Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: NYC gives Madison Square Garden 10 years to GTFO

Each and every one of those local community voters paid by Nets owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby13

New York needs to raise the bar.
    No. They need to stay near where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by sc19
    Each and every one of those local community voters paid by Nets owner.
    No way. Knicks did nothing to block him at all (never raised even the slightest concern). And the rivalry raise the profile of both teams. And at some point the Nets might want civic money or might be concerned about eminent domain being pushed at something they are doing. They'd be on the Knicks side.

NYC finally admitting the Knicks are irrelevant and wasting time and space.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Stop talking about shit like you understand it. Tons of people drive there. It's pretty much the same as MSG, a lot of people take the train but a lot of people drive and know where they can and cannot park. The Net fanbase isn't by the stadium, people come from all over. You always say things about the Net crowd, how they sound, the drive, etc. like you've been there or are around there. You've never been to a Net game. And you clearly don't live in the city.
    most people do take the train. that's from a statement made by the nets. 52.2% take the train. while 25.1% came by car. so your the one making up shit.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1372336

how does it feel getting owned niko?.

"Two-thirds of Nets fans used mass-transit or walked to Barclays Center during the team’s inaugural Brooklyn season, a much higher rate than originally projected, according to a new report.

At an average weekday Nets weekday game, 52.5% of the 15,000 fans arrived by subway while 25.1% came by car, according to Sam Schwartz Engineering."

[QUOTE=It's A VC3!!!]most people do take the train. that's from a statement made by the nets. 52.2% take the train. while 25.1% came by car. so your the one making up shit.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1372336

how does it feel getting owned niko?.

[I]"Two-thirds of Nets fans used mass-transit or walked to Barclays Center during the team

52.2% is not most. How is that most? You said MOST fans came by subway. About half came in their poll.

Again, you ALWAYS talk about the Nets. I've been to more Net games than you have, but yet you regularly talk about crowd noise, makeup, etc. Tell me about your experience at Barclays, your friends who go to games, etc.
    2x more people take the train than cars. so i was right. you can't argue the facts, yet your still trying to. you acted like i didn't know what i was talking about. so when i said "most people take the train", i was right. in this case 2x more people take the train than cars. so the nets averaged 17k fans per game last season. so 8840 fans took the train per game last year compared to 4250 who took cars last season. don't try to argue, just admit your foolishness and wrongdoing.

52.2% is not most. How is that most? You said MOST fans came by subway. About half came in their poll.

Again, you ALWAYS talk about the Nets. I've been to more Net games than you have, but yet you regularly talk about crowd noise, makeup, etc. Tell me about your experience at Barclays, your friends who go to games, etc.
    The point which you seem to be avoiding is 75% of the people do not get there by car

So New York is a pretty crowded place, real estate is at a premium so where do the Knicks move to?

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    The point which you seem to be avoiding is 75% of the people do not get there by car
    There you go. At least you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    2x more people take the train than cars. so i was right. you can't argue the facts, yet your still trying to. you acted like i didn't know what i was talking about. so when i said "most people take the train", i was right. in this case 2x more people take the train than cars. so the nets averaged 17k fans per game last season. so 8840 fans took the train per game last year compared to 4250 who took cars last season. don't try to argue, just admit your foolishness and wrongdoing.
    You make shit up and then look for articles to back it up. Again, tell me about ONE of the Net games you went to. ONE.

Ive been to quite a few events, there are a ton of people who drive there. There just are. I don't know what to tell you people.

You make shit up and then look for articles to back it up. Again, tell me about ONE of the Net games you went to. ONE.

Ive been to quite a few events, there are a ton of people who drive there. There just are. I don't know what to tell you people.
    I didn't look for any articles. I read this a while ago and found it again to prove it to you. When I stated that "most people take the train", it was because I read this article a while back and had knowledge of the statistics. I went to a Nets game against the Rockets. When I was coming home I was at a red light in front of a Lexus. A guy crossed the street with a gun and robbed the Lexus in front of me. I don't get what that has to do with anything but hey, you asked me.

Nobody is disputing that a lot of people drive there. Approximately 4250 people drive there every game. That is A LOT of people. That's not the point in case that I was making. My point was that due to the structure of the Barclays, the majority of fans take the train due to it leading right to the arena and the easier accessibility since there is a train every 15 minutes going to the game on game nights. The facts back that statement up. The Nets set it up that way. They only have 400 parking spots in their arena, compared to other arena's that have well over 1000. They want people to take the transit and most do. I didn't think anyone would argue this even after the statistics show I'm right.

Nothing will happen. The city doesn't have money to rebuild Penn Station and the City would also have to help fund the Garden's move after seizing the land. Essentially they'd need to help fund a new building and fund a new Penn Station. In 10 years. Raise your hand if you see that happening.

The person who wrote the article seems to see the need to rebuild Penn Station, not me. Not if it costs me $1. It's a train station. Why does it need to be pretty?

Total non story. In 10 years they'll be either a renewal or a huge legal battle which will take more years. Or we can just share Barclays. If you've been to a Knicks/Nets game this year, you'd know we'd basically take over that building, and the Knicks would be real close to my house. Win/Win.
    NYC doesn't have money to build a train station?

What a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Nobody is disputing that a lot of people drive there. Approximately 4250 people drive there every game. That is A LOT of people. That's not the point in case that I was making. My point was that due to the structure of the Barclays, the majority of fans take the train due to it leading right to the arena and the easier accessibility since there is a train every 15 minutes going to the game on game nights. The facts back that statement up. The Nets set it up that way. They only have 400 parking spots in their arena, compared to other arena's that have well over 1000. They want people to take the transit and most do. I didn't think anyone would argue this even after the statistics show I'm right.
    People park all over. They park at the mall, they park at people who sell their driveway space, they pay off McDonalds, they park at the lots scattered mostly on the north side of the arena. It's much like MSG, people have a pattern that they park at. It's very very much like MSG. I often think the press that the Nets put out try to paint the arena crowd as very local, not driving, not parking, not causing traffic. It's not problematic (the cars) but it's much more than people think.