Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Wade tonight

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Wade tonight

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - Honestly Miami doesn't really need Wade's offense....

- They have Lebron ( who can break down the defense and find the open man/ post up and score) and a bunch of great perimeter sghooters.

- Wade just needs to play great defense and Miami wins easily.
    Actually, they need Wade if they ever face a team that utilizes zone defense with great defenders. Bosh too. Luckily, the Thunder refused to play it last year in the finals. I can see the Knicks using from time to time, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron gets passive during those moments.

Lebron and Wade are best when together on defense though. Getting into transition together is where they'll beat teams. Their 3-point shooting squad is just a very very nice luxury, but defense is key because there will be lots of cold shooting games.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    Which is why I would love to see inter-conference playoff matchups as I believe the West is overall better than the East is not nearly as disparate as people suggest.

Regular season basketball favours the West's style, attrition and fatigue are much bigger factors in the East. The East always has the majority of the injuries, you get banged around in the East.

Playing in the West as a individual scorer is also easier in my opinion in terms of putting up numbers. Look at a guy like Iverson who in a couple seasons in his prime couldn't crack 40% FG. He goes to the West at the tailend of his prime and posts 27 ppg on 46%.

Exactly

NBA rookie of the year

It happens, the Heat are built so that they can still win if 1 or even 2 of the big 3 have off nights in the playoffs.