Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: #1 NBA Playoff Series Performance Of All-Time

Holy Shit he's back ^^

Kareem's '70-71 Finals, in a sweeping win... 27 ppg, 18.5 rpg, .605 shooting. IMHO, his greatest regular season and post-season combined.

Russell's '64-65 Finals. 18 ppg, 27 rpg, and a record .702 FG%. All in a 4-1 blowout series win.

Barry's '74-75 Finals, when he took his 48-34 Warrior team to a 4-0 sweep of the heavily-favored 60-22 Bullets, in a series in which he averaged 30 ppg.

Wait, why is he posting on both accounts now?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Wait, why is he posting on both accounts now?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    ???

Chamberlain's 64-65 ECF's play was a prime "scoring" Wilt at his peak. A 30 ppg, 31 rpg, .555 FG% series against what many considered a peak Russell just has to rank among the greatest playoff series performances of all-time. And once again, taking a 40-40 team (that had gone 34-46 the year before he arrived) to a game seven, one point loss, against the 62-18 Celtics at the apex of their dynasty was truly remarkable. And his game seven of 30 points, on 12-15 shooting from the floor, with 32 rebounds is also one of the greatest single game playoff performances as well.

Chamberlain's 64-65 ECF's play was a prime "scoring" Wilt at his peak. A 30 ppg, 31 rpg, .555 FG% series against what many considered a peak Russell just has to rank among the greatest playoff series performances of all-time. And once again, taking a 40-40 team (that had gone 34-46 the year before he arrived) to a game seven, one point loss, against the 62-18 Celtics at the apex of their dynasty was truly remarkable. And his game seven of 30 points, on 12-15 shooting from the floor, with 32 rebounds is also one of the greatest single game playoff performances as well.
    Is that your vote? And isn't it called the Eastern Division Finals? Not ECF's yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Is that your vote? And isn't it called the Eastern Division Finals? Not ECF's yet.
    Not sure yet. He averaged 38.6 ppg, 23.4 rpg, and shot .559 in a seven game series against the Hawks in the '64 WDF's. In fact, counting his play against Russell's Celtics in the Finals, he averaged 34.7 ppg on .543 shooting in the entire playoffs, to go along with 25.2 rpg...in a post-season that averaged 105.8 ppg on .420 shooting. Think about that.

But then again...he was just as dominant in his entire '67 post-season, too.

I will have to think about this some more...

Not sure yet. He averaged 38.6 ppg, 23.4 rpg, and shot .559 in a seven game series against the Hawks in the '64 WDF's. In fact, counting his play against Russell's Celtics in the Finals, he averaged 34.7 ppg on .543 shooting in the entire playoffs, to go along with 25.2 rpg...in a post-season that averaged 105.8 ppg on .420 shooting. Think about that.

But then again...he was just as dominant in his entire '67 post-season, too.

I will have to think about this some more...
    Alright. But don't start using false correlations to prop up Wilt again. Whatever the league is doing has nothing do with how "hard" it is for him. The league averages in the '50s was in the thirty percent range, so I guess Mikan played in the toughest era of all-time....Please.

Very good NBA starter

No Kobe 2010 Suns series? That was his best WCF ever.

33.7 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 8.3 apg, .521 fg%.

Also Jazz series 2008

33.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 7.2 apg, .491 fg%.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 05-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    I think we should pick who are going to vote much more carefully.

I mean, as you know, Duncan is my all-time favourite and if I vote for Duncan just because of this?
    A stan will vote for his favourite player without considering any other player.

Also;
    Well I think that is because when you have a favorite player, you obviuosly watch them more closely than other players so when your favorite has a great series/game/run it's more memorable and "greater" to you.

A series people should consider even though his team lost the series - Jerry West in the '69 NBA Finals.

Jordan 91 finals.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

I'm not sure about #1 of all time but to me Dirk Nowitski's run a couple years ago has to rank up there towards the top. dude was indomitable

Somebody mentioned Julius Erving in '76 ABA and yeah for sure!! But what about Dan Issel just the year before on the Colonels ? I mean he had some all time greats on his team with A-Train & Louis Dampier.... but is that the criteria here?
    Issel is so totally forgot and that's not right. He was incredible in those days.
    And, you can equally flip that fact in '75 ABA and talk about how A-Train had a great run in that season!! Artis had an amazing hook shot - totally forgotten today.
    But that was the same year Rick Barry had that amazing playoffs over in the NBA!! Can you really pick just 1 and say it's better than any other?

Dennis Johnson's run was incredible - he is the only guard in history to do what he did, really, leading a team of no-names like that to the championship. His first ring is forgot due to his glory years with Larry Bird, McHale & Chief's Boston teams... but in the 70s he was amazing!!

I might go with John Havlicek in '69. Hondo ran wild on everybody

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    I'm not sure about #1 of all time but to me Dirk Nowitski's run a couple years ago has to rank up there towards the top. dude was indomitable

Somebody mentioned Julius Erving in '76 ABA and yeah for sure!! But what about Dan Issel just the year before on the Colonels ? I mean he had some all time greats on his team with A-Train & Louis Dampier.... but is that the criteria here?
    Issel is so totally forgot and that's not right. He was incredible in those days.
    And, you can equally flip that fact in '75 ABA and talk about how A-Train had a great run in that season!! Artis had an amazing hook shot - totally forgotten today.
    But that was the same year Rick Barry had that amazing playoffs over in the NBA!! Can you really pick just 1 and say it's better than any other?

Dennis Johnson's run was incredible - he is the only guard in history to do what he did, really, leading a team of no-names like that to the championship. His first ring is forgot due to his glory years with Larry Bird, McHale & Chief's Boston teams... but in the 70s he was amazing!!

I might go with John Havlicek in '69. Hondo ran wild on everybody
    Have you had a chance to read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kentucky-Colon.../dp/1935001825

?

I'm highly considering picking it up, seems like it'll be a great read.