Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: LeBron only player to lead team in points, rebounds, assists

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    LeBron a PF?

LeBron is a perimeter player. He is the primary ball handler for Miami and the main playmaker. I'm embarrassed that I'm even giving this post a reply. Thats how pathetic it is.

If LeBron stays Cleveland isn't playing "Christian Eyenga". They dont throw in the towel and tank because they know they suck. LeBron was the Cavs and if hes there they still try to win. Without him they know they are irrelevant.
    to be fair, lebron plays differently now to how he did in cleveland. He regularly plays inside.

Professional sports teams do not tank, except when they are shaving points etc. All that 'suck for luck' and 'tank for X' crap is exactly that, crap.

Lebron as the man.. Where elbow boo boos happen

LeBron a PF?

LeBron is a perimeter player. He is the primary ball handler for Miami and the main playmaker. I'm embarrassed that I'm even giving this post a reply. Thats how pathetic it is.

If LeBron stays Cleveland isn't playing "Christian Eyenga". They dont throw in the towel and tank because they know they suck. LeBron was the Cavs and if hes there they still try to win. Without him they know they are irrelevant.
    Lebron play in the post doesn't he? He plays both inside and outside. OMG do you watch the games? I haven't seen much Heat games true but holy crap...

In Cleveland that is what they had that year Eyenga. So is Lebron and eyenga vs the NBA. They didn't have a lot of money to sign someone over the veteran mid level (or whatever it is called) that year, even after Shaq left. Do you think they could've signed Bosh to that team? Yeah right.

Insecure about what? LeBron is the best and anyone that says otherwise is simply a complete idiot.
    Who said he wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

The cavs had the worst record because they got injured. Varejao, Williams, Jamison all on the injury list. And Big Z wasn't on the team, nor was Shaq. That team was a ghost of the 10 team.
    Yeah. That's why the Cavs went from the best record in the NBA to losing a million games in a row. Because Big Z and Shaq weren't on the team...

LeBron only player to lead NBA in ESPN free agency decision broadcasts

In 2002-03 regular season (60-22), Duncan led Spurs in pts, rebs, blks.

In 02-03 playoffs, he led Spurs in pts, rebs, assists and blks and to the championship.

Lebron about to tie Kobe in Finals MVP too

Bout to leap frog into the Top 5 in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Yeah. That's why the Cavs went from the best record in the NBA to losing a million games in a row. Because Big Z and Shaq weren't on the team...
    And the other guys I mentioned were injured. Reading comprehension much?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Typical Lebron stans.. celebratng in May..

Cause you know if he didn't team on another man's team to form the most stacked team of all time, that these cretin will disappear by June after Lebrons patented annual playoff choke

Give it a rest. It's pathetic, Lebron is great we know. But You don't need 180+ posts in less than a month to tell us that.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

How many other players all-time have led 60+ win teams while accomplishing that?

How about 50+ wins?

Is LeBron James the most valuable player of all-time considering he is his teams best at everything and they still win 66 games?
    because noone else wants to hog the boards score the most points and be the teams pg...ball domination

Dunking on everybody in the park

Lebron can't get it done

Has to be carried by proven finals MVP dwade to not.choke away home court advantage every. Single. Season

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

First I wanna say I'm not fan of LeBron, I just hate how Kobe is being overrated.

http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...be-bryant.html

Adding everything up for that three year stretch that included three championships, Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson controlling egos and steering the ship, plus a phenomenal supporting cast, the Lakers were 0-1 (.000) with both out, 13-12 (.520) with Shaq out, 28-6 (.823) with Kobe out or getting back into shape as a reserve, and 140-46 (.753) together.

The middle three years (’04-05 to ’06-07)

With Kobe playing that season, they went 28-38 (.424), and without him they went 6-10 (.375). We have to look at the final month of the season to get a clearer picture of how this team operated, however. Going into their March 18 contest with the Pacers, the Lakers were 32-32 and right in the thick of making the playoffs. Odom went down with a left shoulder injury that night and the team finished a disastrous 2-16 the rest of the way, including 2-14 (.125) with Kobe in the lineup. It’s hard to argue that Kobe was more important to the ’04-05 team than Odom considering how bad they got without the one compared to the other.

Phil Jackson returned to the Lakers’ sideline in ’05-06 .... All that being said, the Lakers went 45-35 (.563) with Kobe and 0-2 (.000) without, but I’ll add that they also lost their only two games without Odom as well.

In ’06-07, Phil Jackson was obviously still there..... Again, not the best supporting cast, but we see plenty of teams with much much worse every year. The Lakers went 39-38 (.506) with Kobe in the lineup and 3-2 (.600) without. Again taking a look at Odom’s numbers, the team was 30-26 (.536) with him and 12-14 (.462) without, including losing 5 straight in March during the only 5 games he missed after January.

With Pau Gasol/Andrew Bynum/Lamar Odom (’07-08 to ’10-11)

Three things happened during the ’07-08 season that helped define a new era of Lakers basketball and which ultimately took a 42-win team and instantly turned them into a 57-25 contender......Although Bryant played all 82 games that year so we can’t see how the team did with and without him, we do see that the team was 46-15 (.754) with either a Gasol-Odom or Bynum-Odom frontcourt, but only 11-10 (.524) without at least two first-rate bigs in the paint, despite Kobe’s best efforts.

In ’09-10..... They actually played their best ball of the year during their toughest stretch, all without Kobe. Ultimately, when Kobe played that year, they were 51-22 (.699), and without him during games that counted they were 4-1 (.800).

In ’10-11, Kobe was one of six Lakers to play in all 82, including Gasol and Odom. The club went 57-25 (.695), a record that lines up with those over the past three seasons when they had at least two of their big three frontcourt players in the game.

LeBron missed 28 games when he was with the Cavs, and the Cavs record without him was 11-17, and I don't need to mention how were they playing before they drafted him, and after he left them. Even Miami has only 7-6 record without LeBron.

So it's pretty obvious who had actual impact on his team and who was more valuable player over the years.

Bryant was just lucky to play with great frontcourt players which carried him to his 5 rings.
    Last edited by Nashty; 05-05-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    First I wanna say I'm not fan of LeBron, I just hate how Kobe is being overrated.

http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...be-bryant.html

Adding everything up for that three year stretch that included three championships, Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson controlling egos and steering the ship, plus a phenomenal supporting cast, the Lakers were 0-1 (.000) with both out, 13-12 (.520) with Shaq out, 28-6 (.823) with Kobe out or getting back into shape as a reserve, and 140-46 (.753) together.

The middle three years (’04-05 to ’06-07)

With Kobe playing that season, they went 28-38 (.424), and without him they went 6-10 (.375). We have to look at the final month of the season to get a clearer picture of how this team operated, however. Going into their March 18 contest with the Pacers, the Lakers were 32-32 and right in the thick of making the playoffs. Odom went down with a left shoulder injury that night and the team finished a disastrous 2-16 the rest of the way, including 2-14 (.125) with Kobe in the lineup. It’s hard to argue that Kobe was more important to the ’04-05 team than Odom considering how bad they got without the one compared to the other.

Phil Jackson returned to the Lakers’ sideline in ’05-06 .... All that being said, the Lakers went 45-35 (.563) with Kobe and 0-2 (.000) without, but I’ll add that they also lost their only two games without Odom as well.

In ’06-07, Phil Jackson was obviously still there..... Again, not the best supporting cast, but we see plenty of teams with much much worse every year. The Lakers went 39-38 (.506) with Kobe in the lineup and 3-2 (.600) without. Again taking a look at Odom’s numbers, the team was 30-26 (.536) with him and 12-14 (.462) without, including losing 5 straight in March during the only 5 games he missed after January.

With Pau Gasol/Andrew Bynum/Lamar Odom (’07-08 to ’10-11)

Three things happened during the ’07-08 season that helped define a new era of Lakers basketball and which ultimately took a 42-win team and instantly turned them into a 57-25 contender......Although Bryant played all 82 games that year so we can’t see how the team did with and without him, we do see that the team was 46-15 (.754) with either a Gasol-Odom or Bynum-Odom frontcourt, but only 11-10 (.524) without at least two first-rate bigs in the paint, despite Kobe’s best efforts.

In ’09-10..... They actually played their best ball of the year during their toughest stretch, all without Kobe. Ultimately, when Kobe played that year, they were 51-22 (.699), and without him during games that counted they were 4-1 (.800).

In ’10-11, Kobe was one of six Lakers to play in all 82, including Gasol and Odom. The club went 57-25 (.695), a record that lines up with those over the past three seasons when they had at least two of their big three frontcourt players in the game.

LeBron missed 28 games when he was with the Cavs, and the Cavs record without him was 11-17, and I don't need to mention how were they playing before they drafted him, and after he left them. Even Miami has only 7-6 record without LeBron.

So it's pretty obvious who had actual impact on his team and who was more valuable player over the years.

Bryant was just lucky to play with great frontcourt players which carried him to his 5 rings.
    Or maybe the Cavs were so single-mindedly built around Lebron's iso and draw-and-kick game, that the team fell apart without him.

Apart from 04-05, Kobe always played on a team with a real system.

DUH!
    Last edited by Magic 32; 05-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    he also leads in front-running, we will never know what he is capable of without being on a team thats basically able to win w/o him, hence lifting all the pressure from him.

tainted legacy is tainted.
    I think we saw that in Cleveland? Taking massive scrubs to best nba records and the worst team in NBA history to be in a NBA finals etc.... stuff like that...

..and what is front-running? You mean after 7 years refusing to stay with the likes of Larry Hughes, Gibson, Mo Williams for the rest of his career? Lebron is good... but not THAT good to win a championship with the scrub teams he ALWAYS had in Cleveland and would have continued to have if he stayed there (after 7 years, not much happened around him afterall)... nobody in NBA history could have won a championship with the teams he had there...
    Last edited by pauk; 05-05-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Or maybe the Cavs were so single-mindedly built around Lebron's iso and draw-and-kick game, that the team fell apart without him.

Apart from 04-05, Kobe always played on a team with a real system.

DUH!
    And how come when was the system so good, they couldn't win without (unlike Kobe) really important players like Shaq, Odom and Gasol?