Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rumor: LMA wants off the Blazers, lists Bulls as desired destination

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Not trying to discredit what Noah brought and how depleted their team was but lets not act like getting to the 2nd round is anything special. And it really was the collective effort of the entire team that got them there.
    but why would you trade something that's certain to work for uncertainty.

Default Re: Rumor: LMA wants off the Blazers, lists Bulls as desired destination

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Portland is going to want picks and young players. That trade doesn't help them rebuild.
    That's where you're wrong.

Deng comes off the books after this year. That is 14 mill right there of capspace, then adding taj would still leave around the 5 mill a year space and a young PF the Blazers can certainly use.

Perhaps bulls should do Hinrich and Taj and someone else to make up salaries? Throw in this years pick and the charlotte pick that could get it done.

Saw a basketball once

Trade any one not name Noah, Rose & Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    but why would you trade something that's certain to work for uncertainty.
    What do you mean "certain to work"? They have not won anything yet. They havnt even been to the finals. And it's not like Aldridge is unproven or anything.

Bulls need to find a way to make this work.

Aldridge and Noah would be a perfect combo, Aldridge hitting his turnaround jumpers and Noah going to work on the inside and hitting the boards. Aldridge is a reliable first or second scoring option to put alongside Rose and a guy who will at least provide decent defense unlike Boozer.

If we can pull it off without losing Butler, Rose or Noah, we will have the team that can go all the way and an unquestionable contender. Good balance of offense and defense, with good spacing and the right players playing with each other.

Banned

strumming his pain with his finger killing me softly with his song

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The Bulls are on a 64.4 win pace when Derrick Rose plays since 2010.

I dont think the team needs fixing enough to give up your best defensive player for a better scorer. We probably win 60-65 games healthy without a trade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Bulls need to find a way to make this work.

Aldridge and Noah would be a perfect combo, Aldridge hitting his turnaround jumpers and Noah going to work on the inside and hitting the boards. Aldridge is a reliable first or second scoring option to put alongside Rose and a guy who will at least provide decent defense unlike Boozer.

If we can pull it off without losing Butler, Rose or Noah, we will have the team that can go all the way and an unquestionable contender. Good balance of offense and defense, with good spacing and the right players playing with each other.
    Bulls are not going to make it work if none of those guys are involved. Bulls just do not have the necessary assets to make this happen. Why do the Blazers trade their star big for anything other than those guys?

who are the other teams on that "list"

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I dont think the team needs fixing enough to give up your best defensive player for a better scorer. We probably win 60-65 games healthy without a trade at all.
    Not really worried about the reg season, more so the post season.

The current team healthy can get to 60 wins and can be top 2 in the east, but teams without 2 legit scorers struggle agains the best teams in the NBA.

Last time the core went to the playoffs healthy back a couple years ago, they lost to the Heat bc they struggled offensively. Rose was the man, but not much help anywhere else. This is what will happen with the current team and makeup. There is just not another player who can create offense for himself.

Go look at what Vince carter, AI, Shaq(from LA),Jermaine Oneal(from the pacers), Ray Allen and a hell of a lot of stars got traded for and throw "You cant get it done without ____ " out a little less often.

Every time some star is up to be traded people post unrealistic packages for him and most end up getting way less. Not all. But most. And most are bigger stars than Aldridge. A version of Shaq who was 6 votes from being MVP was traded for Lamar Odom and a 9ppg 38% shooting Caron Butler who later became very good. But it isnt far more at the time of the trade than Deng on an expiring deal and a likely high lottery pick.

Really...bobcats unprotected?

Might as well call it a top 5 pick.

Its sure as hell more than Aaron Williams and Zo who never played for the Raptors which is what they got for Vince Carter who still had like 5 years of star basketball in him.

Deng and a top 5 pick are more than Andre Miller which is about what the76ers got for AI.

What was Webber traded for? Kenny Thomas and filler? He was falling off then...but he went to the Kings for I think....aging Mitch Richmond?

Big expiring deal + valuable lottery pick isnt far off what teams often give up...especially for guys asking to be traded.

Im nto saying it wont involve Butler or Noah if it happens.

Im saying...history shows us "They would have to get ____" to not really be the case many times.

Not when the guy in question isnt elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I am not down with trading Noah at all.

The whole reason of getting aldridge is to pair him with Noah. But I'm happy for the bulls to stay as is for a year, and see how we pan out. Bulls should not look to extend Deng, unless of course we win the championship

lamarcus aldridge is soooooo underrated...

i already know he is super good, but when i say his name in my head it's like i barely recognize it.

i guess because espn never brings him up ever... it's a travesty.

like if you said his name in front of a guy who kind of watches basketball who isnt from portland they would be like, "who the f*ck is lamarcus aldridge."

but he average 21/9 and was a top pick in 06
    Last edited by LBJMVP; 06-26-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Not really worried about the reg season, more so the post season.

The current team healthy can get to 60 wins and can be top 2 in the east, but teams without 2 legit scorers struggle agains the best teams in the NBA.

Last time the core went to the playoffs healthy back a couple years ago, they lost to the Heat bc they struggled offensively. Rose was the man, but not much help anywhere else. This is what will happen with the current team and makeup. There is just not another player who can create offense for himself.
    I dont think its quite as simple as "It happened so it will happen again". Back to back best record in the NBA isnt something to dismiss because you lost one series(Rose hurt during game 1 win vs philly....and im clearly talking about a healthy bulls team).

Noah was a big part of that.

Bulls are not going to make it work if none of those guys are involved. Bulls just do not have the necessary assets to make this happen. Why do the Blazers trade their star big for anything other than those guys?
    Capspace and adding a young piece like Taj to replace Aldridge...

Other than that, you're right.