Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland.

I see no way this is a risk for Cleveland. The only one that will suffer is Dan Gilbert's wallet. If anyone took a risk, it was Philly. And they ended up getting prison raped

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Cavs are wasting cash on Bynum. If Bynum was sure of his capacity to play the game, and his overall well-being he would have practiced for other teams and would have shown this. AKA not leaving potential money on the table and finding a suitable contender. He's still f'cked up and that's a fact. You don't play hide and seek in this league.

Good luck Cleveland. Hopefully a miracle of god happens. If not, ohh well, more money wasted on a bum. 76ers were glad not to sign him back. Plus Mike Brown is there - both him and Bynum had beef when Bynum was a Laker.

At least the signing got RedBlack happy. Cavs need a boost - even if by a long shot. Risk is risk.
    How is it a risk? Please explain. Cavs have protected themselves with the structure of the contract.

The reason I'm excited isn't just because of the signing... It's because the contract has been put together so well. I don't see any way that this can hurt the Cavs. Unless you think Elton Brand is far more valuable than Bynum at this stage.

Cavs are wasting cash on Bynum. If Bynum was sure of his capacity to play the game, and his overall well-being he would have practiced for other teams and would have shown this. AKA not leaving potential money on the table and finding a suitable contender. He's still f'cked up and that's a fact. You don't play hide and seek in this league.

Good luck Cleveland. Hopefully a miracle of god happens. If not, ohh well, more money wasted on a bum. 76ers were glad not to sign him back. Plus Mike Brown is there - both him and Bynum had beef when Bynum was a Laker.

At least the signing got RedBlack happy. Cavs need a boost - even if by a long shot. Risk is risk.
    do you understand what guaranteed money, and team options are?

if you do, how can you see it as a risk?

we are getting potentially the 2nd best center in the league for 6 million guaranteed. how is that a risk not worth taking
    Last edited by chips93; 07-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really don't see any risk with this move. If he sits out all year? Don't exercise the team option. Basically, it was Bynum or a guy like Elton Brand or some other veteran with no upside.

Cavs just landed Andrew Bynum for roughly the same amount of guaranteed money as they paid for Jarrett Jack.

If he does come out and perform well, we have him locked in for at least two years. If not, cut him loose with no consequences and increased cap space.

Chris Grant

Cavs roster:

PG - Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack
    SG - Dion Waiters / CJ Miles
    SF - Alonzo Gee / Earl Clark / Sergey Karasev
    PF - Tristan Thompson / Anthony Bennett
    C - Andrew Bynum / Anderson Varejao / Tyler Zeller

So much versatility here... That bench is amazing.

right that bench is prolly one of the deepest on paper and depending on how anthony bennett pans out they might get 5th seed in the playoffs .. even without bynum that cavs roster is already a playoff team.

its kinda crazy that if everybody is healthy (which realistically is unlikely), one or more of anthony bennett, anderson varejao, tristan thompson, and andrew bynum will be getting less than 24mpg.

last year we had guys like samardo samuels, tyler zeller and (gulp) luke walton getting minutes in the big man rotation.

thats a pretty amazing upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really don't see any risk with this move. If he sits out all year? Don't exercise the team option. Basically, it was Bynum or a guy like Elton Brand or some other veteran with no upside.

Cavs just landed Andrew Bynum for roughly the same amount of guaranteed money as they paid for Jarrett Jack.

If he does come out and perform well, we have him locked in for at least two years. If not, cut him loose with no consequences and increased cap space.

Chris Grant

Cavs roster:

PG - Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack
    SG - Dion Waiters / CJ Miles
    SF - Alonzo Gee / Earl Clark / Sergey Karasev
    PF - Tristan Thompson / Anthony Bennett
    C - Andrew Bynum / Anderson Varejao / Tyler Zeller

So much versatility here... That bench is amazing.
    Its Bynum there is always risk involved with him.

Its not a huge risk no doubt. But a risk nonetheless. How does he perform when he is on the floor? Has the year off humbled him or does he feel he is as good as he thinks he is? So he will try to command/control the team when honestly its Kyrie Irvings team not his? Will he buy into what Clev and Mike Brown are trying to establish? If so for how long?

And you say there is no risk involved with Bynum? Come on RBA. I hope it works out but you gotta be cautious with this guy even if he makes it on the court for yall.

NBA Finals

If Bynum can rebound the ball and play defense like he used to he is everything we need.

I know this is far fetched, but I hope this Cavs team tears LeBron* and the rest of the Heat organization and fanboys a very large a$$hole.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Too many posters to reply to.

How is throwing money away not risk? That's the first risk when you sign a player. Whether by little or by a lot. Last I checked anything above 1 mill is a lot. I guess I forgot that's pocket change for ISH.

Sometimes having a crappy center is better than having a center sidelined for the whole season. Even if no money is lost.

So there is risk. Whether people subjectively look at it as minimal is another thing entirely. Hopefully he at least plays a full game...hopefully.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-10-2013 at 09:11 PM.

bynum said he hasnt ruled out returning to philly in the future to continue his bowling career

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    bynum said he hasnt ruled out returning to philly in the future to continue his bowling career
    F*ck you.

fwiw the cavs still have 2.5 million in the MLE to spend

maybe throw a deal at gary neal to be a backup shooting guard?

Too many posters to reply to.

How is throwing money away not risk? That's the first risk when you sign a player. Whether by little or by a lot. Last I checked anything above 1 mill is a lot. I guess I forgot that's pocket change for ISH.

Sometimes having a crappy center is better than having a center sidelined for the whole season. Even if no money is lost.

So there is risk. Whether people subjectively look at it as minimal is another thing entirely.
    1 million evidently isnt a lot to dan gilbert

of course there is some risk, but its totally worth it. there is a risk i could get hit by a car tomorrow, but im not gonna sit inside all day.

the risk is totally worth the potential reward

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

Amico said to keep an eye out for them in the AK47 run...not sure how it could get done but that'd be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

Waste. With Jack/Miles, there is no room for a Gary Neal.