

It's a like a broken record here on ISH.
    i wonder why youre a heat fan now?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    i wonder why youre a heat fan now?

Yea, that's never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Dude is going to go ham this upcoming season. Has said on several interviews he's feeling great and isn't worried about any injuries. Now he's got a great team too and I feel like the Cavs are going to surprise some people. Going to put up 25/9/4 and get the 5-6th seed in the East.
    Guy needs to learn how to run a team. His passing isn't there for a top pg. Plus he plays bad defense.

He will be an all star tho.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    John Wall is a better player, and has a better chance of winning.
    No he's not. And the Cavs definitely have a better looking roster than Washington. This is the only place where Wall/Irving is a debate.

i love kyrie man. he is a beast.. but i cant see that happening in the upcoming 2013 - 2014 NBA

or even a few years, as other posters said, his defense is suspect, and running a team is so - so

he can give a highlight reel pass from time to time, but yeah, he needs to improve in some aspects of the game first.

You guys don't get it do you. Rose got the MVP because he lead a mediocre team to #1 seed. Kyrie will never even be close to top 4 and therefore not even be close.

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    Injured by game 47. I hate it cause Kyrie is fun to watch.
    I agree. Kyrie's a unique scoring point who relies on his handle, hesitations, and lethal shooting ability to score and not just speed and athleticism like Rose and Westbrook (Both can shoot but not like Kyrie.)

He can just flat out play and there is not another point in the L who has his combination of weapons, at least none that I can think of.

It sucks that in this wealth of high quality points Rondo, Rose and Westbrook along with Kyrie and others.