Good High School Starter

Default Just curious, do NBA players wear the same uniform the entire season?

or do they get a new one every couple games or something? same with shoes, how often do NBA players wear new shoes?

Default Re: Just curious, do NBA players wear the same uniform the entire season?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Just curious, do NBA players wear the same uniform the entire season?

I don't know about jerseys, but I read that some wear a new pair of shoes every game. Not all, tho, and I would guess it's preference.

lol

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'm sure some wear the same jersey for multiple games, but it seems hard to believe that some might wear one the entire season; although I'm sure some player at some time has (superstitions and all).
    P.S. it would be hard to wear the same one for 82 games because of Home/Away/Alternate jerseys.

Love Live Life

They do. They don't wash them after a win either. Some kind of superstition

do you wear the same underwear everyday?

anyways... Amir Johnson wore the same warm up shirt every game last year, closest thing that came to mind.

NBA Superstar

I assume they have an endless supply of uniforms at their disposal these days. However, I'd be more curious to how it worked 20 years ago and further. I think they had to make them go a little bit longer back then and did not keep backups in reserve (hence MJ rocking a generic #12 when his jersey was stolen pre-game).

Also, I mentioned this in another thread today but Isiah Thomas wore a jersey with his full name on it one season in the late 80's. Why? Because there was a Jim Thomas in training camp but he was cut and never made an appearance with the Pistons. I at least have to wonder, did Isiah have a jersey made during the preseason and rock it all year? Or did he keep "Isiah" on subsequent jerseys just because he liked it?

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    or do they get a new one every couple games or something? same with shoes, how often do NBA players wear new shoes?

Are you an idiot?

For the most parts, players reuse the same jerseys the whole season. I think they have a set just in case one gets lost. When Gilbert Arenas was throwing his jerseys into the stands every game in his prime, the Wizards started charging him money for the jerseys he threw into the stands.

He originally threw his shoes in the stands because the jerseys were too expensive to throw in the stands.

Banned

multiple jerseys , they get washed an re-used

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

My guess is they have 8-10 of each jersey that they rotate/wash throughout the season.

As for shoes, I think that's on the player. I don't see players wearing new shoes every game though, as many shoes take time to "work in". I certainly wouldn't want to wear a new pair of shoes every game.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    My guess is they have 8-10 of each jersey that they rotate/wash throughout the season.

As for shoes, I think that's on the player. I don't see players wearing new shoes every game though, as many shoes take time to "work in". I certainly wouldn't want to wear a new pair of shoes every game.
    yeah, my guess would be a player uses 10 different home uniform sets and 10 away sets per season.......25 jerseys and shorts sets seems possible to me..............my guess would be, that those jerseys only can be washed 3 or 4 times before the numbers fall off..............those new heat applied mesh numbers...........

Players break in their new PE shoes given for free from shoe manufacturers in practices and shootarounds. Its enough break-in to definitely be wearing a new pair every 3-4 games or so.