Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can anyone break the most points in a modern game of 81 points....

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    ^81 PTs on 46 shots is ridiculous efficiency
    Yeah, but not as good as David Thompson's 73 points on 38 shots. Interesting, they both shot 20 free throws. Kobe had 7 threes and of course Thompson couldn't shoot any back then. If Thompson had taken 46 shots at that efficiency with the same FTA, he would have had 84 points.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    STFU about Kobe. For years it's all this clown has ever talked about.
    I agree.

I believe that the only player capable of breaking Chamberlain's 100 point game, would have been Wilt, himself. I honestly don't believe he ever gave it a second thought, but even as late as his 68-69 season, in a league that averaged 112 ppg, and at age 32, he put up two 60+ point games. His very last 60+ point game was a game in which he scored 66 points on 29-35 shooting from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    It took Kobe 46 FGAs to reach 81 points...

Zach Randolph is the only active player not named Kobe to have 40 FGA in one game.
    Zach Randolph?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Zach Randolph?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...701270MEM.html

Edit: it took 2OT

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I believe that the only player capable of breaking Chamberlain's 100 point game, would have been Wilt, himself. I honestly don't believe he ever gave it a second thought, but even as late as his 68-69 season, in a league that averaged 112 ppg, and at age 32, he put up two 60+ point games. His very last 60+ point game was a game in which he scored 66 points on 29-35 shooting from the field.

Well, nobody's going to take 63 shots in a game either, not even Kobe. Melo might like to, but it won't happen. Imagine if Shaq got 63 shots? He might tire out before then, though.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Is there anyone currently that you think can break this record of most points in a game in modern basketball history? I consider this a record more so than Wilt's 100 point game because of the barrage of points Kobe dropped and scoring in every single way.
    You have to actually try to score that many points. It would need to be a superstar on a non-contending team. It may happen sometime, but it's unlikely any time soon.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

46 attempts against the Raptors

Embarrassing actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Well, nobody's going to take 63 shots in a game either, not even Kobe. Melo might like to, but it won't happen. Imagine if Shaq got 63 shots? He might tire out before then, though.
    Well, as much as like Shaq, how about his career high game?

61 points, on 23-34 shooting. BUT, it came when his 49-11 Lakers blew out the 12-47 Clippers by a 123-103 margin, and in a game in which Sahq played 45 minutes. BTW, he was defended for a few minutes by Michael Olowakandi, a complete bust as an NBA player, then a few minutes by the 6-10 clod, Pete Chilcutt, and then the majority of the game by 6-7 Eric Piatkowski.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Don't you guys know that Wilt paid the Knicks and his teammates to let him score 100

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Of course, when Chamberlain was just obliterating all the scoring records, it came in a league in which many players were doing it.

Oh wait, in Chamberlain's 14 seasons in the NBA, there were a total of 37 60+ point games, and Wilt had 32 of them. Oh, and aside from Wilt, there were only two other players who accomplished a 60+ point game in the Wilt-era.

Sorry...just forget I posted this...
    You're knowledgeable, but still creepily obsessed. You and the OP aren't much different.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    ^81 PTs on 46 shots is ridiculous efficiency
    ts % of .740.

he had a 60 (fg%), 50 (3pt%), 90 (ft%)

Very good NBA starter

That game was such a perfect storm for 81 points to happen. Kobe had 30 at the half and the Lakers were still down by 20 points! My God the Lakers team back then were such garbage. I give all the credit in the world to Phil and Kobe for getting them into the playoffs when they had no business being that good.

a baller as selfish or more selfish hasn't been born yet.

even the likes of Monta, Jennings, and Westbrook can't compare.

Banned

If LeBron ever took 46 shots, he would score 106pts

Jordan shot the the ball 49 times in a game vs Orlando to only score 64pts and lose.