Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Wolverine is getting decent reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    I liked it. Hugh jackman is badass in that movie.
    I loved it too. I mean granted I'm biased because I'm a huge Wolverine/X-Men fan and enjoy pretty much anything associated with them, but everyone I went with enjoyed it too.

The only part that was just a bit too much for my liking was the fight on top of the train. The huge fight during the funeral was amazing though. probably my favorite superhero movie fight scene I've ever seen

Decent college freshman

I really liked it. When I saw the first trailer I thought it was going to suck. After I watched a behind the scenes video I decided to give it a try. Overall a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I loved it too. I mean granted I'm biased because I'm a huge Wolverine/X-Men fan and enjoy pretty much anything associated with them, but everyone I went with enjoyed it too.

The only part that was just a bit too much for my liking was the fight on top of the train. The huge fight during the funeral was amazing though. probably my favorite superhero movie fight scene I've ever seen
    Yeah if they cut out the fight on top of the train the movie would've been better off. I don't want to say the fights were based on "realistic" combat since it is a superhero movie, but it was for the most part up close hand-to-hand combat that made the fight scenes that much better.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Are there a lot of shakey cam fight scenes? I hate those.

It was easily the best XMEN related film so far. Not that that's saying much, since every other XMEN related film has been a total piece of shit.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Mostly positive things in here

Cool

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    It was easily the best XMEN related film so far. Not that that's saying much, since every other XMEN related film has been a total piece of shit.
    I enjoyed First Class the most.

If I think about it X2 is probably my favorite X-Men movie.

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Movie was good, don't see a problem at all w the train fight scene, thought it was relevant to the story/ action sequence etc.

The fight scenes were very well done but I'm a lil more partial to The Punisher vs The Russian than the funeral scene although it's a one on one vs gang fight comparison basically but both were epic.

I wasn't let down at all as I went in w zero expectations (kinda how I did w Iron Man) and I was pleasantly surprised considering this wasn't a must watch movie for me, just decided to go last second and it was worth it.

Is it safe to watch with my girlfriend? I saw hugh jackman shirtless in the trailer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWest
    Is it safe to watch with my girlfriend? I saw hugh jackman shirtless in the trailer
    Safe to say after she sees the movie, she'll never be able to get wet for you ever again

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Safe to say after she sees the movie, she'll never be able to get wet for you ever again
    That's why lube was invented

Viper is freaking hot.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Haven't seen it, no basis other than Jackman's prior work in the genre, but I'd put solid money on it being shit. Cash the check Hugh Jackman, but until Marvel takes the kid gloves off their stand alone franchises are going to keep being shit. They lucked into Robert Downey being the perfect Tony Stark, everything else is popcorn shit. Not good shit, just hey we have a big budget so let's go crazy on CGI.

The Marvel movies are shitty, I don't know why people love them. They're the modern template of "play some shit in the background while I check out reddit."
    Some are good, some are garbage. Iron Man 1 and Xmen first class were good. Also Thor and Captain America were alright. I hated Avengers and Iron man 2/3. I have no idea why they are so popular since they were such crummy films.

But Xmen first class was the best comic movie ever imo and one of the best movies ever.

Just curious, what are this forums policy on posting links that may or may not have a direct link to watching this movie online? I may or may not be able to supply a link to those who may or may not want to watch this...for free. Obviously I may not want to get in trouble with Jeff... so that's why I asked....hypothetically.