Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: The difference between Kobe and Jordan...Phil Jackson nails it...

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    And the explanation for his playoff loses?
    Um, because his teams sucked back then.

You realize once he got quality teammates and played a full season, the Bulls never lost another playoff series, right?

Why so mad, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiengqichess
    That accually shows how good Kobe's skill is. He had a career neck to neck with Jordan with all the negativities. I am a fan of Kobe and I could know the difference between them exactly what Phil Jackson wrote.

The denial of reality of Kobe fans is what slays me.

you're comparing teams, not players.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Um, because his teams sucked back then.

You realize once he got quality teammates and played a full season, the Bulls never lost another playoff series, right?

Why so mad, bro?
    Ah, I see. 1995 never happened.

Also, I don't give a shit about Kobe, I just hate the deification of Jordan.

NBA rookie of the year

Playing against some of the best teams of ALL TIME with an '06 Lakers level cast?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Playing against some of the best teams of ALL TIME with an '06 Lakers level cast?
    You give too much credit, I'd argue 2006 and 2007 Lamar Odom was better than 1989 and 1990 Pippen as sidekicks.

People love to act as if Pippen was of '91 and '92 caliber from the moment he entered the league.

MJ dragged some very talentless squads into the ECF two years in a row, and put up a fight against the soon to be NBA championships. So MJ took comparable squads (from a talent perspective, not record) in '89 and '90 to the ECF, where as Kobe didn't pull the 2006 and 2007 Lakers out the first round.

There is something to be said for a great player dragging a team of trash into the playoffs when they don't belong, such as Kobe's 2006 and 2007 Lakers. It's a horse of a different color to drag the same non playoff caliber talent roster to the conference finals, and put up a fight against the soon to be champions.

Kind of highlights the difference in impact on the game between MJ (nearing his peak) v.s. Kobe at his absolute peak as a player in 2006 and 2007. Agreed?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    You give too much credit, I'd argue 2006 and 2007 Lamar Odom was better than 1989 and 1990 Pippen as sidekicks.

People love to act as if Pippen was of '91 and '92 caliber from the moment he entered the league.

MJ dragged some very talentless squads into the ECF two years in a row, and put up a fight against the soon to be NBA championships. So MJ took comparable squads (from a talent perspective, not record) in '89 and '90 to the ECF, where as Kobe didn't pull the 2006 and 2007 Lakers out the first round.

There is something to be said for a great player dragging a team of trash into the playoffs when they don't belong, such as Kobe's 2006 and 2007 Lakers. It's a horse of a different color to drag the same non playoff caliber talent roster to the conference finals, and put up a fight against the soon to be champions.

Kind of highlights the difference in impact on the game between MJ (nearing his peak) v.s. Kobe at his absolute peak as a player in 2006 and 2007. Agreed?
    Definitely.