Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Hawks to sign Macedonian big man Pero Antic

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I'm pretty sure a solid NCAA mens basketball team could compete in Europe

edit: Womens too actually. Griner would go ham

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Don't forget that these days basically every Euroleague player doubles or triples their production when they move to the inferior NBA league.
    you just dont quit. i applaud at least for consistent.

however i ridicule you for being an idiot.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...gn-pero-antic/

Quote from Antic:

This time, for myself, I don’t want to say that I had a chance but didn’t go (to the NBA),” Antic said. “This is for myself, for a bigger challenge, and this is the biggest challenge you can get.”

Antic said he sees himself as a power forward who can spread the floor with his ability to shoot and who will get rebounds. He added that he will play center if that is what the Hawks need him to do.

“Pero is a skilled and versatile big man who will add depth to our frontcourt,” general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement. “He will fit in well with what we’re building and we’re excited to add him to the team.”

Video interview: http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2013/...IEWmov-2550529

Hobbies: cars and tattoos

So Danny Ferry spent 6.7 million on a 32 year old Kyle Korver, spent 4 million on a 34 year old Elton Brand and however much on this guy, instead of giving Andrew Bynum a contract and guaranteeing him more money than Cleveland.

So the Hawks draft John Jenkins and then put him 3rd on the depth chart at shooting guard behind a 32 year old Korver and smallish Louis Williams, when they should have let Jenkins get minutes to see how good he can be and then spent that money on Bynum.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    So Danny Ferry spent 6.7 million on a 32 year old Kyle Korver, spent 4 million on a 34 year old Elton Brand and however much on this guy, instead of giving Andrew Bynum a contract and guaranteeing him more money than Cleveland.

Bynum didn't play last year and his knees aren't getting any better. Not really hard to understand. Cleveland's owner can risk the money.

So the Hawks draft John Jenkins and then put him 3rd on the depth chart at shooting guard behind a 32 year old Korver and smallish Louis Williams, when they should have let Jenkins get minutes to see how good he can be and then spent that money on Bynum.

Jenkins can earn his time. If not there's always the D-League for him. Williams is an inch shorter I think and a proven 6th man. Listed at 215 it doesn't sound like Jenkins is any kind of beast himself. His numbers look decent.