Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking Bad: The Epic Refresher

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Season 4 was the greatest TV event I've ever witnessed, especially that final stretch of six or so episodes. Week after week the show just kept heaving exhilarating moments at the viewer.

But I'm not gonna lie, Season 5 (Part 1) disappointed me. I haven't watched it since it aired, so maybe it will improve upon a repeat viewing, but my hype for season 5 Part 2 is just ever so slightly smaller than my hype for Part 1.

I'm still eagerly anticipating these last 8 episodes, however. I just hope they can replicate, or perhaps even exceed, the quality of season 4. A dynamically amazing ending would probably elevate this show above The Wire for greatest TV program ever.
    Season 5 can only be viewed as disappointing due to how great season 4 was though. Season 4 upped the hype. That said, it is still a great season IMO. That train episode was so amazing. One of the best BB episodes of the series. And the cliff hanger, even if people didn't like how they revealed Hank figuring it out, left just about everybody in a state of anticipation for a year. I have been dying to see it for the past year. I don't think I've anticipated anything more in my life with the exception of when I was anticipating losing my virginity.

Great video. I had forgot some stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Gus comically bad? Maybe I have poor taste, but I think he's one of the greatest characters of all-time. So far its been my favorite show ever, but out of your list I've only seen the Wire and GOT. I love the Wire, and definitely think its close, and it probably is a much deeper show with greater substance, but I just can't say I've been as entertained and excited watching it as as Breaking Bad. Like another poster said, GOT is great but I think its very overrated. In fact, IMO I'd easily take Boardwalk Empire, which doesn't get nearly the same attention, over it. And while you say Breaking Bad only has a few characters, GOT has wayyyy too many characters where unlike the Wire and Boardwalk Empire, its hard to keep track of because of the vastly different world and culture they live in.
    Agreed. I've watched Sopranos (my favorite show prior to BB), Dexter, Lost, Burn Notice, Rescue Me, Law and Order, Suits, and The Walking Dead, but the plot and story line of each episode in Breaking Bad is the finest I have watched. That plus the way it starts and finishes leaves you intrigued and anticipated for the following episode...like no other show I have seen (gotta say, though, Dexter leaves you w/ some serious cliff-hangers).

Words can't really describe BB's brilliance fully. No show compares to this.

Banned

I only finished season 1 and half of season 2 last year. Had to stop because I'm guessing something came up and I was busy. Should be an enjoyable time to marathon the rest of what I haven't seen (which is a lot)

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

^^^

let's follow-up "Alternate reality- Breaking Bad" with
    *Breaking Bread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GnM8vwS-O0

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    one of the greatest shows coming to an end

gyea...

lots of Walt s in the 2-oh...

Dunking on everybody in the park Unstoppabull's Avatar

We are never cooking together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_Kd9ZoA6Q

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I ripped through the first four seasons in like two weeks on Netflix when I first signed up, probably in April. I felt it was a bit overrated at the time, but I admittedly rushed them. Although I also rushed through the Mad Men Series, but that I felt I rushed more because I wanted to. Spots of BB had felt like work.

That said, I just reeled off all of that first half of season five over this past weekend, as it just got released on Netflix. Mostly I wanted to make sure I was up to speed for the ending here, and I'd obviously never seen those 8 or so episodes. I gotta say, I thought they were great. I absolutely loved the train heist. I found Mike a more interesting, gritty, and real feeling character than Gus, who I thoroughly enjoyed, but did feel a little over the top at times. And I have a good feeling about the Lydia character, who seems so emotionally manipulative, that she'll make for a fascinating foil to me. And Jesse also really evolved in that half a season to become a much more fleshed out and realistic feeling character.

Really pumped.

Yeah I loved Mike in this season. He was the only one who seemed to get what Walt was really all about, yet tended to underestimate him at times.

Walt's evolution from sympathetic cancer victim to manipulative egomaniac is brilliant. The guy is evil yet we (the viewers) pull for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Walt's evolution from sympathetic cancer victim to manipulative egomaniac is brilliant. The guy is evil yet we (the viewers) pull for him.
    Around season 4 I stopped rooting for Walt

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Less than a week away, BITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    At this point, Jesse is the character I'm really rooting for. Walt killing Mike is what rubbed me the wrong way about him.

Walt had so many awesome one liners in season 5 though.

"I'm in the empire business."

"Out burying bodies?" ....."Robbing a train"

"Say my name"

"You're Heisenberg"

"...You're god damn right"
    Last edited by Heavincent; 08-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    At this point, Jesse is the character I'm really rooting for. Walt killing Mike is what rubbed me the wrong way about him.

Jesse killing Gale didn't bother you?