Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: I hate to take the air out of Nets balloon BUT

Really in Boston there was no bigman of Lopez calibare or a SG of JJ. Overall I think this team has the pieces on boths sides of the ball to be good.

Local High School Star

LOL Knicks fans...

THEY SCARED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brook(lyn)Lopez
    LOL Knicks fans...

THEY SCARED!!!!!
    They are scared, mad and panicking, what else do you expect from fans from such an overrate franchise?

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

But.. but... Melo won the scoring title last year

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

The Nets are low on athleticism and that could lead to big problems vs. the Heat but I don't see how the Knicks beating the Cs in 6 gives Knicks a reason for confidence now that Pierce and KG are joining Williams (Cs didn't have Rondo), Lopez and JJ. Knicks have to hope that the weapons don't gel because they have five potential starters that can both shoot as well as create offense. If Pierce or KG were in their 20s they would be a serious threat to Miami.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
    But.. but... Melo won the scoring title last year

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If Pierce or KG were in their 20s they would be a serious threat to Miami.
    if the above were reality, the nets would sweep the heat.

right now we're realistically behind the heat. even my homer side can't say we're better than the heat right now. they are too fast for us and if one of our stars goes down, it won't be pretty.

Pierce may be close to done (he might still be able to thrive in a limited role though), however KG was again a top 5 defender last year in terms of impact, so you could easily get a couple more great years from him on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The Nets are low on athleticism and that could lead to big problems vs. the Heat but I don't see how the Knicks beating the Cs in 6 gives Knicks a reason for confidence now that Pierce and KG are joining Williams (Cs didn't have Rondo), Lopez and JJ. Knicks have to hope that the weapons don't gel because they have five potential starters that can both shoot as well as create offense. If Pierce or KG were in their 20s they would be a serious threat to Miami.
    Indeed. Actually most nets fans are realistic at the fact that we are still not gonna beat the Heat in a 7 games series with this current squad without further trades/FA Signings. No idea why Knicks fans get so cocky though, perhaps thats the way they normally are.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

IF kg and pierce were in their 20's LoL ... it would be a massacre... seriously

Kg with a washed up latrell and and injured sam casell beat the ol might lakers twice in WCF. just imagine KG with prime Pierce and deron williams plus an all star center ... would have been 4 peat hahahahaha

Yup OP, I'm just terrified of JR Smith, the dude who shot 33% in the playoffs

OP is all giddy after his team FINALLY wins a playoff series (first time in about a decade) against a Rondo-less Celtics team.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 06-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.

I really like the Garnett-Lopez frontcourt tandem. KG is still one of the best paint defenders in the league and still has that mid-to-long range J which will help spread the floor for Lopez.

Not sure about DW, JJ, and PP being on the floor at the same time, though. Too many ball handlers and mediocre defenders.

On Paper right now the Nets have the edge on the Knicks. The only clear advantage the Knicks have with each Starting five is Melo.

KG is clearly maybe a year away from hanging it up but Pierce in a limited role could play a few more years.

Eastern Confernce next season will be very interesting with the Nets, Knicks, Bulls and Pacers fighting take down Miami.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    Before JR smith elbowed Jason Terry, the Knicks were on their way to EMBARASSING the Celtics and up until that point, kg+pierce were Horrible. KG played ALRIGHT the rest of the series, but as the Knicks were blowing the doors off the celtics for the 1st 3 games, everyone was saying how OLD AND DECREPID pierce and kg were.

Now everybody on ISH is getting a woody because the nets didnt give up any NBA talent for 2 aging hall of famers? If this was 2008- OK YEAH. But watch how Shumpert LOCKED DOWN Pierce in the playoffs to the point that pierce became a very-bad spot up shooter; could NOT EVEN dribble the ball anywhere near Shumpert.

Kg had his moments against a very weak Knicks front court that included a banged up Chandler.

Its funny when the Knicks gave up all those 1st round picks years ago, we were mocked and laughed at; but now the Nets give up 1st round picks till kingdom come and its not a big deal.

Best of luck Net fans, the Knicks are building from within and shumpert+hardaway JR is going to be a nice backcourt for the next 10 years.

And nope, I'm not mad, I'm actually elated that the Nets AARP team will be sucking wind while Shumpert, Melo and Hardaway JR is going APE SHIT !

You know what, now that you brought it up, it is even more hilarious now that the Knicks gave up all those draft picks. The furthest they have gone since then is the First Round right?

So they gave up all those picks just to be a mediocre team.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Stop generalizing Knick fans with one or two posters. The thoughts of a few dont extend to the whole fan base on this board. [/COLOR]