Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

Quote Originally Posted by 360crazy
    Because of Lebron James. I started watching the NBA when he was drafted (disliked the NBA before then) and was amazed. Lebron is the reason I discovered my athletic ability and made my junior and high school teams. Whatever team Lebron is on...that's the team I want to win because I want Lebron to succeed.
    Let me get this straight, you disliked the NBA before Lebron was drafted? Lebron alone made you like the NBA?

Default Re: Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Born and raised in the county of DADE. They used to even have a sign that said Wade County.
    Time to make a new sign that says Fade County.

Because I randomly picked them as a 3 or 4 year old when watching a game.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Let me get this straight, you disliked the NBA before Lebron was drafted? Lebron alone made you like the NBA?
    Yup. I never watched one game before that...my granny would watch it and she told me to come look at this high school kid getting a 100 million dollar contract of some sort. After watching his 1st game, I was hooked. I quickly became a highly skilled basketball player after Lebron entered the league. I could never turn my back on him. So if you Lebron goes to the Bobcats...I will be a Bobcats fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    im maimi fan since 1989
    im botson fan since 1946

- Because of Lebron
    - Not American, no natural connection with any of the teams

Is that good enough for ya'll? Don't know what to say, I can not get hooked to a specific team, I like players. I used to wish the Suns would win when they had Steve Nash and were a contender.

Here in Europe, I support my soccer team since I was a kid and I only care for the team, not the players. I've grown up with my team and I can't say the same for the NBA.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

I follow the heat because Lebron plays for them, and I like the whole excitement factor of the "big 3" coming together... I am from england so have no affiliation with any teams, so why not.

I follow lakers/kobe before the decision, but always been a big lebron fan.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

So all the Kobe stans are from China and all the LeBron stans are from Europe

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So I can act superior to those following inferior teams.

No wait I' m not a c.unt

lived the entirety of my life here, save for a couple of years in California(loved it and will move back but Lakers fans are the worst).

Sunshine State

It doesn't matter if they bandwagon or just follow LeBron, it's not like they're gonna have the the real satisfaction of Miami winning a championship compared to a real fan I live in Florida and I could easily jump on the the Heat/LeBron Bandwagon, but it's not going to matter for me when they win because I haven't been there through the struggle, all I'll get is bragging rights. Which is the grand scheme of things means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    says the laker fan who lives in bulgaria
    Please elaborate.

Looks like being fan of a player isn't appreciated here.

Gimme Worthy over LBJ. Nebraskanball's Avatar

Do you guys think the Heat even have real fans? Are they all "Lebron fans that don't care about the team unless he's there?"
    No one has listed something anything that they like about the team...other than "Lebron."
    Last edited by Nebraskanball; 06-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    So all the Kobe stans are from China and all the LeBron stans are from Europe

I'm from Europe and I'm a Rondo stan but if he ever leaves then so be it. Team > Player.