Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: melo vs bosh

Default Re: melo vs bosh

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    since we're on that trip, how many playoff games did bosh win with the raptors? oh thats right, he colluded with 2 superstars. maybe melo should have taken a shortcut and gone to the lakers or clippers.
    Whats funny is Melo forced his way to NY in hopes of playing with Amare and CP3

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Bosh easily.

Local High School Star

I'll take this guy

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

give me the 2 time champion anyday

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

I really want to fight some of you people sometimes... Literally just break your noses and leave you concussed

Trolls with that Robet Horry logic.... Horry = Hall of Famer 7 Rings zomgggg his 6ppg career avg is irrelevant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    I really want to fight some of you people sometimes... Literally just break your noses and leave you concussed

Trolls with that Robet Horry logic.... Horry = Hall of Famer 7 Rings zomgggg his 6ppg career avg is irrelevant

Horry >>>>> JR Smif, u mad?

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Horry >>>>> JR Smif, u mad?
    He is mad

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Who is the better player? Coming into the 03 nba draft it was a no brainer to draft melo first but if we were to redo the draft I personally would take bosh first and then to try to pair him up with a defensive centre. Thoughts?
    Starting a franchise, you have to go with the better talent/more marketable player for the franchise/one who will get you to the playoffs. Building around the player comes afterwards and it's not always about the right fit.

Anthony has always been better than Bosh, so I don't see any reason what a proper fit would do take him over Anthony. Hell, even with the proper fit, I would just need a good/great PG to be his second best player alongside Anthony and that team goes deep.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Bosh over Melo all day, everyday
    Bosh over karl malone on sundays

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    . Hell, even with the proper fit, I would just need a good/great PG to be his second best player alongside Anthony and that team goes deep.

You mean like an Allen Iverson or Chauncey Billups type?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks

This isn't a Robert Horry scenario. Bosh is an 8 time all star. He's also unselfish enough to play out of position while sacrificing individual numbers for the good of the team. Not sure Melo would ever be willing to do that.

Billups type since that was a good fit and prime Iverson is better, so he wouldn't be the choice in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    This isn't a Robert Horry scenario. Bosh is an 8 time all star. He's also unselfish enough to play out of position while sacrificing individual numbers for the good of the team. Not sure Melo would ever be willing to do that.
    This is about who's better and starting franchise player. Not Bosh defering to superior players like James and Wade.

What else is new, ISH gonna ISH...but I'll bite anyway...

Melo = NCAA champion and NCAA Finals MVP (Most Outstanding Player) as the lead dog on an underdog Syracuse team. Never averaged under 20 ppg in his pro career.

Bosh = 11 ppg his rookie year & 17 ppg his sophomore yr.

Melo = 1 time scoring champ, 6x all-star with 6 All-NBA teams (twice to 2nd team, four times to 3rd team). 4x Player of the Month. 3x Olympian. Rookie Challenge MVP. All-Rookie First Team.

Bosh = 8x all-star, one All-NBA selection (2nd team). 1 time Player of the Month. 1 time Olympian. All-Rookie First Team.

Melo also had a very strong case for ROY but the LBJ hype-machine was in full swing back then.

Melo = not much playoff success but he has NEVER missed the postseason. Do I even need to go there w/ Bosh? He couldn't lead Toronto anywhere in the shitty east while Melo had to go through eventual champs in LA and SA out west.

Bosh's two rings should have little if any weight to this argument. He won them as a 3rd option on a team w/ a potential top 5 player of all time + potentially the 2nd best SG of all time. Melo's best teammates were out of his prime AI & eternally injured no defense-playing Amare Stoudemire.

Bosh deferring as a reason as to why he's the better player is retarded. "Better" signifies skill, production, ability to lead a team, impact. Melo is superior to Bosh in the first two categories & although he may be lacking somewhat in the last two categories...he's still better than Bosh.

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

I'd take Bosh. I really don't like Melo's game so i'm pretty biased.

But i value big men a lot and except for last POs Bosh is really a great PF.

Gimme Bosh