Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Rosters for Blue vs White USA Basketball showcase game, July 25 in Vegas

Damn seriously disappointed in Cousins from what I have heard/read from other Kings fans (can't find a link to d/l the game anywhere), seemed like more of the same old where he just stop caring on defense in particular........First McLemore struggling in SL now this hopefully it sorts itself out before the season starts.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 07-26-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Rosters for Blue vs White USA Basketball showcase game, July 25 in Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Damn seriously disappointed in Cousins from what I have heard/read from other Kings fans (can't find a link to d/l the game anywhere), seemed like more of the same old where he just stop caring on defense in particular........First McLemore struggling in SL now this hopefully it sorts itself out before the season starts.
    mclemore had a couple bad games but he played very good towards the end of summer league

I rule the local playground

Was it a scrimmage or just an exhibition all star game style?How in the world did they allow 128 points in 40 minutes!That's embarrasing for Thibodeaus team.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    mclemore had a couple bad games but he played very good towards the end of summer league
    Yeah he did but I was expecting a bit more tbh considering at many points during the year he was listed as #1,he only really played 3-4 good quarters out of a possible 20. Imo if Thornton stays he will end up playing the majority of the mins @SG.

Where's Kawhi Leonard?

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty
    Where's Kawhi Leonard?
    Recovering from his tendinitis.

Anthony Davis looked like a superstar out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0biGorFJk just watch that block/coast to coast starting at 0:40. How many players his size can do that in the league? In fact, how many players his size have EVER been able to do that looking so fluid? The list is very short. To think he was compared to Tyson Chandler...

Add to that the defense, rebounding, perfect jump shooting form, and ability to catch any pass over anyone to finish with a quick alley oop... All he needs is a go-to post move and he could become the best PF in the league. And since he already has a good jumpshot, it's not a stretch to imagine he'll develop a KG like fadeaway he can count on night in, night out. It would be relatively easy for him.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Last time around he was criticized for playing too hard and too physically so it may be related to that. It seemed last time around like they wanted to treat the whole thing sort of like an all star game.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Anthony Davis looked like a superstar out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0biGorFJk just watch that block/coast to coast starting at 0:40. How many players his size can do that in the league? In fact, how many players his size have EVER been able to do that looking so fluid? The list is very short. To think he was compared to Tyson Chandler...

Add to that the defense, rebounding, perfect jump shooting form, and ability to catch any pass over anyone to finish with a quick alley oop... All he needs is a go-to post move and he could become the best PF in the league. And since he already has a good jumpshot, it's not a stretch to imagine he'll develop a KG like fadeaway he can count on night in, night out. It would be relatively easy for him.
    He was the consensus number one pick for a reason. He's the complete package. People are quick to dismiss him because he's slight of frame but his ability to impact the game on both ends of the floor is rare. His feel for the game on the offensive end of the floor is often overlooked.

If Davis can knock down that jumper consistently, which he probably will, he could be looking at 20/10 as early as this year. He's going to be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
    Recovering from his tendinitis.
    Leonard with international rules (hand check, more physical off-ball defense) would be an absolute monster on defense.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He was the consensus number one pick for a reason. He's the complete package. People are quick to dismiss him because he's slight of frame but his ability to impact the game on both ends of the floor is rare. His feel for the game on the offensive end of the floor is often overlooked.
    I'm not sure why people are acting surprised that AD is a beast. The guy was one of the best first year collegiate prospects I've seen in the last decade. What impresses me most is his ball handling skills and agility for a big man. There was one moment last night where he outran everyone on the break and looked as smooth as silk doing so.

When you have a guy that athletic... potentially elite shotblocker, great rebounder on both ends, can knock down the midrange jumper so soon in his career...

He's got superstar written all over him. I thought Davis and Kyrie were quite clearly the two best players on the floor last night. They looked like they were a level above the other really good players in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Leonard with international rules (hand check, more physical off-ball defense) would be an absolute monster on defense.
    Leonard with any rules is a beast defensively, but yeah... Especially if he's allowed hand check. The guy's hands are like vicegrips. There haven't been too many players in my 30+ years watching the NBA that I've enjoyed watching play defense more than Kawhi.

Btw, as a Cavs fan, I liked some of what I saw out of Tyler Zeller in the second half. He was moving well and showed nice touch around the basket. It looked like he and Kyrie have developed a nice relationship on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    All he needs is a go-to post move and he could become the best PF in the league. And since he already has a good jumpshot, it's not a stretch to imagine he'll develop a KG like fadeaway he can count on night in, night out. It would be relatively easy for him.
    a lot of guys can shoot it as well as davis does, but few every develop a fadeaway like the one kg has.

i dont think its a given.

lebron spent about 5 years trying to add a go-to post move. dwight has spent his whole career trying to get some simple fluid post moves.

its not easy.

id agree with everything else in your post though. the sky is the limit for davis.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    a lot of guys can shoot it as well as davis does, but few every develop a fadeaway like the one kg has.

i dont think its a given.

lebron spent about 5 years trying to add a go-to post move. dwight has spent his whole career trying to get some simple fluid post moves.

its not easy.

id agree with everything else in your post though. the sky is the limit for davis.
    AD's shooting form is going to make it hard to come up with a fade away even close to KGs.