Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Why Wasn't Chris Webber greater?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Do you realize he was drafted to play with Shaq in Orlando?
    History would have changed. Shaq may have gone down as the greatest player ever
    I always wondered what could have happened. Webber and Shaq would be pretty unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I always wondered what could have happened. Webber and Shaq would be pretty unstoppable.
    That combo rivals Shaq/Kobe and possibly better that Robinson/Duncan during that time period if Webber and Shaq played into that era. the whole outlook of the 90's would have been different.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

My favorite what if about that draft was that at the top of the second round they landed Nick Van Excel, who I loved coming out of Cincy. I always wondered if they could've rescinded the trade for Hardaway after they found out Van Excel had fallen, and just kept those three.

I still think Shaq and Webb maybe would've gotten in each others way a little, but it would've been fun to see them try to figure it out. Webb eventually turned into a real high post player, maybe it just would've happened sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    My favorite what if about that draft was that at the top of the second round they landed Nick Van Excel, who I loved coming out of Cincy. I always wondered if they could've rescinded the trade for Hardaway after they found out Van Excel had fallen, and just kept those three.

I still think Shaq and Webb maybe would've gotten in each others way a little, but it would've been fun to see them try to figure it out. Webb eventually turned into a real high post player, maybe it just would've happened sooner.
    In an offensive scheme I think it could have worked. Grant was high post and was effective with Shaq. Webber would have done it much better AND could have been more productive on the glass which was an area for improvement outside of Shaq.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    In an offensive scheme I think it could have worked. Grant was high post and was effective with Shaq. Webber would have done it much better AND could have been more productive on the glass which was an area for improvement outside of Shaq.
    This. Webbber was that high post player, liked to take the jump shot, but could also face up and drive too. I like the Robinson Duncan comparison except these two would get to grow together and would be in their primes, not after one had been injured.

My question now becomes is Webber still known as a choker? Does he step up and carry the team games Shaq fouls out or gets injured? Or do this situation even come up with Shaq and C Webb playing together.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    injuries. he was hurt almost every year.
    Surprised it took until the second page for someone to say this.