Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Woj: 3 team trade between Clips, PHX, Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    They could move Dragic to SG, he definitely has shown some amazing go-to scoring talent at times, and definitely has the size to play #2 as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflb0n7JcSQ

Look at those moves... if he can keep the confidence to do that consistently he can be Manu Ginobili 2.0.

But at the same time he shows so much potential at the PG position.... his passing/playmaking is so Steve Nash esque at times it makes me wonder if having him at SG could be wasted potential. I'm so torn. Either way, I don't think the Suns management is stupid enough to trade him after begging him to come back home last year, and after he worked his ass off more than anyone on the team trying his ass off to win even when the season was lost.. He is a fan favorite here and basically the only one on the team that's shown legit superstar potential. Trading him would be a huge mistake.
    Fair enough, but you want a guy taller than 6 feet 1 playing SG is what I'm saying. Maybe Bledsoe is athletic enough and good enough on defense to overcome the size? Who knows.

I don't think Suns made out too bad in the trade, I think they got the guy with the most upside and athleticism. And if they are playing him next to Dragic, well I guess they do have a plan...

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

The more I think about it, I'm really liking this trade for LAC. Especially w/ Doc Rivers at the helm. I think Dudley is way underrated and an upgrade over Butler in pretty much every aspect. Losing Bledsoe hurts, sure, and they have no true starting SG. But Willie Green, Reddick, and Crawford are a pretty dang formidable rotation to play off CP3 or spell CP3.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    They could move Dragic to SG, he definitely has shown some amazing go-to scoring talent at times, and definitely has the size to play #2 as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflb0n7JcSQ

Look at those moves... if he can keep the confidence to do that consistently he can be Manu Ginobili 2.0.

But at the same time he shows so much potential at the PG position.... his passing/playmaking is so Steve Nash esque at times it makes me wonder if having him at SG could be wasted potential. I'm so torn. Either way, I don't think the Suns management is stupid enough to trade him after begging him to come back home last year, and after he worked his ass off more than anyone on the team trying his ass off to win even when the season was lost.. He is a fan favorite here and basically the only one on the team that's shown legit superstar potential. Trading him would be a huge mistake.
    I was thinking about that too. Even Coach hunter said he wants Dragic to take a bigger role in the scoring dept. But i think what makes dragic who he is, is that hes is a bigger PG, that can score when needed but also play make, defend, and pass. Moving him to the two can work, but in my opinion hes always been more beneficial at the 1.

I'm shocked at how little the Clippers are getting in this trade. Everyone was falling all over each other to suck off Bledsoe last season. [COLOR="White"]me included[/COLOR]

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    The more I think about it, I'm really liking this trade for LAC. Especially w/ Doc Rivers at the helm. I think Dudley is way underrated and an upgrade over Butler in pretty much every aspect. Losing Bledsoe hurts, sure, and they have no true starting SG. But Willie Green, Reddick, and Crawford are a pretty dang formidable rotation to play off CP3 or spell CP3.

Just curious, as a kings fan, would you be down for Dragic for a S/T Evans?

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Just curious, as a kings fan, would you be down for Dragic for a S/T Evans?
    who said I'm a Kings fan...?

Jk.

I'm one of the rare Isaiah Thomas fans. I understand his flaws of not having shown he can run a team, but his PER was 16th in the league among all PGs (better than Jrue and Lillard) and he some really good skills. But I'd be content w/ him coming off the bench as a tempo/energy guy.

Dragic would be great for running the offense, but that wouldn't resolve the giant backlog of guards the Kings have, specifically point guards. It'd be Dragic, Isaiah, Toney Douglas, Ray McCallum, and Jimmer (he's not fooling anyone as a SG). Two would have to go, probably Isaiah and Jimmer. Douglas is a great defender - up new coach Mike Malone's alley - and McCallum seems to be pretty popular among the coaching staff and front office (i dont think they're blowing PR smoke, I think they really like him).

So I'd have mixed feelings. I'd just hope Isaiah could go somewhere where he gets the rep and pub he deserves. But I think Dragic would be good for the team. And I won't miss Tyreke. I've been calling for his trade the past 2 seasons under Smart. Though I think he'd actually fit well under Malone now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    #freeDragic

dude gets shafted everywhere he goes
    Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    This. I'm convinced the majority of GM's don't know what the hell they're going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    yee thats crazy. i posted that before the OP put who went where. and since there were a bunch of reports coming out that said the bucks were interested in bledsoe, all signs pointed to them getting him. still dont get this for the suns.
    Quote Originally Posted by LosScandalous
    everybody got worse
    Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Them and the Raptors. I still have no clue what good it did to trade for Rudy Gay. Now they can't even tank properly because he's just good enough to keep them in the 8-10 range in the East.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

Suns future is looking bright!

We making the playoffs next season!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    suns need to package dragic and beasley for afflalo

decided to package all the stupid suns-related posts into 1 (plus 1 about the raptors just for good measure)

to all of you

Banned

Not bad, clippers could have gotten GRANGER though! wtf

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

The Suns now have 4 points in Dragic, Bledsoe, Marshall, Goodwin.

Someone has to go. I for one am thinking Bledsoe will be packaged with Gortat in a trade. Either that or Dragic is going, which I on a fan level will disapprove on.
    Dragic is a good player to have on this Suns team, and i mean long term. Plus the Suns are high on Goodwin, with Marshall most prolly considered expendable at this point.

Bledsoe is a trading asset for a bigger trade, that i believe.

Decent college freshman

Suns got the better end of this trade but surely they will move him again.

The Suns only good position is PG. I dont see Bledsoe and Dragic playing well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Yea, Dudley is an underrated piece here. If he wasn't playing on the Suns last year and had of being on a championship calibre team, people would be going nuts over him.

Learning to shoot layups

Suns new management want the Dragic/Bledsoe backcourt, Bledsoe isn't being moved again.

ONLY if the right deal comes along the Suns want to use a Dragic/Gortat trade package. Scola can also be moved after July 15th.

The odd man out at PG is Kendall Marshall. Word is the locker room was a mess last season because of Beasley/Morris Twins/Marshall. Complaining about playing time, not listening to vets, coaches etc. etc.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Suns got the better end of this trade but surely they will move him again.

The Suns only good position is PG. I dont see Bledsoe and Dragic playing well together.
    yes the Suns should be looking to move one of them.
    else it will be another TJ ford Calderon or Dragic Lowry tandem.

for the post above. Yes Dudley is a good piece for any team. He shoots well, D well, hustle, and what's most significant about him is he brings good positive attitude, on and off the court. a smart player and a great locker room guy. Not someone you would call gifted or talented at the Nba level, but a determined player who doesn't backs down on competition. Good pickup for the clipps

McDonough doin work...

Can Bledsoe play the 2 though?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

They will both play, Dragic will play PG on offense and Bledsoe off guard, on defense Dragic will guard 2's and Bledsoe will guard the opposing PG....I don't think it will work though.