Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: LeBron James and Heat ruined my love for Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by StackzUp
    Lebron is one of the greatest. I don't see how you can't love basketball right now. We are watching one of the G.O.A.T.S at his prime. Embrace it.
    I feel the same way. LeBron has never been my favorite player but the way he let's the game come to him and is elite in so many areas makes him a pleasure to watch. Even if I disliked him I would still realize and appreciate his once in a generation game.

That being said the relentless flopping is starting to make me dislike him. I understand doing whatever it takes to win and numerous other elites employ this strategy like Kobe, Wade, CP3 and one of my favorite players Tony Parker, but LeBron is on another level of greatness with MJ, Bird, Magic and Kareem.

It diminishes his game and while I still believe we are witnessing true greatness, not ESPN hyped up greatness, I have lost some respect for him.

Yo ripthekik, talking about things that are fair and unfair.. Isn't it unfair that Kobe through the Los Angeles market has only played 3 years of his career without star teammates? Isn't it unfair that Lakers get far bigger advantages than the rest of the league only because of location?

At the end of the day, everyone is looking for good teammates. If players are willing to do it, they will. There has to be some sacrifice, losing being the man, less shots, less money but at the end you get to play on a good team and not risk being in the hands of a bad front office.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StackzUp
    Lebron is one of the greatest. I don't see how you can't love basketball right now. We are watching one of the G.O.A.T.S at his prime. Embrace it.
    This. We may never see another LBJ in NBA ever again. Instead of witnessing his greatness, people are salty and hating.

We will obviously see another 6'6 shooting guard again in the future. But a 6'8 260lb monster that can do everything on the court? I doubt it.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    You sound bitter, trying to look for legitimate excuses as to why you hate the Heat, rather than just admit that you don't like them because you hate Lebron, or some other reason that's due to weak jealous feelings. I mean it's easier to make up excuses than to admit jealousy and envy. I want the Spurs to win, I'm just describing what I see in you.

I mean, according to you only the same old storied teams should win the championship and newer teams should not. That's retarded. Why not the best team win the championship regardless of their name. You don't care about the actual game.
    That's the irony of it all. The same peeps b!tching about Miami possibly winning again are the same clowns who just want to see Lakers vs. Celtics Finals Match-ups for all eternity.

I thought is was actually refreshing seeing OKC make it to the big dance last season, only made better by the fact that Westbrook and Durant actually competed, put up monster stats, and showed the world what small market teams can do, if given a chance.

Besides, the League has always been about "passing the torch" to the next generation, and that has now officially happened with Lebron doing his thing. And even with going to Miami, it's not like he gets to take a night off, or "phone it in" every other game. He's still expected to lead the team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and shut down the hot hand, just like he was doing in Cleveland.

This upcoming Finals is a "win-win" for every type of basketball fan out there. Want fundamentals? You got it! Want crazy athletic plays? You got those. Unselfish team play? Check. Want a rematch/revenge sub-plot? You got that too. Best current player versus the consensus best Power Foward of all time? Hey man, it's in there!! Add in the fact that the Spurs are no longer a slow, plodding up the court type team anymore, with 2 great clutch players in Duncan and lebron, and you can't deny that you have something special here as basketball fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    The Celtics started this. Pat Riley just took it to the extreme.

The Celtics gave up assets to form the big 3. Nonsense to compare the two

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    This. We may never see another LBJ in NBA ever again. Instead of witnessing his greatness, people are salty and hating.

We will obviously see another 6'6 shooting guard again in the future. But a 6'8 260lb monster that can do everything on the court? I doubt it.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...62&postcount=5

Hating someone you've never even spoken to is very odd. Even worse is how much it seems to get to you. How can 1 player influence your overall feelings towards the game.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth#34
    The Celtics gave up assets to form the big 3. Nonsense to compare the two
    Don't hate us cause Heat management saved up to ball up!

Its not the superteam that I dont look. Its the superstar doing flopped that is unacceptable.. I love his talent and maybe 1 in a billion species like him. But he flops and that is some ***** ass move.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

What is wrong with being a fan of a player?

My brother has been a fan of GSW for like twenty years or so. Here's the thing. We live in Australia. He became a fan of the team back when they had Tim Hardaway and Chris Mullin.

He still still goes for the Warriors. But for what reason? The team is not made up the same players now obviously and he should have no loyalty to the city of Oakland as he has never even been there.

I can understand if you grew up in Chicago and you want to be loyal to your local team but there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a player. In the case of LeBron, if you were a fan of him when he was in Cleveland, are you supposed to keep supporting the Cavs even though the reason why you supported them has changed teams.

It makes no sense.

Again, there is nothing wrong about being a fan of a player. You don't have to pick a team in your childhood and be their fan for the rest of your life no matter how horrible the franchise is.

The ISH'ers Champion!

OP too jealous. Why so mad OP?

If the Heat can make some of these kids stop watching bball, I can only imagine what they will do when they're old enough to date their first gf dumps them.

"Fcuk girls, I like men more anyways!..and I have two hands so there!"

A bunch of future 40 year olds living in their mom's basement. lol

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    At the end of the day, everyone is looking for good teammates. If players are willing to do it, they will. There has to be some sacrifice, losing being the man, less shots, less money but at the end you get to play on a good team and not risk being in the hands of a bad front office.
    The only sacrifice I see was made by Wade and Bosh.

i feel sorry 4 op