Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Can anyone break the most points in a modern game of 81 points....

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Yea, I don't know if I'd want to shoot that much personally as a player. I'd feel really bad about it when around teammates. Like I was relentlessly selfish. I'd be embarrassed, basically.

With that said, there is a handful of players who have the ABILITY to do it: Durant, Melo, and LeBron.

But I don't think any of them would be that relentlessly selfish during the game to focus exclusively on scoring for the entire game and nothing else. At some point, they will take their foot off the scoring gas and make a concerted effort to get others involved like well rounded players once the defensive is totally focused on them. Especially LeBron. He's done it before.

Melo might do it, he'd have no problem shooting that amount of shots but Bron and Durant are too selfless.

Kobe was sitting in the late 60's, early 70's that game and the Lakers had the game in hand. At that point the "defense" was focused on him, he could've started getting his teammates involved but he he chose not to ... re-watch the game. As I have many times.

It was amazing and captivating when I first watched it, but rewatchability factor makes me like it less and less, and it becomes actually in a basketball sense disturbing to watch. It comes across as very selfish.
    Selfish? **** you. Phil told Kobe to carry the team because the team was shit.

Kobe shooting a bad look was better than Smush Parker shooting a good one and you know it you piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    This is how Calvin and Hobbes ends.

You know this wasn't actually written by the author. Some random fan made it.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Wtf? Thats one of my favorite comics of all time, thats so depressing
    It's fake. Shit had me depressed when I saw it the first time a year ago.

I converted Kobe's 81pts into Wilt/weak Era using a reliable formula and this is what the result..

So Kobe's 81pts in Wilt/Weak Era is equivalent to 243pts.. Fact

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    I converted Kobe's 81pts into Wilt/weak Era using a reliable formula and this is what the result..

So Kobe's 81pts in Wilt/Weak Era is equivalent to 243pts.. Fact

So this wonderfully amazing formula is X x 3? You're a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    So 81 > 100 now

Only on ISH
    Only ISHiots.

Why would anyone have their eye set on breaking 81 points so they could be second place??

Im sure if any basketball player wants to score a bunch of points, they want to score 101, so they can break the record, and be #1

Real ending:

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    So this wonderfully amazing formula is X x 3? You're a genius!

Competition today is x3 better than the 60s weak era.. You're also a genius.. You already guessed the right formula..

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Is there anyone currently that you think can break this record of most points in a game in modern basketball history? I consider this a record more so than Wilt's 100 point game because of the barrage of points Kobe dropped and scoring in every single way.
    this has been talked about before.

There's players that have the ability to break it. But they lack the aggressive and scoring mentality Kobe has.

But it has to be the perfect storm for it to happen.

The circumstances need to be perfect for them to do so.

So it isn't the 'skills' that aren't there, it's the overall circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus
    If LeBron ever took 46 shots, he would score 106pts

Jordan shot the the ball 49 times in a game vs Orlando to only score 64pts and lose.

That Orlando team >>>>>>> the Raptors.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

I agree with posters saying it would have to be an agreement between the team...however it could never happen on a stacked team.

You'd have to have a top 10 player all-time, in his prime, on one of the worst starting 5's..

That player would need to drop like 40 in the first half...

And only then will a team be like "fcuk it, let's give him all the shots to make history"..

That's how it goes down.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Dude scored like 55 points in the second half alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus
    If LeBron ever took 46 shots, he would score 106pts

the guy only scores by dunking on fast breaks, dude can't shoot, hardly will go over 50 ever again in the future, much less if he continues to join the leagues remaining franchise players

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

the guy only scores by dunking on fast breaks, dude can't shoot, hardly will go over 50 ever again in the future, much less if he continues to join the leagues remaining franchise players
    jabbar we miss you

100 pontsis the record
    regardless of what some die hard kobe ******gers say

Kobe will never have the record,
    100 Points is the Official record

Wilt played the Knicks while Kobe got his 81 scoring against the lottery bound Toronto Raptors and an old ass Jalen Rose

and on top of that KOBE Benefitted from having a 3 pt line and rules benefiiting the offensive player and dribbling,traveling,palming rules modified to benefit his style of play

so either way KOBES 81 DOESNT COUNT and it wasnt impressive at all
    ooh he scored on an old ass Jalen Rose and scrubs and he took almost every shot and he had a 3 pt line,NOT IMPRESSED,STill DIDNT GET 100

And also,the modern era isnt 06,if youre just going to make up arbitrary rules to benefit your cause
    then the Modern era started in 2008
    when Durant,Grifffin,Irving,Westbrook,Rondo,Rose emerged

yep the modern era started in 2009,the past era was the SHAQ-Duncan big men,guard scoring era
    the current era is the modern one from 2008 onwards with players trying to be the best all around and most efficient and emphasizing team play
    and where the rules are up to date

SO KOBE DOESNT Have the RECORD IN HISTORY Or the Modern ERA