Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Coach Nick poops on Brandon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Why do people feel they gotta rag on coach Nick?

Does anybody have a legit counter argument?

Didn't think so, the Jennings SUCKS straight up.

The is nothing that he brings that is positive.
    Just look at his shooting percentages.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

[QUOTE=Lebron23]Just look at his shooting percentages.[

Just look at his everything.

Coach Nick is an idiot, and that video f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking blows.

Banned

I used to be fond of Coach Nick, though I havent watched him in ages. Even if you think Brandon is bad, he doesnt really make a good argument for it. Some examples being
    He complains about Brandon shooting more long jumpshots than Paul who takes quite a few close jumpers despite the fact that Jenning's adjusted shooting % from long is better than CP3's from short. Jennings strength has almost always been shooting from range.
    He calls Jennings awful in isolations but doesnt really take into consideration the fact that a ton of those shots are bailing out an overall pathetic offense that brought Monta Ellis's true shooting percentage from 54% in his last healthy season in GS to 49% in Milwaukee.
    He actually makes a good point about Jennings inability to finish though.
    Jennings does a good job of putting pressure on defenses, and hes a pretty great drive and kick passer. He definitely makes a positive impact.

Serious playground baller

I posted this vid on the bucks forum and they all seem to agree with him that jennings suck

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Bingo, Guy was fired this year and nobody is shedding a tear for him.

To get a feel for how people in Van Nuys feel about him read the comments section here. http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/201...uselman-fired/

I know more details but won't share, the info is out there for anyone willing to dig for it. The man has issues
    he was a pretty shit coach too. Had good talent and he couldn't win shit

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    he was a pretty shit coach too. Had good talent and he couldn't win shit
    That's because he kept trying to force the Triangle down the kids throats. High school kids don't want that sh*t they want to run they want to shoot they want to make cool plays not pass the ball around for 20 seconds.

I watched one of their games and he was yelling at them to slow it up on fast breaks and "work the plays" Kids were looking at him like he was nuts. Parents were pissed off such a fiasco

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

That's because he kept trying to force the Triangle down the kids throats. High school kids don't want that sh*t they want to run they want to shoot they want to make cool plays not pass the ball around for 20 seconds.

I watched one of their games and he was yelling at them to slow it up on fast breaks and "work the plays" Kids were looking at him like he was nuts. Parents were pissed off such a fiasco
    BTW, do you know what kind of bullying coach Dick was doing? You seem pretty close to the situation.

Sounds like a horrible coach with a big unwarranted ego. The triangle is never run in high school for a reason. He isn't some genius who was the first to think of running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    BTW, do you know what kind of bullying coach Dick was doing? You seem pretty close to the situation.
    I rather not say because all I have heard is rumors. So to be fair I'll just stick to he wasn't well liked.

I will say because it's public record the whole school was in some trouble about the same time with accusations of racism and turning away students that it didn't deem as Birmingham High "quality" It's a Charter School tied to LAUSD receiving public money so theoretically they can't be cherry picking who goes to the school. If you meet the academic standards the school requires to attend then you should be allowed to enroll in the school but they were getting a little too picky. I understand some of that sense of we're above the rules spilled over into the sports programs.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Sounds like a horrible coach with a big unwarranted ego. The triangle is never run in high school for a reason. He isn't some genius who was the first to think of running it.
    On that level you don't have the time, you're still trying to instill basic basketball fundamentals in most the kids. You want a system that's easy to learn, easier to apply, keeps the kids engaged and flows from year to year as some kids mature and new ones come in.

Hey its all true...

I stopped taking this guy seriously when he said that average D1 schools were as good as Euroleague teams.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Why do people feel they gotta rag on coach Nick?

Does anybody have a legit counter argument?
    At 1.20 it says he takes 18% of his shots form within 17 feet. At 1.50 it says he takes 32% of his shots from around the basket. Besides that he always nit-picks the negative stats. He complains about 37.5% 3pt shooting like it is a bad thing. He says his AST/TO ratio is only good because he throws up bad shots before he can turn the ball over. And where do the 6.5 assists fit into that equation?

On that level you don't have the time, you're still trying to instill basic basketball fundamentals in most the kids. You want a system that's easy to learn, easier to apply, keeps the kids engaged and flows from year to year as some kids mature and new ones come in.
    The triangle's a little much, but the high schoolers I ref for are hardly without "basic basketball fundamentals." And many of them run a pretty sweet offense, pretty intelligently. Not anything super-complex (though I question how difficult the triangle really is), but there's a ton of movement and they're often getting good shots from it.

And I know their coaches, and I know why. If Coach Nick has a bunch of cocky hotheads who don't want to learn how to move without the ball and earn good shots for themselves and their teammates, they're not going to win with any coach.

And as for "that level," dumbed-down ball is dumbed-down ball. I've seen high schoolers run a fairly complex offense beautifully... and I've seen Mike Brown's teams. Scott Brooks' teams. The idea that you're saving motion and passing for the "next level" is utter foolishness. People just don't want to have to contain themselves in a greater whole and spend a bit of time learning a system - at any age. But you have to.