Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rumor: LMA wants off the Blazers, lists Bulls as desired destination

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Are Bulls fans being ridiculous in not wanting to give up Noah for Aldridge? Is Aldridge better than Noah? Could Aldridge play the center position?

Aldridge
    Taj
    Deng
    Butler
    Rose

How good would that lineup be?
    I like how you throw LMA into the center spot like he can play it. If they trade Noah they'll have no good center, all undersized forwards to play the position.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: Rumor: LMA wants off the Blazers, lists Bulls as desired destination

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I like how you throw LMA into the center spot like he can play it. If they trade Noah they'll have no good center, all undersized forwards to play the position.
    That's why I clearly asked can he play the center position in that same post.

LMA, to me, is one of the most valuable players in the league. Would be a very tough deal to get done.

Learning to shoot layups PassTheRock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Lma isnt undersized. Just sayin

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

This has been brewing for a while but just because he wants to be traded, doesn't mean that Portland is gonna take a bunch of trash back just for him to be on a contending team. If there aren't any good offers, the blazers can still try and put together a competitive roster for the 13-14' season and either keep him or trade him then. He's a one of the best PFs on a very reasonable contract, he has a good amount of value.

But let's say Portland and Chicago do want to deal, there's no way a deal gets done without Butler and picks. If the blazers are trading Aldridge it's to do a complete rebuild, not to take on expensive role players so they can narrowly miss the playoffs every year.

Wouldn't mind sending LMA to either Dallas or Houston if he absolutely has to be traded.

I can understand the idea of wanting to acquire Aldridge without giving up Noah, the tandem of them together would be very good and make them title contenders (though I still wouldn't put money on them beating Miami), it makes sense. But please tell me people don't actually believe Noah is a better player than Aldridge? He's not, it's not really that close either.

If worst comes to worst and Portland won't take any other offer the Bulls can make, you trade Noah for Aldridge and look for a defensive big somewhere else to pair with LMA.

Facts Are Misleading

Noah is not as good a scorer as Aldridge, but he's better at everything else.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Dude deserves to get out of that shit hole that is the Blazers and contend for a ring already or at least get some playoff burn.....no offense to Blazer fans. You all can still root for Damian......

I am all down for anything that makes the East more competitive and I really think LMA deserves a better team.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

If it came down to them accepting Butler and picks I would give up Butler. I really like Butler but Noah/Aldridge/Rose is a championship core. Bulls would have to keep Deng and go out and sign someone like JJ Redick.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Wut. Noah is a better player than Aldridge and if I'm building a team, I take Noah 9 out of 10 times over Aldridge unless I already have an all-star center on the roster. Even then I would consider Noah at PF if their games mesh.

Saw a basketball once RandyMarsh1's Avatar

Don't see Aldridge moving without the Bulls giving up Noah

Blazers already have Batum so theres no need for Dengs heavy contract and Butler

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMarsh1

Blazers already have Batum so theres no need for Dengs heavy contract and Butler
    no way bulls move Noah for Aldridge. Noah is clearly the heart of the bulls, they went to the 2nd round with him as their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Id take him gladly but not for Noah. Is that Bulls fan emotion talking?

Tell me.
    Not totally but somewhat. I think LA is exactly what the bulls need. A true inside post presence. One of the best big men in the game. He would work extremely well with rose and I think they are better.

Noah is one of my favorite players but Bulls need that true #2 option. Aldridge is that guy and he is in his prime. I am one of the biggest fans of Noah. I love his intensity, defensive effort and toughness. He puts up decent stats but his impact is not seen in the stats.

If I had a #1 and 2 option, I am never trading Noah bc he just does so well making others better and anchoring that defense. But if you have the chance for one of the most skilled big men in the game, can't turn that down IMO. I think he can take bulls to next level

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMarsh1

While i do agree with the majority of what you said, i disagree about dengs contract. It is a pretty penny, yes. but if the blazers are indeed rebuilding, having 15 million coming off the books by season end is a great thing to have going into the 14/15 free agency pool.

Regardless, i dont see a deal being made between the two teams, unless Butler, possibly gibson, and future picks (ie bobcats 1st) are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    no way bulls move Noah for Aldridge. Noah is clearly the heart of the bulls, they went to the 2nd round with him as their best player.
    Not trying to discredit what Noah brought and how depleted their team was but lets not act like getting to the 2nd round is anything special. And it really was the collective effort of the entire team that got them there.