Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Can anyone break the most points in a modern game of 81 points....

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Durant will grab a 65-75 point game before his career ends. Whether it takes overtimes or not. 81 is reachable, but I ultimately don't see anybody gunning for it for a while.
    I seriously doubt it. Durant doesn't have the shot creation ability to do it. There's a reason why Durant has never shot over 50% while attempting 30+ FGA, and why he only has two career 50+ point games (with his career high being "only" 52). Even Lebron, who people constantly complained wasn't interested in breaking scoring records, was a more explosive scorer early in his career than Durant.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    ^81 PTs on 46 shots is ridiculous efficiency
    63pts on 46 FGA. Then 18 from the stripe.

Any player that will take 46 shots in one game, along with a handful of free throw attempts can get to 81.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Any player that will take 46 shots in one game, along with a handful of free throw attempts can get to 81.

Not true. He shot pretty well for the game.

Kobe also has a 47 FGA game, and he scored 41 points in that one.

A couple who are capable... but none who:

*find it necessary/appropriate to take ~50 FG attempts.
    *are selfish enough to alienate their teammates for so long
    *are willing to statpadd a little, not all the 81++ points will come within the flow of the game, impossible, you will have to be willing to get as many points as possible even if its a blowout and some minute left in the 4th (like we saw with Kobe there)

81 points isn't a record.

Not airballing my layups anymore iDunkOnFatKids's Avatar

Didn't David Robinson had 71 pts one game with this team-mate force feeding him?

I think it is possible to break 81, if the player is solely gunning for the record or a scoring title.

Banned

I don't think anyone is going to break this record of 81 points. Just too much factors.

Saw a basketball once JTatStarranch's Avatar

How do you get rid of or change the little phrases below my name???

I see almost everyone has them and they're all lame and corney.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    It's actually multiple
    -Most points in a game (modern era)
    -Most points by a Laker
    -Only time 65+ points have been scored without help of refs

Local High School Star

Sure, someone willing to put up nearly 50 FGs who has a decent shooting night. I don't think anyone in the league has the bravado or the crap teammates to shoot that much anymore; maybe Melo if he gets red hot one night.

if a dominate big entered the league right now, they'd possibly be able score 81 imo. imagine if shaq was in his prime right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    define modern.

College superstar

Seriously... what is modern?

In Ishcontext it seems to mean "since my favorite player joined the league".

But there are more people alive today that were old enough to remember the Wilt game (46+ yo) than there are people that were not alive then. So... again... what is modern?