Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose is being Selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    doctor already cleared him and said he won't have higher chance of tearing his ACL than any other player

if hes really afraid of snapping his ACL again then he should retire
    I'm aware that the doctors have cleared him to play. And I know a bit about ACL injuries. The new ACL is actually STRONGER than the first ligament. But try telling that to someone that snapped the first one. He obviously he doesn't have the confidence to plant his leg yet like he needs to.

If he's not mentally ready he'll overcompensate and put himself at increased risk for injuring the other knee.

People have been spoiled by what Adrian Peterson did. What he did was freakish. ACL injuries have traditionally taken 10-12 months to completely recover. The physical recovery is just part of it. All athletes are mentally apprehensive after that kind of injury.

Then when he finally feels confident, he has to get into NBA game shape, whereas everyone else is already into playoff shape. Just wasn't going to happen this year.
    Last edited by Goldrush25; 04-20-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    I'm aware that the doctors have cleared him to play. And I know a bit about ACL injuries. The new ACL is actually STRONGER than the first ligament. But try telling that to someone that snapped the first one. He obviously he doesn't have the confidence to plant his leg yet like he needs to.

If he's not mentally ready he'll overcompensate and put himself at increased risk for injuring the other knee.

People have been spoiled by what Adrian Peterson did. What he did was freakish. ACL injuries have traditionally taken 10-12 months to completely recover. The physical recovery is just part of it. All athletes are mentally apprehensive after that kind of injury.

Then when he finally feels confident, he has to get into NBA game shape, whereas everyone else is already into playoff shape. Just wasn't going to happen this year.

Everyone's telling him he's alright, science is saying he can play. But he doesn't trust that, he's stuck with his own faulty mentality. And he's not trying to change that faulty mentality, and it's causing his team and his fans to suffer.

He is being selfish. /thread

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    its ok... its not any worse than what lebron did to the entire city of cleveland
    Dude, you are pathalogical. If some one tells you they like hamburgers do you respond with "yeah, well lebron sucks!".

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    Dude, you are pathalogical. If some one tells you they like hamburgers do you respond with "yeah, well lebron sucks!".
    no, what do hamburgers have to do with lebron?

I'm not trying to hate on Rose, but he was medically cleared more than a month ago and he practices fully with the team. Technically, he's not really injured anymore

raep tiem

Both brown

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    He's being selfish not because he's sitting out, but because he still hasn't let the Bulls know for sure on whether or not he's going to return in the playoffs, pretty much giving them a false sense of hope. Ultimate b*tch made move imo.

If I'm recalling correctly, didn't Rose say that God told him it would be better if he played next year instead?

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    He's being selfish not because he's sitting out, but because he still hasn't let the Bulls know for sure on whether or not he's going to return in the playoffs, pretty much giving them a false sense of hope. Ultimate b*tch made move imo.
    He's not doing himself any favours here..

He has his sackriders to protect him but it's a pretty bitch move. If they were a #1 seed, he'd be out there. He should have played 5-10 mins per game in the last month or so and eased himself back into it.

Returning in the playoffs after such a long break is stupid. And shouldn't even be a possibility. It shouldn't even be spoken about.

If Kobe beats him back on the court.. he deserves eternal shame.

boo hoo, deal with it.

My point exactly. Why do you try to tie in so many different topics to your hatred of lebron? This is a discussion about rose not coming back from injury.

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't like that he's not playing and think he should. I wouldn't call it selfish, but would understand if someone does. But the fact he hasn't ruled himself out for the whole season? That's not selfish. That's not his job either. I would never expect a player to do that. That's up to the organization.

As far as rose goes, he is his own man, but he has been clear to go for months. I mean Noah is trying to hobble along and play for his team with a torn foot! Its playoffs, do or die, and it goes without saying that the bulls sorely need rose for offensive production.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Rose is bitch made

Not even injured anymore. He's 100% and not playing in the playoffs...makes 16.4 million from the Bulls a year and he's not playing even though he's 100%.

If it wasn't the media darling Rose...any other player would be getting crucified. LOL

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Rose is bitch made

Not even injured anymore. He's 100% and not playing in the playoffs...makes 16.4 million from the Bulls a year and he's not playing even though he's 100%.

If it wasn't the media darling Rose...any other player would be getting crucified. LOL
    Umm he's getting a good amount of criticism. He's just not getting what Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Howard, Wade, or Durant would get cause he's not as big of a name nor does he have that big of a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Rose is bitch made

how do you know hes 100 percent?