Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Can anyone break the most points in a modern game of 81 points....

Like its been said before, you'd pretty much need a mutual team/player agreement to do it; and beyond that, the actual player has to be absolutely on fire that day, like all game sliders to 100 on fire. They won't be able to score in the paint, because if it gets bad enough, teams will just pack the paint with all the players they can.
    And that makes Wilt's 100 so impressive, I've read (somewhere years ago) that he got to 100 even with all five players on the other team trying to stop him. I don't care if you're a monster of a man, having five guys try and stop you won't make anything easy. (If I'm wrong and you weren't allowed to double team back then, please correct me, I'm just basing this off my memory).

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Like its been said before, you'd pretty much need a mutual team/player agreement to do it; and beyond that, the actual player has to be absolutely on fire that day, like all game sliders to 100 on fire. They won't be able to score in the paint, because if it gets bad enough, teams will just pack the paint with all the players they can.
    And that makes Wilt's 100 so impressive, I've read (somewhere years ago) that he got to 100 even with all five players on the other team trying to stop him. I don't care if you're a monster of a man, having five guys try and stop you won't make anything easy. (If I'm wrong and you weren't allowed to double team back then, please correct me, I'm just basing this off my memory).
    This is a modern day thread. Completely different game

Truth of the matter is that Wilt went against guys who in today's world would be janitors and plumbers, high school bball coaches, etc

Well, according to my infallible criteria, the modern era started when LeBron (aka: next GOAT) won his first title. Therefore, Kobe's 81 points have to go with the oldies. Sorry.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

I think that feller by the name of 'Meller.

box-and-one.

Lebron does not have the ability to score 70+. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Lebron does not have the ability to score 70+. Fact.
    This is how Calvin and Hobbes ends.

Banned

His shot chart for the night.

That's NBA 2k cheese mode in real life.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Well, according to my infallible criteria, the modern era started when LeBron (aka: next GOAT) won his first title. Therefore, Kobe's 81 points have to go with the oldies. Sorry.

Love Live Life

So 81 > 100 now

Only on ISH

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    So 81 > 100 now

Only on ISH
    Kobe fan boys. At this rate, Kobe will past 20 000 *** riders chamberlain had

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

The only one selfish enough or even cares to alienate the entire team in order to chuck up 40 shots to do it would be Melo and Jennings, but they're not good enough, I think Wilt's record is safe.

KD could do it

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thabisyo
    Kobe fan boys. At this rate, Kobe will past 20 000 *** riders chamberlain had

Except Wilt's were bishes, Kobe's are fa99ot fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    This is how Calvin and Hobbes ends.

Wtf? Thats one of my favorite comics of all time, thats so depressing