Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default One phone call that could change the NBA for next 6+ years.

CP3: what up Dwight

D12: hey chris, just chillin at home tryin to forget this nightmare season. you?

CP3: ain't no difference ova here....just got knocked out of the 1st round again

D12: I feel you chris.. getting swept, LA fans booing me in dodger stadium, i'm takin all this heat even tho i'm playing with a D-league backcourt

CP3: i got an idea to change our lives, d12. what you think bout you and me takin a paycut and joining james in houston?

D12: I don't know man...

CP3: why not?

D12: I can make more money if I stay here chris

CP3: kobe is finna be 35 yrs old and comin off that injury. that laker team is not going to get much better... but, dwight.. if we take less we could create a superteam to challenge Miami and have a lock on the Finals every year.

D12: true that, the plan always was for you and me to team up. we would be a nasty trio with james and we are good friends...

CP3: and i know you heard about MWP yappin bout you ain't even the 2nd best big man in da league on twitter

D12: yeah we ain't good friends over here in LA... never liked each other much

CP3: So what ya say D12?

D12: You know what, this sounds like my ticket I been waitin for. Let's make it happen Chris! Ima call my agent right now.

James Harden: Welcome to Htown my bros, lets get to work

PG : Chris Paul
    SG : James Harden
    SF : Chandler Parsons
    PF : anyone's grandma
    C : Dwight Howard

Houston vs Miami in the Finals for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 05-01-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: One phone call that could change the NBA for next 6+ years.

D12 can't leave $30 mil on the table. He has too many mouths to feed and it'll probably be the last max contract he'll ever receive.

Banned

D12 can't leave $30 mil on the table.
    He has too many mouths to feed
    and it'll be the last max contract he'll ever receive.

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    D12 can't leave $30 mil on the table. He has too many mouths to feed and it'll probably be the last max contract he'll ever receive.
    The 30mil is just cause of an extra year in the contract. Dwight can always get it anyway on his next contract.

This is about as likely to happen as Scarlett Jo caling me to arrange a threesome with her and Jessica Alba.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    This is about as likely to happen as Scarlett Jo caling me to arrange a threesome with her and Jessica Alba.
    That's what was said when this happened.

Cp3 and Dwight have been itching to play together for a long time.

Replace Houston with Dallas, and Harden with Dirk...that's more doable IMO. Dallas-Miami duels, just like the Chicago-Utah series in the 90s

Make it happen Cuban!

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse

D12: hey chris, just chillin at home tryin to forget this nightmare season. you?

CP3: ain't no difference ova here....just got knocked out of the 1st round again

D12: I feel you chris.. getting swept, LA fans booing me in dodger stadium, i'm takin all this heat even tho i'm playing with a D-league backcourt

CP3: i got an idea to change our lives, d12. what you think bout you and me takin a paycut and joining james in houston?

CP3: kobe is finna be 35 yrs old and comin off that injury. that laker team is not going to get much better... but, dwight.. if we take less we could create a superteam to challenge Miami and have a lock on the Finals every year.

D12: true that, the plan always was for you and me to team up. we would be a nasty trio with james and we are good friends...

CP3: and i know you heard about MWP yappin bout you ain't even the 2nd best big man in da league on twitter

D12: You know what, this sounds like my ticket I been waitin for. Let's make it happen Chris! Ima call my agent right now. I just gotta holla at my boy first.

*Calls Josh Smith*

D12: Yo Smoove, going to Houston with CP3 and Harden. You coming?

Smith : I got nothing better to do

PF : Josh Smith

Houston/OKC vs Miami in the Finals for the foreseeable future.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Replace Houston with Dallas, and Harden with Dirk...that's more doable IMO. Dallas-Miami duels, just like the Chicago-Utah series in the 90s

Make it happen Cuban!
    Very possible. Cuban could get rid of Marion's contract easily to make space to sign both of them.

Very possible. Cuban could get rid of Marion's contract easily to make space to sign both of them.

yup...and Dallas is no LA or NY, but it is a really popular city and very sports-crazed town. my feeling is Cuban pulls it off, he didn't sign many of these guys to 1-year deals for nothing this past season, and he fights relentlessly for what he wants with the Mavs. One of the better owners, though annoying, in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd

Make it happen Cuban!
    Dirk's contract is substantially higher than Harden's next season

add lbj to that mix in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Dirk's contract is substantially higher than Harden's next season
    Even with Dirk's contract...Cuban has no issue shelling out cash to bring in players, doubt Houston is willing to do this and go over the luxury tax

however Houston does have more pieces to work with...they can do a three team deal with both LA's...CP3 for Lin, Asik for Howard and expirers (unsure of player trade restrictions)

Strong understanding of the CBA

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

D12: You know what, this sounds like my ticket I been waitin for. Let's make it happen Chris! Ima call my agent right now.

PF : anyone's grandma

Houston vs Miami in the Finals for the foreseeable future.
    Link?