*gap*
    *gap*
    *gap*
    2. West
    *gap*
    *gap*
    3. Kobe
    4. Wade

Wade's statistics and resume match up quite well to Kobe's, with Kobe having the advantage which is why he's at 3.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: Dwyane Wade is the 3rd GOAT SG

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Comparing where they stand in the greatest finals performers part. You implied that West wasn't one of the greatest finals performers while Wade was.
    So you want to argue that West was a good finals performer even though he lost 8 of 9 times on stacked teams??? Those numbers that you post I call empty stats. You know what those words mean better than anyone else.

7-time NBA All-Star

I still have West over Wade. This championship run didn't change Wade's ranking for me at all.

1.Jordan
    2.Kobe
    3.West
    4.Wade

5 is tough, have to think about it more. Right now, nobody stands out as the clear number 5 for me. SG position really drops off after the top 4.

Very good NBA starter

Delusional Wade stans.

Wade probaby ****ed a close family member of Jacks3.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

It's not just rings that count.
    Haha your arguments change to suit your agenda

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It's also career stats and Jerry West crushes Wade in that department. Rings are important plus career stats. That's why I don't think Lebron is close to Kobe yet. His stats aren't good enough yet.
    Hahaha DaFuCcCc is wrong with you 9er you fool

I don't get picked last at the park anymore TheTenth's Avatar

Wade (so far - as he has not had a long late career slump to speak of) is a better scorer, passer, and rebounder while West is more efficient (barely) and could quite possibly be the better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    Haha your arguments change to suit your agenda

Hahaha DaFuCcCc is wrong with you 9er you fool
    He says that because Jerry "The Logo" West was a better player than Wade will ever be. MAkes sense to me for him to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Wade probaby ****ed a close family member of Jacks3.
    That and the fact that he's completely retarded.

@Deuce,

Isn't that why Lebron got destroyed prior to his Heat days? All the stats he put up were considered to be empty stats. All those stats from West and only one title to show for it? When it comes down to it, I would rather have a player who helps me win a title, over a player who puts up crazy stats. That's the reason why I still rank Kobe over Lebron (aside from troll posts).

BTW, all those All-Star games and All-NBA teams are horse shit. West was an All-Star in 1974 and he played only 31 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

MJ
    Kobe
    West
    Wade

Wade coasted through the east and let Bron play his Cleveland ball until they had to actually play up to par against real competition and then he stepped up to starter all star level when they really needed him.

Can't judge an individual on 3-4 games over the other 16-17 though..gotta look at both and combined wade was all star reserve level at best for the entirety of the run.

For reference wade had a lower overall efficiency than 04 Kobe..who gets crucified for his play that playoffs. If wade really is a top five SG we have to hold him to a higher standard

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    For reference wade had a lower overall efficiency than 04 Kobe..who gets crucified for his play that playoffs. If wade really is a top five SG we have to hold him to a higher standard
    However bad he plays from now on, he can't be dropped below the 4th position though. 3x Champion and 1x FMVP. None of the others below him have achieved that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    However bad he plays from now on, he can't be dropped below the 4th position though. 3x Champion and 1x FMVP. None of the others below him have achieved that.
    Well unless iverson comes back from china and drops 40ppg hell be pretty safe lol..

He actually could've had 4 rings and 2 FMVPS if it wasn't for lebrons passiveness two Years ago.

Then again h could've been 2 rings and 1 FMVP if the spurs don't choke away game 6. Shows how fragile these achievements really are and he had no control over those outcomes.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think you can always make arguments for West over Kobe and Wade...but I just don't think Wade's play in the playoffs was impressive enough to warrant him going above West for sure.
    I have a lot of respect for Jerry West, but I don't really see any case for ranking him over or putting him in the same tier as Kobe. (I have West in the same tier as Oscar and Moses, and Kobe in the same tier as Duncan and Hakeem) West has no edge on Kobe awards wise, scoring wise, statistically, winning wise...absolutely none. Kobe is a better scorer, defender, rebounder, and nearly as good a play-maker/passer. His longevity/durability is also superior. West missed a ton of time with injuries.

Both were the best SG's of their era, great defensive players, great shooters, and could play-make/facilitate as well. Not many weaknesses if any at all at the 2 guard. Kobe's main advantage is his versatility (he's just bigger than West and can move down to SF or play in the post) and the fact that his teams have capitalized on their talent. You could chalk it up to playing with prime Shaq, Phil Jackson, the Lakers front office, or whatever, but Kobe's won 5 championship on teams with comparable talent for their eras compared to 1 for West. That counts IMO. Not to mention Kobe is an MVP winner and he's surpassed all of West's Laker records as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    That's my take on it too. It's either 3rd or fourth best on the Sg GOAT lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    That's my take on it too. It's either 3rd or fourth best on the Sg GOAT lists.
    Yep. Unless Wade finds a age reversing machine and wins an MVP and two FVMP's, he's not going to be ranked above Kobe.