Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Lakers Legends Rip Dwight

Dwight is a great player and will be top 3 in this league IMO. However, the way he handled the Laker team, the office, the fans -- all say one thing.

Dwight just doesn't respond well to pressure.

He's going to have a career season this year in Houston. I would be surprised if Houston gets out of the first round of the playoffs next season. Dwight persevering through a tough situation, leading, is something anyone has yet to see.

Dog Kobe all you want. He may not have made the wisest decisions every play, but he always faced the game head on.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Yawwn..Shaq has always had a big mouth.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Yawwn..Shaq has always had a big mouth.
    Yea and so has Kareem right?

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Why can't it just be that Dwight Howard picked the team with the brighter future?

Even with Howard who (besides Lakers fans) thought they had any chance to challenge for the Western conference title? That team's window closed once Kobe snapped his Achilles.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Why can't it just be that Dwight Howard picked the team with the brighter future?

Even with Howard who (besides Lakers fans) thought they had any chance to challenge for the Western conference title? That team's window closed once Kobe snapped his Achilles.
    He wasn't even a Laker for one year. Nobody knows what the Lakers could have done to improve or who they would sign in the offseason. He never embraced being a Laker or even gave it a shot. That's why there's so much backlash. Team's fortunes can change quickly, if I asked you who had the better future 2 years ago between the Lakers and Rockets you'd say the Lakers. Dwight wanted no part in working towards something and he didn't even pretend to try while he was in LA.

Why can't people admit to Dwight's faults?

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Why can't people admit to Kobe's? Dwight just sped the process of bailing on him up.

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Why can't people admit to Kobe's? Dwight just sped the process of bailing on him up.
    Not speaking for everybody, but I always do. Guy is a horrible "leader" and fake tough-guy.

Not speaking for everybody, but I always do. Guy is a horrible "leader" and fake tough-guy.
    Inb4 Kobe Kidz

I guess it's usually because his positives outweigh the negatives, so it's good enough to not admit his clownish behavior.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

LMAO at those 'can not handle pressure/spotlight' bullshit. Houston is a better team with a better chance of success. Simple as that. Lakers are screwed for the next few years. Good luck with Kobe as 1st option.

The Legends weren't talking about him leaving. They were talking about how unskilled he is on offense and that he's not a good offensive player at all. Dwight is an athletic Tyson Chandler at best.

Horrible leaders don't win back-to-back finals MVPs.

Fake tough guys don't walk out on a torn Achilles and wet two clutch FTs.

Take your L, fakkit.