Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Troll who tries to provoke you

Default Re: Wade's "travel", this is not a travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    It's a travel.
    agreed!

its called "hop backstep"

both feet are in the air for a fraction of a second.

its a clear travel.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trig
    In the previous game, when Wade flopped out of bounds, Steve Kerr said

"Was Wade really out of bounds? I don't know." -- Steve Kerr
    Different situation.

Because he had a point of reference error on that call doesn't mean he can't analyze a manuever and determine whether it's a travel or not.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    i've looked up every foul that people are complaining about... there has been nothing worth complaing about except lebrons last foul.

show me a foul you have an issue with.
    Dont really have an issue with the calls per say. I have an issue with people making claims without having watched the game.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    He would have missed that shot anyway, he should have taken the open three or continued driving to the net after the shot fake.
    He passed the ball to Battier who actually made the 3-point shot.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    agreed!

its called "hop backstep"

both feet are in the air for a fraction of a second.

its a clear travel.
    What the F? Do you even read what you write.

EVERY player's feet are in the air when they do the two-count rhythm when going for a layup or dunk. Nobody has a foot on the floor at all times. It's physically impossible, you moron.

That's not a travel.

It is a travel, it wouldn't have been one if he stepped back in one motion without stopping, but by stopping and gathering the ball, he establishes his right foot as the pivot, then steps back which is a travel.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    I think the refs called it because he did it so slowly, usually when people do stepbacks they do it quickly.
    Yup, he already committed to going forward and the defender even recognized it and adjusted, and then like a second later he decides to jump backwards.. cant do that.

If you took one step. Stopped. and took another, thats a travel. Even if you took only two steps.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    The only time a travel like that is ignored is when LeBron does it.

Heat bandwagoners can't accept defeat. Don't worry. The NBA will rig your path to the Finals anyway.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Dont really have an issue with the calls per say. I have an issue with people making claims without having watched the game.

what claims?

i was laughing at the fact the miami fans are calling this a rig job, when i have looked up and seen all the fouls they are complaing about and it is joke that they are complaing.

except for lebrons last foul.

you just agreed that you dont have an issue with the calls. so therefore you agree with me that it is laughable that miami fans are complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    It is a travel, it wouldn't have been one if he stepped back in one motion without stopping, but by stopping and gathering the ball, he establishes his right foot as the pivot, then steps back which is a travel.
    EXACTLY.

He hesitated which caused a slight pause in his motion. Once you do that, your right foot becomes the pivot foot.

He traveled. End of story.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    EXACTLY.

He hesitated which caused a slight pause in his motion. Once you do that, your right foot becomes the pivot foot.

He traveled. End of story.
    No, because the ****ing NBA Rules say NOTHING of the time inbetween each step. There is no time interval. Clearly you can see Wade's body going backwards to go into his step back move. The foot may have got off the ground a little delayed than you are used to, but it still counts as his two-count rhythm after collecting the ball. The rules do not specify anything about time intervals and are specific as to when these steps actually occur. They are events (such as one foot landing, 2nd foot landing, not time intervals.)

NBA RULES :

Section XIV-Traveling
    a. A player who receives the ball while standing still may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
    b. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may use a two-count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball.
    The first count occurs:
    (1) As he receives the ball, if either foot is touching the floor at the time he receives it.
    (2) As the foot touches the floor, or as both feet touch the floor simultane- ously after he receives the ball, if both feet are off the floor when he receives it.
    The second occurs:
    (1) After the count of one when either foot touches the floor, or both feet touch the floor simultaneously.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    what claims?

i was laughing at the fact the miami fans are calling this a rig job, when i have looked up and seen all the fouls they are complaing about and it is joke that they are complaing.

except for lebrons last foul.

you just agreed that you dont have an issue with the calls. so therefore you agree with me that it is laughable that miami fans are complaining.
    "didnt see the actual game cause of work, but the only bad call i've seen is lebrons foul out one."

Didnt see the game, yet seen all the foul calls in the game to make an opinion that the lebron foul was bad? That statement may have confused me.. my bad ? Im a heat fan and you cant really complain about officiating because it hasnt been too lopsided really. The heat, based on personnel, should be playing good enough for officiating to not matter anyways. Instead u have guys like allen, wade, bosh (major components) playing beneath their level. Im liking the series though and look forward to next game. More urgency is needed from the heat as they cant just coast all the time, it will cost them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    "didnt see the actual game cause of work, but the only bad call i've seen is lebrons foul out one."

Didnt see the game, yet seen all the foul calls in the game to make an opinion that the lebron foul was bad? That statement may have confused me.. my bad ? Im a heat fan and you cant really complain about officiating because it hasnt been too lopsided really. The heat, based on personnel, should be playing good enough for officiating to not matter anyways. Instead u have guys like allen, wade, bosh (major components) playing beneath their level. Im liking the series though and look forward to next game. More urgency is needed from the heat as they cant just coast all the time, it will cost them.

i say on youtube a video of lebron last foul. it was a pretty bad call.

i dont think the refs have been bias towards anyone this series. i just don't like the flopping.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    That's not a travel.
    No one cares what you think.