Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    You people are so retarded Mavs did not offer a contract! They turned down Bynum!
    Mavs still haven't had much luck at all since 2011. The Calderon signing was almost a cry for help. Cleveland got Jack for a cheaper price and he is younger and a legit 6th man of the year candidate

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

You people are so retarded Mavs did not offer a contract! They turned down Bynum!
    Enjoy watching your team slowly turn into a lottery team.

[COLOR="White"]Waits for a Lakers joke.[/COLOR]

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    for perspective, the money guaranteed on bynums contract, is the same as what the cavs paid luke walton last season

from jason llyod
    It's great for the Cavs...going to be a fun ass team this year.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    i dont get whats so hard to understand. Mavs didnt match the 6 mill......

it was their choice.. its not like bynum chose cavs over mavs. mavs didnt even bring up an offer
    Still continuing to miss out on the best talent in FA, whether self inflicted or not

Turning down Bynum is as bad as missing out on him IMO.

6 million of the contract is guaranteed in the first year, and the second year is a team option

according to woj
    This means he didnt get any big offers from teams. And he was even more smart not to workout for teams knowing the potential money he could have thrown away. Unless he did that by not working out.

Anyway, thats a good deal by Cleveland because if he crashes and burns? He's not making a ton of $$$$ on you.

I wonder if say Cleveland picked up the team option how much of that would be worth.

Like the risk Cleveland is taking. And even if Bynum doesnt play by chance you still have a Andy V. More than capable Center.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Mavs still haven't had much luck at all since 2011. The Calderon signing was almost a cry for help. Cleveland got Jack for a cheaper price and he is younger and a legit 6th man of the year candidate
    Calderon is a legit starter in the league and a solid point guard. Wonderful locker room leader as well and going to fit well with Dirk. Got Jose and Devin for 10 mill a year and very happy about it.

2011 was an awesome year and just having a guy like Dirk walking through that hallway is plenty of luck. He's won everything there is to win.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Enjoy watching your team slowly turn into a lottery team.

[COLOR="Pink"]Waits for a Lakers joke.[/COLOR]

Wait...wait...tell me how many fewer games did the 12-13 Mavs win than the 12-13 Lakers? Jeez look at that disparity in roster and stars

Wait...wait...tell me how many fewer games did the 12-13 Mavs win than the 12-13 Lakers? Jeez look at that disparity in roster and stars
    Aren't you a Lakers fan ? I think I've seen you mention that before on here.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Calderon is a legit starter in the league and a solid point guard. Wonderful locker room leader as well and going to fit well with Dirk. Got Jose and Devin for 10 mill a year and very happy about it.

2011 was an awesome year and just having a guy like Dirk walking through that hallway is plenty of luck. He's won everything there is to win.
    Ok.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Aren't you a Lakers fan ? I think I've seen you mention that before on here.
    Yup been a Lakers fan for like...12 years. Becoming less of a LA fan as the days go on though. But getting into the Mavs way more...my hometown team.

white text doe

Da Mavs

white text doe
    Haha I saw it...even made it pink

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    This means he didnt get any big offers from teams. And he was even more smart not to workout for teams knowing the potential money he could have thrown away. Unless he did that by not working out.

Anyway, thats a good deal by Cleveland because if he crashes and burns? He's not making a ton of $$$$ on you.

I wonder if say Cleveland picked up the team option how much of that would be worth.

Like the risk Cleveland is taking. And even if Bynum doesnt play by chance you still have a Andy V. More than capable Center.
    I really don't see any risk with this move. If he sits out all year? Don't exercise the team option. Basically, it was Bynum or a guy like Elton Brand or some other veteran with no upside.

Cavs just landed Andrew Bynum for roughly the same amount of guaranteed money as they paid for Jarrett Jack.

If he does come out and perform well, we have him locked in for at least two years. If not, cut him loose with no consequences and increased cap space.

Chris Grant

Cavs roster:

PG - Kyrie Irving / Jarrett Jack
    SG - Dion Waiters / CJ Miles
    SF - Alonzo Gee / Earl Clark / Sergey Karasev
    PF - Tristan Thompson / Anthony Bennett
    C - Andrew Bynum / Anderson Varejao / Tyler Zeller

So much versatility here... That bench is amazing.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-10-2013 at 08:47 PM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Cavs are wasting cash on Bynum. If Bynum was sure of his capacity to play the game, and his overall well-being he would have practiced for other teams and would have shown this. AKA not leaving potential money on the table and finding a suitable contender. He's still f'cked up and that's a fact. You don't play hide and seek in this league.

Good luck Cleveland. Hopefully a miracle of god happens. If not, ohh well, more money wasted on a bum. 76ers were glad not to sign him back. Plus Mike Brown is there - both him and Bynum had beef when Bynum was a Laker.

At least the signing got RedBlack happy. Cavs need a boost - even if by a long shot. Risk is risk.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-10-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Excellent signing.

Cavs to win the Central?