Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: OKC Might Have the Worst Bench in the League

Imagine if they get knocked out of the playoffs this year by Harden and the Rockets.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Roberson from what I seen in the SL imo could actually get some decent time and on top of that Liggins as well should be better, but yeah that bench if you trying to win a title is pretty underwhelming plus who did they replace KMart with Lamb?

Imo OKC can still make moves if they want to give up Ibaka to get two decent players in return but it's a big risk and other than Lamb they really are the only two pieces imo with good value that you can get something ok/good enough in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Nick Young
    Wes Johnson
    Jordan Farmar
    Jordan Hill
    Steve Blake

Really? How's that worse than OKC's?

Johnson and Hill will probably start. Young might get some starts too, considering he's only backing up Meeks.

Durant and Westbrook could be burnt out by playoff time.

Banned

glad someone is willing to talk about it, the media is still treating OKC like a feel good story. it will end eventually and frustration and trouble will come in.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

It still baffles me how Presti was able to dismantle a potential dynasty and let James Harden go, when all he had to do was amnesty Perkins.

With Martin gone, they basically let Harden walk for nothing, when they could've easily kept him.

Hell if they felt so strongly about Perkins, they should've just payed the luxury tax to keep Harden.

Really hope OKC doesn't turn into a "what could've been" story.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit
    It still baffles me how Presti was able to dismantle a potential dynasty and let James Harden go, when all he had to do was amnesty Perkins.

With Martin gone, they basically let Harden walk for nothing, when they could've easily kept him.

Hell if they felt so strongly about Perkins, they should've just payed the luxury tax to keep Harden.

Really hope OKC doesn't turn into a "what could've been" story
    Too late. In the past year OKC have demonstrated that money is more important than success. While Perkins is still under contract and the FO isn't willing to hit any luxury tax bills, this team cannot make any moves or winning a championship. 2 more years wasted of the Durant/Westbrook years while they're close to their prime. This is going to go down as one of the worst co[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k ups in NBA history. This team could have been special.
    Last edited by BlazerRed; 07-25-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

And what is funny is the league is paying some of Durant's contract too. The owners approved it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-max-contract/

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit
    I'd say that is on ownership. Perkins still gets paid.

With Martin gone, they basically let Harden walk for nothing
    Got some young players. Remains to be seen what they actually get out of it.

Still a few free agents that can really help the bench for you guys that are getting overlooked.

James Singleton: While not a scorer, would be a great utility guy to have behind Durant at the three.

Craig Smith: Dude is a bruiser and is among the best post scorers a team can just bring off the bench, at least imo. He would be real well next to Ibaka for spurts as well.

Ike Diogu: Similar to Rhino, but not as good of a scorer.

Dionte Christmas/Morris Almond/James Anderson: All scored in or near the 20s for the majority of their time in college. Didn't get much time to show their skill in the pros, but could be some instant offense options.

Corey Maggette: Would have to be trade, but I do believe Maggette still has enough slashing ability to drop about 8 points in 15 minutes or so of action. Might not be great, but a decent option.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

There are others that aren't former Clipps as well.

OKC's front office seems to be struggling now they got a championship level team.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

second coming of the mid 00s Suns. Downhill since trading Harden. Good thing they at least they have lots of youths on the team.

That's a poorly assembled team, and their coach is not a miracle maker by any means, so they're screwed unless Lamb becomes Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I've about lost my patience with Presti and our FO.

Reggie Jackson
    Nick Collison
    Jeremy Lamb
    Derek Fisher
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Perry Jones
    Daniel Orton

We'll still win 55-60 games because Durant and Westbrook are so good, and we'll just overwhelm all the bad teams like we did last year. But every other contender in the West improved. I'm predicting 55-27, 4th or 5th in the West, and a 2nd round exit...at best.

Our front office is wasting another year of Durant and Westbrook's prime. Sat on their hands because they're too f***ing cheap and don't want to pay the luxury tax. I've blindly been trying to defend them all summer but, unless they go out and get someone else that I'm not thinking of, I've had it. We're too short on shooters and our second most talented bench player is virtually a rookie who's going to go through a lot of ups-and-downs this year like most rookies.

Lakers and Boston have something to say about that

Bos Creating a tank
    LAL Barely even have a good 5,their bench is horrible