Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

I support Rose because he seems like a good guy...but honestly, this reminds me a lot of the Vince/Toronto incident where he sat out forever with a simi-fake injury. I think a little transparency from Rose and the organization would go a long way for public image.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    You Bulls fans are obviously in denial it's pathetic. I guarentee if he still doesn't come back at the start of next year you WILL try to justify it. If you give me "you won't" you're a liar. You worship and pray to a man who cheated on his SAT
    you said it. it's pathetic. how do they not see it??? derrick rose isn't a deity. he's a kind of dumb kid who's also good at basketball. how can you rationalize everything he does? his teammate joakim noah CLEARLY has a much more admirable attitude.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    You said he made money off of the rehab, and I think it was you said he ruined several of your fantasy leagues. So he's a fantasy killer that makes money off of his injuries. This stuff is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac

I think you're just believing what you want to believe at this point, which is erie. I never said any of that, and your assertions lead me to believe your looking for somebody to take your anger out on. Your posts on ISH are usually pretty interesting and informative, but what's erie is, I sense you're going off the deep end in relation to this Rose-topic.
    Whoa!!!
    Errie??? Never said any of that??? These post are posted under your name right?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=28
    "dude brought it on himself with a year long marketing campaign in which he and adidas profited IMO... "

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=36
    "Yes, it was all marketing for his new adidas shoe... I don't know the exact dollar amount... But I saw boat loads of commercials and online ads especially in the first half of the season... He was also drafted in every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed (ie. there was an expectation of #the return"

Are you bipolar??? That was two days ago and you have zero recollection. You were super specific: "year long marketing campaign" with "boat loads" and "every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed" these words imply you fully thought out all of your thoughts and loaded them so that we fully get you. But you forgot any connection in 48 hours???

Either way, if merely talking about Derrick Rose in either a negative or positive connotation bothers you to the core, I recommend staying out of these topics and maybe even staying off ISH. This is not some media fabrication nor is it an army of internet nerds going after Rose. It's an NBA topic being talked about on an NBA board.
    Stay off of Ish? Really? Why? - it might make me bipolar???

In getting to that post of two days ago I passed by 8 other Rose topics. I am definitely not in 5 maybe even 6 of them. I pick out only the ones I believe might have a deeper grasp on the topic. I'm very specific and choosy on what I pick out. All boards have a certain amount of haters. That's reality.

Our back and fourth is very lite to me. No offense taken at all on this end. A good point may sometimes delve deep.

So Rose is not a bitch defenders.. I have a question for you.. How come during this whole highly publicized ordeal is there not one candid interview with Rose talking about whats going on. If there was some real issue at hand preventing him from playing, why doesn't Rose just go on record talking about it?

I'll tell you why...

Because he is full of shit and he knows it, he cannot sit in front of a camera and answer questions about it because he will be exposed. 1 for being an idiot. and 2 for being an in-genuine asshole. He does not want to put himself out there and play subpar... which is inevitable... he wants to just slowly easy himself in. Except right now his team needs him. But he a straight bitch.

tl;dr... someone plz summarize

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Whoa!!!
    Errie??? Never said any of that??? These post are posted under your name right?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=28
    "dude brought it on himself with a year long marketing campaign in which he and adidas profited IMO... "

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=36
    "Yes, it was all marketing for his new adidas shoe... I don't know the exact dollar amount... But I saw boat loads of commercials and online ads especially in the first half of the season... He was also drafted in every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed (ie. there was an expectation of #the return"

Are you bipolar??? That was two days ago and you have zero recollection. You were super specific: "year long marketing campaign" with "boat loads" and "every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed" these words imply you fully thought out all of your thoughts and loaded them so that we fully get you. But you forgot any connection in 48 hours???

Stay off of Ish? Really? Why? - it might make me bipolar???

In getting to that post of two days ago I passed by 8 other Rose topics. I am definitely not in 5 maybe even 6 of them. I pick out only the ones I believe might have a deeper grasp on the topic. I'm very specific and choosy on what I pick out. All boards have a certain amount of haters. That's reality.

Our back and fourth is very lite to me. No offense taken at all on this end. A good point may sometimes delve deep.
    Holy crap you really are going off the deep end.

Where did I ever say I drafted Rose, like your assertion? or that my concern on this topic is in direct relation to "owning" Rose on a team?

I've been doing fantasy basketball for 8 years, and would never draft such a high risk player (ie. injured for much of the season). Mostly because I love Roto leagues and it diminishes his value severly. I said he was drafted in every league I was a part of or witnessed... which he was.

If I have to spell it out for you, it means, there was a reasonable expectation of return by the masses of basketball fans, and he did not go undrafted entirely.

And were did I say "he made money off rehab" exactly? I said he made money off of his supposed "return to basketball". Which is exactly what happened. That is irrefutable. Again, if I have to spell it out for you, there is a difference between a campaign centered around merely rehabilitation of an injury and one centered around a player's return to a professional sport. The public was lead to believe the latter was happening, you can grasp that, right? You realize it was not an ad campaign promoting great rehabilitation?

Again, you're believing what you want to believe, while reading things inaccurately. I'm all for talking about this, I love talking about basketball whether it's x's and o'x or shit like this, but at least quote me accurately. That's all I ask.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Wow, I see the Rose haters really come out on game day.

What you dudes fail to realize is that:

a. Doctors get it wrong all the time. Every day all across the world there is a highly respected Doctor making a misdiagnosis. It happens...,

b. There is a long history of Doctors getting it wrong when it comes to athletes,

c. No two injuries are exactly the same,

d. And no two human bodies are exactly the same. People heal at different rates of speed.

e. Next, without actually knowing another man's body, you have to look at the track record, i.e. the history. What is Derrick Rose's history? His history says that: 1. the guy is "gym rat" - absolutely lives and breathes the game of basketball, one of the hardest workers in the game and works his arse off every day trying to get better, and 2. the guy is a warrior on the basketball court and he has always been someone that you can count on -- a standup guy. So what are we left to conclude? That if a guy of this type of character is telling you that his body is not right - believe him!

g. When I am not feeling well, I almost always say that, "I am alright, I can make it, I got this licked". What makes you think Rose is not going to do the same? Do you really expect him to get in front of the media and tell us, "I am in pain, my leg is not responding right, I am worried that it is not fully healed". Hell to the naw. He is not going to say that. He is going to say something like, "I am feeling good; I am close". That's what an athlete says. That's what a warrior says. That's what Rose says.

h. Last point. You dudes really need to stop running with media reports as if they are gospel truth. As if the media can ever be fully trusted. As if the media always gets it right. Trust the player!

Last edited by TheTruth11; 05-10-2013 at 11:05 AM.

I read the whole article. I wasn't aware of Hill's injuries to that extent. I thought it was just a freak injury, but apparently he had been playing through pain and the doctor's told him "Oh it's fine, it's just a bone bruise."

I agree that the team shouldn't announce when a player is cleared to play. It should be his own choice when he's cleared to play because no one knows your body better than yourself.

If he personally chooses to come back in the playoffs (which I think would be awesome win or lose) that would be awesome, if not that's fine too. It'll be awesome to see him start next season definitely 110% and we'll be able to see what a fully healed Derrick Rose can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I read the whole article. I wasn't aware of Hill's injuries to that extent. I thought it was just a freak injury, but apparently he had been playing through pain and the doctor's told him "Oh it's fine, it's just a bone bruise."

I agree that the team shouldn't announce when a player is cleared to play. It should be his own choice when he's cleared to play because no one knows your body better than yourself.

If he personally chooses to come back in the playoffs (which I think would be awesome win or lose) that would be awesome, if not that's fine too. It'll be awesome to see him start next season definitely 110% and we'll be able to see what a fully healed Derrick Rose can do.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of how the Bulls kind of cleared themselves of any scrutiny and left Rose on an island by saying repeatedly that he has been cleared to play and they are only waiting on him now.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of how the Bulls kind of cleared themselves of any scrutiny and left Rose on an island by saying repeatedly that he has been cleared to play and they are only waiting on him now.
    they are probably just telling the truth. no one is falling on the sword for this guy, the FO is probably pissed and I'm sure his teammates deep down are upset that he's basically giving up on them and dismissing their chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

Totally agree. Good post

Here's the funny thing. If Rose were to come back right away and re-injure that knee or play poorly because it is weak and he continues to favor it, those who are criticizing him for not playing and being soft would shift their criticism to him being injury prone, fragile or weak minded. Very few people would own up, admit that they were wrong and note that he was right to trust his instincts and not play. It's easy to criticize when you're not the one in a particular situation or you're not forced to stand by things you've said.

Just the other day we lost a well known hater because someone pulled up something he had said sometime back that turned out to be a 180 degree departure from what he was saying recently, even as he tried to argue that what he was saying recently was what he has always believed.

It's unfortunate that people refuse to be more circumspect concerning the statements that they make and criticisms that they level.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Here's the funny thing. If Rose were to come back right away and re-injure that knee or play poorly because it is weak and he continues to favor it, those who are criticizing him for not playing and being soft would shift their criticism to him being injury prone, fragile or weak minded. Very few people would own up, admit that they were wrong and note that he was right to trust his instincts and not play. It's easy to criticize when you're not the one in a particular situation or you're not forced to stand by things you've said.

Just the other day we lost a well known hater because someone pulled up something he had said sometime back that turned out to be a 180 degree departure from what he was saying recently, even as he tried to argue that what he was saying recently was what he has always believed.

It's unfortunate that people refuse to be more circumspect concerning the statements that they make and criticisms that they level.
    So true... so true. Good post. They were hating from the start. Dam if he does and dam if he doesn't. In time people will come to see that he definitely made the right decision.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Holy crap you really are going off the deep end.

Where did I ever say I drafted Rose, like your assertion? or that my concern on this topic is in direct relation to "owning" Rose on a team?
    Where did I ever use a word like draft or owning??? I just said he messed up the league - my guess is because people thought he was going to play. Rose didn't ask people to draft him is my point and from the beginning they said it was a year of rehab. No??? Deep end??? Really.
    I've been doing fantasy basketball for 8 years, and would never draft such a high risk player (ie. injured for much of the season). Mostly because I love Roto leagues and it diminishes his value severly. I said he was drafted in every league I was a part of or witnessed... which he was.

If I have to spell it out for you, it means, there was a reasonable expectation of return by the masses of basketball fans, and he did not go undrafted entirely.
    I quoted you as saying in the first in my last post: "He was also drafted in every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed." You see, you can't always tell which is the accurate way to quote you.

And were did I say "he made money off rehab" exactly? I said he made money off of his supposed "return to basketball". Which is exactly what happened. That is irrefutable.
    The rehab is for him to return. What do you think the rehab is for? The implication that the rehab is for the return is way too overwhelming to miss. The commercials show him rehabbing, not returning. Return is the goal, rehab is the process. In the commercial he was "in the process" with hyper suggestions of the goal. Its just semantics.
    Again, you're believing what you want to believe, while reading things inaccurately. I'm all for talking about this, I love talking about basketball whether it's x's and o'x or shit like this, but at least quote me accurately. That's all I ask.
    So what am I to believe? You said I was eerie because I remembered what you said better than you did, tho it was only a couple of days ago. You suggested I was crazy and imagining things that you ACTUALLY did post. I am supposed to believe in you right. A simple "my bad" I forgot I posted this is better than the rehab vs return nonsense. The other argument is really a concession on your part. And you were trying to suggest I was crazy (deep end) for a post in which I just basically point out what you said?

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

honestly i was a big supporter of rose to come back when he is ready. But the annoying thing is that does all this shit and practice and they say he looks good but he doesn't play. If he isn't gonna play, tell the media that he is out for the rest of the season and remove this huge distraction.